Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I realized on Saturday that I only had 6 shirts that still fit me so I decided to go shopping. I found a shirt that I liked at Kohl's and grabbed a large to try on. It was HUGE! I went out and got a medium thinking that would be too small. It fit perfectly, so I bought two. I can't remember the last time a medium fit me!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Most of the other clothes I bought were larges but the 2 mediums I bought look great. I think they make me look a lot skinner. I have a picture of me wearing one of the shirts. I'll post it later (I forgot the USB plug thing).

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
That's great. I am a firm believer that when you feel great you look great too. I know it's hard work, but I am so glad you are please with the progress so far. Keep up the great job.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
You are doing wonderful!

It is so inpiring to see results like smaller clothes!!!
Can't wait to see another picture!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, here is the before and the new during photos:

May 2004 (210+ lbs)

February 2005 (178lbs)

I'm going to try to lighten them tonight using photoshop. On the camera they didn't look that dark.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For some reason I look really tall in those pictures.
Must be the angle of the picture. I'm only 5'6" so I'm not that tall.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i think its because you're thin now that you look tall! you look great!!! im soo jealous! congratulations and i hope you have more fun shopping!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!

I'm going to the Mall of America this coming weekend with a friend. I need to buy some more stuff but I want to be carefull that I don't buy too much. I'm only going to get clothes for spring. I figure by the time it gets warm enough for shorts and tank tops I might be in another size so I'm going to hold off on that stuff until April/May. I need some new capris but I might hold off on those for another month (unless I find some really cute ones).

I love losing the weight but dang I feel like I'm wasting money on clothes. I only get to wear them for a few months and then they are too big. I just bought like $600 worth of clothes in Sept and October. I think only 2 things still fit me. One of these days I'm going to take all of the clothes that don't fit (5 full garbage bags) to a consignment shop. That way I will get some money to go towards my new clothes. I'm going to need all new summer clothes, not to mention new fall/winter clothes. Hopefully some of my mom's clothes will fit soon.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Feb 21 2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks! 

I'm going to the Mall of America this coming weekend with a friend.  I need to buy some more stuff but I want to be carefull that I don't buy too much.  I'm only going to get clothes for spring.  I figure by the time it gets warm enough for shorts and tank tops I might be in another size so I'm going to hold off on that stuff until April/May.  I need some new capris but I might hold off on those for another month (unless I find some really cute ones). 

I love losing the weight but dang I feel like I'm wasting money on clothes.  I only get to wear them for a few months and then they are too big.  I just bought like $600 worth of clothes in Sept and October.  I think only 2 things still fit me.  One of these days I'm going to take all of the clothes that don't fit (5 full garbage bags) to a consignment shop.  That way I will get some money to go towards my new clothes.  I'm going to need all new summer clothes, not to mention new fall/winter clothes.  Hopefully some of my mom's clothes will fit soon.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36709
[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean about wasting the money on clothes. As my friends and I are losing weight, we try to find what we can at the consignment shops and ebay to get us through a few months until another size it needed...that way it is not so pricey. It might not be the cutest/nicest clothes but I can usually find enough to help pad the wardrobe where everything doesn't have to be brand new.

Anyway, you look great! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm lucky that I can wear jeans to work. I only have to dress up when a client is going to be in the office. Which is only once a month or so. So I end up wearing jeans almost every day. Right now this is what my entire wardrobe consists of:
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 2 pairs of tan pants
- 1 pair of black pants (need to replace though, they are too big)

- 2 dress shirts
- 1 dress shirt with 3/4 length sleeves
- 3 sweaters
- 2 short sleeve shirts

- 2 pairs of workout pants
- 3 workout shirts
- 2 jackets to match workout pants

This coming weekend I would like to get a pair of black pants and some more casual shirts (short sleeve and 3/4 lenth sleeves). I'm only going to buy stuff if they are less then $25. I'm hoping I can find some shirts for aroun $15.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Wooo Hooo!!!! Hottie
Have fun shopping! You deserve it!!! To make some $$ on the clothes that don't fit you, you could sell to a consignment(sp) shop. We have one near by and they do give pretty good offers on clothes and stuff. Just an idea to help you spend more now!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Feb 21 2005, 01:04 PM
February 2005 (178lbs)

I'm going to try to lighten them tonight using photoshop.  On the camera they didn't look that dark.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36691
[/QUOTE]

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
((WOW)) You should be VERY proud of yourself`that is so great-how fun to shop for clothes!! Good luck-finding what you need! How much more do you want to lose? Your looking mighty good now! :new_Eyecrazy:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts