Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In some ways it seems as if Keiko has been with us forever. We've had her for almost 3 months now. We're very grateful that she's healthy and she seems quite happy here.

She has really fit in well. She and Nikki are friends, but I wouldn't say they are best buddies. They get along well. Nikki is always bugging Keiko to play, and she's still jealous if I cuddle with Keiko in front of her. But I've caught them snuggling together every once in a while, and they share their toys quite well and have grown used to each other.

Keiko has such a sweet and happy personality. She is still a little shy with hubby when he plays with both dogs, but she loves to snuggle with both of us. She hasn't really done one "bad" thing since she arrived, except she can get a little noisy at unfamiliar sounds outside. I've been training her to not react (bark) to noises outside our apt (in the breezeway) and it's going very well. She's very food motivated, lol.

Because she broke her leg when she was young, she is a little afraid of heights, so when we pick her up, we are very careful to make her feel secure.

I am going to try and take some new photos of her and Nikki as soon as I get a chance. Keiko's hair has grown, and they have similar haircuts. Sometimes it's hard to tell the two dogs apart, except that Keiko is smaller.

So that's my 3 month report.

I'm really glad that we have her.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Suzan - how time flies. Isn't it hard to imagine not having Keiko in your family now? :wub::wub: It was definitely meant to be. Can't wait to see new pix of them both:)

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Suzan -- I'm so glad that everything is going to well with Keiko. As more time passes, she and Nikki will become closer, I'm sure. :)

Gosh but they look so much alike. They're both just gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Sounds so good Suzan.........she is fitting in quite nicely with the family!! You are really lucky because she is so beautiful.......now you have two beauties!! You may be surprised that if something happened to one of them, the other would react in ways you would not believe. CeeCee and Rain get along but not quite best buds but the day My husband took one to the vet, the other pitched quite a fit and moaned like her heart was broken. I cannot remember which one it was but it shocked me to no end!!! I am so glad she worked out and now you have a great little family~~~:chili:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Things are going well with your new addition it sounds like. Keiko is such a beauty, I can't wait to see new pics of both of them. London & Preston are also friends, but not best buddies. They play together, share, etc, but also like their own space. I think it's so neat you were able to adopt Keiko into your family. :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm so glad that things are going sp well with you all! It sounds like Keiko has settled in nicely too. :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Your story is inspiring to anyone who wants to add in a second fluff and is nervous about it. I saw your pictures and they both look fantastic!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I can't believe it's only been 3 months, it seems like you've had Keiko for forever. I'm so happy to hear that they are getting along and that everything is working out.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Your two girls getting along and adjusting to each other is fabulous news. They definietely look so much alike..........just beautiful ! :wub:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts