Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link so that you can see the breed winners at Westminster. Click on Maltese and you can see who won. Then click on "see video" and you can see who the competition was and they even have a video of the judging.

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2005/results/breed/

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My video stopped as they started to go around the ring...

Anyway... :eek: WOW!!! That would be so hard to judge! They all looked great to me!
Such sweet little faces and gorgeous coats!!! I felt sorry for that one they stayed on so long...the handler kept brushing and messing with the tail...and standing him/her back up straight...almost like the handler was fidgeting with the dog out of nervousness or something.
I just wanted to scream LEAVE HIM ALONE!...

Will have to check the tv listings. Emily likes to watch the dog shows with me..
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Personally, I don't think any of those dogs are as cute as my Spoiled Maltese friends!!! And they certainly wouldn't look as smart in their Juicy bags!!!

Thanks for posting...I'm going to be flipping between the dog show and BE on QVC (make up is a very serious addiction, even worse than handbags).

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saltymalty,
Thanks for THAT reminder! I wear BE and love it. Guess I'll TIVO the dog show so I won't miss anything while I'm flipping back and forth.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
OMG, have you heard about the new "baby grand collection"? There are three new eye colors paired with Sorbet blush and two brushes and a lipstick. They are in the pinky-mauve-brown family. I think it's going to be $75, but may become a one time only price. BE is the best makeup I've found, and believe me, I've tried it all! I loved the Goddess kit, and I can't wait for the rest of the auto deliveries. I know it is a sickness, but I keep telling myself it's cheaper than therapy.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 14 2005, 05:32 PM
OMG, have you heard about the new "baby grand collection"?  There are three new eye colors paired with Sorbet blush and two brushes and a lipstick.  They are in the pinky-mauve-brown family.  I think it's going to be $75, but may become a one time only price.  BE is the best makeup I've found, and believe me, I've tried it all!  I loved the Goddess kit, and I can't wait for the rest of the auto deliveries.  I know it is a sickness, but I keep telling myself it's cheaper than therapy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35395
[/QUOTE]

OK.... what is BE... I thought I knew about all of the latest cosmetics out there.... ???

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
BE is a line of makeup called Bare Escentuals. It is an all natural mineral based makeup. You apply it with brushes and it is in a powder form. But it isn't a powder, it's micronized minerals. There is no talc in these products. If you watch QVC at 8pm eastern tonight, they have a show on. It is sold in be boutiques throughout the country, and it's one of the fastest growing makeup lines outside of Estee Lauder (which has Clinique, Mac, Prescriptives, Bobbie Brown just to name a few). I have been using BE for about three years and I would never ever use another makeup foundation, blush or eye shadow. I would highly recommend you try it, although there is a learning curve for proper application. Once you get it, you won't ever want to use anything else.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Feb 14 2005, 04:41 PM
Here is a link so that you can see the breed winners at Westminster.  Click on Maltese and you can see who won.  Then click on "see video" and you can see who the competition was and they even have a video of the judging.

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2005/results/breed/
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35374
[/QUOTE]
What a wonderful video. Thank you so much for sharing that info. What gorgeous Maltese... just breathtaking. I've never seen a Maltese in full coat in person before.... this was pretty close to that experience... wow!

I noticed that Thriller and another shown by Tonia were "Absent". Wonder what happened?

This breed is magnificant. I can see why people get upset when the breed standard is ignored and mixed, etc. I was in awe at the beauty of these best of the best Maltese.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've been waiting for this all day. I didn't know they already had the show, I thought that tonight would be the 'show'. I'm watching it now and I can't imagine how they choose.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HAHA This topic went from the westminster show to makeup! LOL I use the something from BE, but I forgot. I mainly use MAC makeup (as if you didn't know...or am I assuming I'm that popular on SM?
)

I think I have the foundation and that mineral veil. I like the mineral veil because I don't like wearing powder but it is sooooooooo light.

Oh and getting back on track, thanks for the link! I need to check it out!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Well...I watched Westminster last night and was very disappointed that the little malt did not get anything. He looked so happy and absolutely glided around the ring! I am NOT a fan of the Pekinese in full coat! They seem to always win the toy group...well...either the Peks or the toy poodles.
I just don't think either of them are as regal and beautiful as the maltese or some of the others, really.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was also disappointed that the maltese didn't at least get pulled by the judge. I must admit that I did like the Pom....the Peke not so much (they always remind me of walking footstools) but since I am definitely not a fan of toy poodles, I was happy to see a dog other than Coleman win group last night. I do have to admit I really like Coco from the terrier group....I will be watching tonight to see how he does.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a fan of Peke's or toy poodles (in show coats) either. Neither of my favs, the malt or the bichon, got pulled in their groups. Oh well. I guess my current fav is the terrier. The little malt looked so happy and seemed to have some personality.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Thank you , MsMagnolia, for that link to Westminster....I missed the Maltese in the Toy judging and this site has EVERYTHING! There is a link to the AMA site and I was even able to view the video of the Maltese breed judging with all those beautiful dogs.

I am always so disappointed when they don't pull a Maltese for the final judging....that peke does nothing for me and never has but I guess I am not the afficianado that the judges are. When I think of the work and risk that goes into Maltese breeding and grooming and showing, they should win just for getting there!

That Pom did have a darling personality, though, didn't he? I have to admit I thought he should win.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I thought the malt was definitely above some of the other dogs. Last year, Luther (the Pom) stole the show, but didn't win. He is co-owned by Bill Cosby. I also agree with the Peke...personally I don't think they are attractive dogs. But as they say, it's not a beauty contest....still, he could have used a little makeup! I think that Coleman has a wonderful person promoting him...he's everywhere. I noticed that Thriller was absent from judging. Anyone know why? I think he's a spectacular Maltese.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I thought the pom was cute, and I LOVE Cocoa the terrier!!!
What a cutie!!!!
Anyway...I couldn't be a judge...too hard!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chelsey, Its being broadcast on the USA Network. If you don't get that channel then you're out of luck. You can still see the individual breed winners by following the directions in the first post. Maybe you'll be able to find it tonight. It comes on at 8PM EST/7PM CST.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Feb 15 2005, 05:06 PM
Chelsey, Its being broadcast on the USA Network.  If you don't get that channel then you're out of luck.  You can still see the individual breed winners by following the directions in the first post.  Maybe you'll be able to find it tonight.  It comes on at 8PM EST/7PM CST.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35655
[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will try and see if I can find it on the guide for tonight.
I love watching the shows

V

·
0 Posts
Thanks for posting the link.
I have been sitting here for quite a while just watching the videos of various breeds.
The Maltese are just spectacular to watch.
Every year I hope that a Maltese will not win best in show...it puts a demand of market and supply on whatever breed wins and historically that popularity leads to hapazard breeding so all those peolple who "want the dog that won Westminster" can have a puppy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts