Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there was a whole lot of butt sniffin going on!

my mom and i went with parker and her pup ike
we had lots of fun meeting fellow dog lovers

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Those are much better bigger....the yahoo window was so small...

The butt sniffing train is pretty funny!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Jaimie, those pics are just too cute!
I like the butt sniffing train

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

I noticed they didn't have leashes, was it fenced in? Scared to let Puddles run outside free, would end up on the doggie amber alert.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it was fenced in..there was a small dog section (which was very sad...very small fenced in area) and a large dog section. all the dogs were out in the large dog area. it was neat meeting ppl..all wanting to know about ur pups

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
We have gone to doggy parks before -- I prefer the ones separated into little and big dogs sections since I am not going to let miko be around bigger dogs unless I know they are okay. It is fun but sadly, Miko is not really interested in other dogs (even small ones). He comes up to the owners (for a pet or better yet, a treat) all the time, but other than occasional butt sniff, doesn't seem to care for dogs. So, we don't even bother going to parks anymore since Miko truly doesn't seem to care. I suspect he thinks he is human and is insulted that we would group him with other doggies.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Puddles really don't like being around other dogs also. I don't know if he's scared or what. Were in a camping club and there are 2 other dogs. Puddles snapped at one, so we don't let them together any more. Would be so upset if he hurt another dog.

Most of the time, he will bark and sniff. But once they get close to him he will snapp at them or try to climb my leg.

Don't know how to correct this and make him a friendly dog to others.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Jaimie they are great pictures, I also love the butt sniffing train, too funny

Puddles really don't like being around other dogs also. I don't know if he's scared or what. Were in a camping club and there are 2 other dogs. Puddles snapped at one, so we don't let them together any more. Would be so upset if he hurt another dog.

Most of the time, he will bark and sniff. But once they get close to him he will snapp at them or try to climb my leg.

Puddles Mom the only way you may cure Puddle's problem with other dogs perhaps is to continue socializing him on walks etc. That way he could become less afraid of others. I think he might be snapping out of fear more than anything, have you tried taking him to puppy classes where he can learn to be with others? Scooby has many little friends in our block and when we go for a walk he loves nothing more than to spend some time with each of them if they are out, and he knows where they live too because if they are not there he will stand in front of their house and whine in disappointment, so funny

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Jaimie they are great pictures, I also love the butt sniffing train, too funny

Puddles Mom the only way you may cure Puddle's problem with other dogs perhaps is to continue socializing him on walks etc. That way he could become less afraid of others. I think he might be snapping out of fear more than anything, have you tried taking him to puppy classes where he can learn to be with others? Scooby has many little friends in our block and when we go for a walk he loves nothing more than to spend some time with each of them if they are out, and he knows where they live too because if they are not there he will stand in front of their house and whine in disappointment, so funny

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117180
I agree that he is probably snapping out of fear. He's saying, "STAY AWAY FROM ME!!"

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Miko doesn't snap at small dogs (ust the large ones and just once to show he is the boss). He just doesn't care all that much for all dogs. I don't know why -- I have really tried to socialize him by taking him to parks, lots of walks, etc. He behaves himself well but just won't play all that much with other dogs (or any animals for that matter). But he loves people !!!!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Nov 5 2005, 11:26 PM
yes it was fenced in..there was a small dog section (which was very sad...very small fenced in area) and a large dog section.  all the dogs were out in the large dog area.  it was neat meeting ppl..all wanting to know about ur pups

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117135
[/QUOTE]

Only one of Parker?
Where is this park? Somewhere in Baton Rouge, Im sure. It would be really fun our next trip up there.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The only interaction with other dogs is at PetSmart. We live in the country with few neighbors(farm land). Since we have a new Petsmart in our town, i'm thinking of the training classes. Puddles is 1 1/2 years old, think he's to old for the class now?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Brooks+Nov 6 2005, 12:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadyMontava
@Nov 5 2005, 11:26 PM
yes it was fenced in..there was a small dog section (which was very sad...very small fenced in area) and a large dog section.  all the dogs were out in the large dog area.  it was neat meeting ppl..all wanting to know about ur pups

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117135

Only one of Parker?
Where is this park? Somewhere in Baton Rouge, Im sure. It would be really fun our next trip up there.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=117223
[/B][/QUOTE]

seemed like everytime i went to take a pic a big dog tried to slobber on my camera LOL so i couldnt take too many pics...the dog park is at forest park, off of sherwood forest.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Those pictures are hilarious! Look how much Ike has grown!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have always wanted to go to a dog park! How is the one there like? I've looked online and we have 3 here in Houston. The biggest one is supposed to be really nice. It's dedicated to Goerge Bush's dog. It has this really big water fountain that shoots water down into areas on the ground where the dogs can drink out of! That sounds really neat. A month ago, my mom told me to not take them anywhere because the news said it was flu season for dogs or something. I think I might just take them next weekend! =]

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ours is new but it is nothing fancy...just a fenced in area with a dog water fountain that makes noise so the dogs r scared of it lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.