Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Sophie will be turning a year old next month and I would like to buy her a special dress to celebrate. Also, every year our Christmas card is a picture of my kids and all of the four legged kids and I would like to get Sophie something cute for that picture.

I see so many adorable dresses and outfits that you guys dress your fluffs in and I was wondering where you purchase them or where you would recommend.

I do have two teenagers at home (one that I am currently putting through college), so I can't spend an arm and a leg. I have seen some dresses in the $60-$100 range and that is a bit more than I would feel good about spending.

Someone had posted a picture of her girl in a little dress and she had gotten it on etsy and the seamstress was quite reasonable, however the lady just had surgery and won't be back for a while.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
It's very understandable about your budget. Your kids future is more important. I have several fluff and it does get expensive. I would recommend etsy. There are a lot of pretty holiday dresses. I actually just order Thankgiving outfits for all four of mine and so far the girls Christmas dresses. Though I didn't order from her the other person you mention is phatmolly and she is back to work. Hope this helps. Can't wait to see pictures. Also Tickled Pink also has very good prices. My girls have several dresses from their and I love them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip Mary! I will check out etsy some more. Yes, it was Phatmolly. For some reason, that name had escaped me!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. I am a newbie and Mary has been so kind and welcoming. I tell you, there are no better people in the world than dog people. I have met many wonderful, dear friends because of my furbabies!!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hi Becky, it was me that posted about Phatmolly and yes she is back from surgery. She had said she might be out up to 6 months, but she has her shop up and running already. I can HIGHLY recommend her!!!! She has made the absolute cutest clothes for my dogs and she will custom size everything. If there is a fabric you like and want to send it to her she will also make the dress for you. Here are some pictures of some dresses she has made for me!

I forgot to add most of Candy's dresses have been $10.00 to $12.00 with matching leashes about $2.00 a piece!!!!! (price depends on sizing- Cocotini's dresses are more as she is more like 8 pounds-I think $14.50) Incredible pricing!! I also have purchased from Jazzies Inspawrations- a really cute dress for Cocotini, but it took 6 weeks to arrive, whereas Joan at Phatmolly is very fast!! Usually within a week

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
One more pic of Cocotini in another dress Joan made and a picture of Cocotini's birthday dress from Jazzie's Inspawrations (although I think she said she is now out of this fabric in pink, but has it in cream)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Clothes for fur babies

I just purchased real cute dresses for the girls on EBAY. I look for free shipping a LOT and there is no way that I can afford a 50.00 dress as I ahve 2 females. Does anyone know where I can puchase Christmas dresses for my girls? I bought really cute sweater for the boys in WALLMART! for the girls, I like them to look real prissy so spend a bt more but NOT 50.00 I just can't!

I will post pictures of the girls sometime this weekend!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I totally get the kid in college, purse drain since we're in the same boat and my DH and I are freelance so never know if we'll have work or not. I would also look at some of the sales on some of the on-line sites. I've seen some incredible prices on some holiday dresses when I was looking around for Halloween ideas. Some of them may be last year's dresses but who would know that. Just look under Sale or Clearance on sights and you may be surprised but do it soon as I think they will go.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Hi Becky, it was me that posted about Phatmolly and yes she is back from surgery. She had said she might be out up to 6 months, but she has her shop up and running already. I can HIGHLY recommend her!!!! She has made the absolute cutest clothes for my dogs and she will custom size everything. If there is a fabric you like and want to send it to her she will also make the dress for you. Here are some pictures of some dresses she has made for me!

I forgot to add most of Candy's dresses have been $10.00 to $12.00 with matching leashes about $2.00 a piece!!!!! (price depends on sizing- Cocotini's dresses are more as she is more like 8 pounds-I think $14.50) Incredible pricing!! I also have purchased from Jazzies Inspawrations- a really cute dress for Cocotini, but it took 6 weeks to arrive, whereas Joan at Phatmolly is very fast!! Usually within a week
These dresses are beautiful! And prices are incredible. I really wish I had a girl (one day soon...)

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts

Those are adorable dresses at a great price! I haven't shopped much on etsy but I'm going to check it out. Thanks!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Since we are sharing cheap clothing options, I have to say that Target has their doggy Christmas clothes out now. :) I found them in the "bargain bins" up front and they had shirts, sweaters, and even a little green sequin dress with a red tulle skirt. Everything was just $2.50 and they have tiny sizes. I got Dora a sweater and a t-shirt that says "elf sized." :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
These dresses are beautiful! And prices are incredible. I really wish I had a girl (one day soon...)
She also does boy clothes. Right before Joan had her surgery she had custom made the cutest boy vest with interchangeable bow ties- there was a bow tie for each holiday!!!! It was adorable!!

She also makes really cute fleece hoodies for girls and boys.

·
Registered
598 Posts
What a coincidence, I was checking out etsy over the weekend. There were some button down shirts that I thought woudl look so cute on Aolani. Now that I know it's a safe place to shop in I think I will go back and get him a shirt :)
I've purchased a few things on Etsy recently. The main thing I do before I purchase is check the "feedback" listed on the seller's site to make sure they have only positive feedback.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
one more pic of cocotini in another dress joan made and a picture of cocotini's birthday dress from jazzie's inspawrations (although i think she said she is now out of this fabric in pink, but has it in cream)

is there a website for etsy or is this a private person i would like to look into ordering some dresses i love the dresses you currently have

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just purchased real cute dresses for the girls on EBAY. I look for free shipping a LOT and there is no way that I can afford a 50.00 dress as I ahve 2 females. Does anyone know where I can puchase Christmas dresses for my girls? I bought really cute sweater for the boys in WALLMART! for the girls, I like them to look real prissy so spend a bt more but NOT 50.00 I just can't!

I will post pictures of the girls sometime this weekend!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Joan at Phatmolly will make Christmas dresses for you. Candy just got 2 from her. One is in red/greens and the other is a pink flannel with little snowmen on it.
Marg made me the cutest bow to go with it!!. You can't see the dress really well, but it is the top one on the picture with the 3 dresses I posted earlier.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
is there a website for etsy or is this a private person i would like to look into ordering some dresses i love the dresses you currently have
It's a website. Just google Etsy and it will be there and then put what you are looking for in the search. I just bought a vest for Tyler:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts