Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this was our first weekend taking out Elaine's brand new RV. We got there Friday evening and went right to our parking "spot" in stead of off-loading stuff into the convention center. It was fun getting set up and organizing, we set up an xpen outside and felt like real show dog people :thumbsup:. Then we ate dinner (we brought plenty of food) and had a couple glasses of wine. At 10pm Elaine gave Maya a bath - that's when we realized the electrical outlets didn't work! OMG!!!!! so, Saturday morning - no coffee, complete disorganization already, panic! Maya was in the ring early and Elaine was losing everything and a complete mess :w00t:. After she left for the building I got up (I stayed out of her way - it's tight in there)...and got ready the best I could - I couldn't even do my hair (oh great, I never go out without curling my hair!!!) I couldn't bath Ava - not even a half bath - not even just her head - no dryer!!! :smilie_tischkante:. I had to take Ava and the grooming cart and supplies all at once and we were parked in the furthest spot imaginable :blink:.

The entire day was one catastrophe after another, Elaine even lost the her keys to the RV. We were so dis-combobulated we never even took time to eat that day :huh:.

The only bright spot of the day was getting to meet Debbie (Harry's mom) and her husband...and seeing Lawrence and Liz again (Chiara's dad). I just wish it would have been Sunday when we looked better and things were going right, LOL.

Anyway, in the afternoon, the electrical problem was worked out. From that moment on, things were GREAT :chili:. The dogs didn't do any better in the rings, but what the heck. We had a great time. :thumbsup:

Here's a picture I took of it while we were at the RV show a few weeks ago:

Here's me and Ava on Sunday when things were going better. Ohhhh, did you notice the cool top I got????? LOVE IT.

This is my grooming area in the camper - it worked out great!

And me and Elaine trying to pose with our new tops on, I put the camera on self timer but there was no place to stand, - we're so wierd :HistericalSmiley:

So I guess it was a success, sort of....it'll definitely be better next time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
LOL..........ok so it wasn't funny at the time but it sure gave me a laugh. Just how many things can do wrong in such a short time. But does sound like things came together and it all worked out:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
great photos pat! although the weekend was close to disaster, ava still looks perfect! i'm glad things worked out in the end :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
LOLOLOLOL ! You will always remember your RV debut after that one!
the pictures are great !And from now on.......no power.......no parkeeeee!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh Pat, I am so sorry about the trouble that the two of you were having but I am glad that it worked out in the end!! Yes, I too love the tee shirts and you and Ava look great!! Now, you can both have a ball going to dog shows!!!!:chili::chili::chili:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Oh the life of RVing! What a great dog weekend story you have to tell in years to come. Those are the best.
Love Ava in her tiny bow. :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I love the shirts - so cute! And I'm glad the electricity finally worked - it still sounds like a great weekend!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Pretty pup...pretty Mom...pretty tshirt!!! RV trips are so much fun with the doglets! You may want to get a generator...that way with no elect you can still use outlets (if they would let you turn it on in a place like that - they are pretty loud). Looking forward to more RV camping/dog show pics!!! :)

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You may want to get a generator...that way with no elect you can still use outlets (if they would let you turn it on in a place like that - they are pretty loud). :)
That's just it.....there IS a generator, the overhead lights worked and the heat - just not the outlets. The "fix" was something simple - but we didn't know about it at the time. There's an electrical hook up place outside the camper where you plug the electric in when you're at a camp ground. Well, in order to have the outlets work you need to take the plug that you would put into the other source and plug it into itself....duh...took two seconds...after we found out about it. :blink:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Oh Pat I'm so sorry that is was so stressful. Started out fun though and ended up fun so I guess that's the important thing. Oh and the memories you two are going to be giggling about for years to come are so worth it. You all looked faboo!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That's just it.....there IS a generator, the overhead lights worked and the heat - just not the outlets. The "fix" was something simple - but we didn't know about it at the time. There's an electrical hook up place outside the camper where you plug the electric in when you're at a camp ground. Well, in order to have the outlets work you need to take the plug that you would put into the other source and plug it into itself....duh...took two seconds...after we found out about it. :blink:
Oh no... the RV learning curve is a pretty quick one... if that's the worst that happened on your first adventure, it should be cake from here out!!! Plus RV people are about the nicest - if you ever need help with someone - have a question, need something you forgot - they always seem happy to help! :)

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Pat, that was all one big learning experience and next time will be better.
Loved the pictures and I'm glad you had a good time anyway.
I love you T-shirt, I have the same one in white :)

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Pat, I love seeing photos of and hearing about your adventures with Elaine, Maya and Ava. Also, I think you're so gorgeous, a true classic beauty. I love both of your and Elaine's tops. So CUTE!!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh how fun!

So was the RV too small? That's the size I want... Still working on the hubby, LOL

Well, it was ok for two people, but I wouldn't want any more than that. Elaine is already talking about the one she wants next. It's still a Class C but with a slider - that gives you so much more room to walk around in. And if you can swing it...get a diesel - I believe they get more mileage to the gallon...but they're so much more $ to buy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts