Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, our Maltese is now 8 months old and her name is Pixie. It is not a major concern but I think she sleeps a lot of the time during the day. She could sleep all night and then again during the day. When we take her out she would walk for a while and then lie down on the grass for a few moments before she gets up again. Has anyone been in this position before. thanks.
Kieran

Pixie could sleep for Ireland

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sprite is really lazy....but ellie never sleeps in our house. but...sprite still plays a lot. take your dog to the vet to make sure that there isnt anything going on. give us an update.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I know that some dogs are just really lazy so that could jsut be it but if it was me i visit the vet because when the dog is really sluggish it can me something is wrong......my roommate has a puppy (well its not a puppy anymore but whatever lol) and that dog was always sleeping and when it did moving around it was soooo slow he ended up having a tapeworm so if you think your dog might be unusually skinny but still getting like no excersise ttell your vet thats a concern you have cuz we took her do g to the vet like 3 times before they even thought to check for it btw just so you dont worry or anything all we had to do was give the dog 3 pills and he was all better by the end of the week

·
Registered
939 Posts
I agree with the previous postings. My Tiki is quite a sleeper. He will huff at me at 10pm to let me know it is bed time and will sleep through the night until 7am or so. During the day he sleeps off and on unless something is going on. Usually around dinner time he is ready to play as there is lots of activity in the house as the kids and husband return home... then it is off for another nap before bed time

I wouldn't worry to much, but do mention it on your next vet visit to be sure there aren't any underlying problems.

Judi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts