Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In addition to the exciting news of our friend MaryH finishing her Ch. Brookside Easter Bonnet. Another friend of mine also finished her girl yesterday. Fran Lovitt of www.IlovittMaltese.com finished her girl Shasta. My friend Deb Ray (www.GraceMaltese.com) got her first points on her puppy Divine's Design on a Dime. Deb Ray and Debbie Cleckley co-bred a half-brother to my girl Cacia- Jacob's Artful Dodger. He is owned by Nici Thompson. He took a Puppy Toy Group 1 yesterday.

As for my girls-well we showed yesterday at the Shenandoah Kennel Club in Harrisonburg Virginia. It was a lovely day for us. Cadie took winners and Cacia took the reserve. Cadie then went on to take a puppy group 3 placement.

Here is a picture of Cacia a few hours after she showed waiting for Cadie to hurry up and finish being the star in group. Notice how she has her nose stuck up in the air. That is a typical pose for her.

Cacia pouting that Cadie was getting to be the Star.

Both girls getting tired after the long wait for puppy group.

Grandma feeling as tired as the girls giving Cadie some snuggles.

Cadie on the table. Can you tell I am proud of her? Excuse the blurriness. Mom has trouble with the camera.

Cadie on the table again. I swear this dog shows herself. I have to do none of the work.

She loved the judge and he said he loved her, too. :wub:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Sounds like you had a perfect day!! Your babies ... :wub:

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Congrats to all of the Cloud Clan!! The pictures are adorable!!

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts

To all involved. :chili:

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
:chili::chili::chili:

Great day! So happy for you, your Mom and the girls and all your friends! Wow what a weekend!!!

Love those girls of yours - They are both beautiful!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
What a treasure trove your girls are! :wub::wub::wub:

They are just SO beautiful, and so full of personality! :wub:

I remember watching the Westminster some years back... maybe as many as 20 years back... and between showings, they interviewed one of the judges from the toy group. The interviewer pointed out that the dogs that actually reach the level to get to compete at Westminster are pretty much perfect, each for its own breed, so how does the judge decide at that level?

This judge said that while the skills of the handler had a lot to do with it, it was almost always the personality of the dog that won his heart. He said that there was something in the personality and ego of the dog that would "connect" with him in some way, something that said, "PLEASE please pick me!" He added that a dog that looks too bored with the ring, going through his paces by rote, no matter how perfect his form, almost never wins at Westminster, so it's possible for a dog to be over-rehearsed. Call it charisma... I'm sure Cadeau had it, and it looks like your girls have it, too. Just LOOK at the way Cadie is looking up at the judge! :wub:

Your girls definitely have Personality +++!! :wub:

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Wow Carina, Congrats to all !!!! Carina, your girls are just too much!!! GORGEOUS plus adorable. And you know what else, that beaming proud smile of yours.....priceless!!!! Mom looks wonderful as well.

Congrats!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts