Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to walk everyday
Each day I take a different dog with me
Well today I took Miya with me (Schnauzer Maltese Mix)
I walked by a house with a dog and the dog broke his chain(40 pound dog) and came at us, he was not vicous (I was lucky)
Well I went to the owners door and let them know that their dog was wondering down the street.
I am just glad I did not have Sparkie with me, he has issues with big dogs and I may of had a dog fight on my hands

·
Registered
847 Posts
Wow, how scary! I'm glad everything turned out fine, though.

Ironic, today Leila and I went out to enjoy the nice weather, and as we were walking by one house a big GSD came running/barking toward us. It didn't look like he was leashed, although maybe there was an electric fence (I hate not knowing..). Anyway, I scooped her up, put her in my coat, and walked VERY quickly away from there. My heart was racing so fast. I've heard way too many stories on here of a Malt being killed instantly from one shake of the head of a random dog on the street. Hopefully my nervousness/fear didn't shake Leila up too much, but she seemed fine, no reaction to the dog whatsoever, and most importantly: she's SAFE. Didn't mean to go off on a tangent, but thought it was strange that this would happen on the same day! :)

·
Premium Member
13,444 Posts
yep, it can be scary. That happened to me a while ago with a beagle who ran out the front door of it's house when a kid didn't quite close the door. the dog was barking at us thru the glass when the kid went in, and out he came across the street and I tried to get away around a parked car ...I just scooped Jodi up just as he got to us. The father was at the door by then and I yelled at him to get their dog who was following and barking at us. The dog listened to the owner and went back to the house....all of that in only a few seconds.
I'm glad you were safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.