Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be neat to start a thread about other things we are interested in besides maltese. I did this, because I know I am guilty of going off subject....I posted about makeup in the Westminster thread, for instance. So here it goes, my other obsessions (out side of my family, that is) are shoes, handbags, and makeup. I am sure that I have items in each of those categories that are older than most of you here...

So what are your best sources for your favorite things? As I mentioned in another thread, I love Bare Escentuals makeup and try to get a "fix" at least once a month. It helps living so close to NYC. And having a sister in law in CA who lives less than a mile from a boutique there.

For shoes, I love, love, love DSW. I could spend an afternoon there and be one with the shoes. So many styles, so little time. The only shoe extravaganza to beat DSW is the Neiman's winter sale. I bought a pair of Gucci clogs last year for $39. I'm still searching for the perfect handbag to go with....

And that leads me to my final obsession. I have a long standing relationship with the handbag manager at my local Nordies. She is great...before every half yearly sale, she pulls the Isabella Fiore bags that she knows I've been eyeing. I got one last year for $79. It is an Arabesque tote and I love it. I have my eye on a Marc Jacobs...but I just cannot bring myself to spend $975 on a bag....unless of course it's a Louis Vuitton. I used to live very close to the Watergate in DC and years ago there was a Gucci boutique there. They used to have really great sales. Like 75% off. I got a gorgeous drawstring bag for $125. I've had the bag re-lined, and when I recently was in Gucci at the Short Hills mall, it caused quite a stir because everyone was commenting that they were looking for one just like it.

My obsessions are simple. So what are yours? Oh yeah, I forgot about jewellery........

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Besides Peanut, I love cars. It's a funny thing because I grew up with two sisters. No boys around here, and being daddy's girl I became his little tom boy. I had the most extensive hotwheels and matchbox car collection and 2 power wheels (the battery run cars that kids sit in and drive). Everytime I buy something nice for Peanut I have to even it out and buy a car wash for my car. Pathetic, I know. I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They have awful reviews, but I've never had a problem.

My other obsession is bags and wallets. Prada, Louis Vuitton, and Coach are my favorites. My bf bought me the LV Sac Chien for christmas. I love it!!!! Peanut also has a growing collection of dog carriers too. Anyways, a maltese, 2 Jeeps, and designer bags are what make me tick. Don't get me wrong, I'm not just a spoiled brat. When you work for your family, they squeeze you for what you're worth!! I've never worked such long hours before in my life.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My obsessions (besides Brinkley and my cats)....
1)Church
2)My kids

3) My niece and nephew

Of course my husband falls somewhere in there too...
</span>

<span style="color:purple">Here is the whole family...if it shows up good..?!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are all adorable!!! I didn't count my kids as an obsession, but they are my first and most expensive!!!

My love of handbags and makeup is being passed down to my oldest daughter, while my love of shoes is shared with my youngest daughter. Fortunately, my son hasn't shown any inclination toward my obsessions. My husband is grateful for that.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 15 2005, 02:37 PM
They are all adorable!!!  I didn't count my kids as an obsession, but they are my first and most expensive!!! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35627
[/QUOTE]

I really am low maintenance...I don't really have any other things that make me "tick". I am quite particular about my hair cut/color...must be cute...but other than that...I am pretty boring...

·
Registered
894 Posts
I cannot leave a Scrapbooking store alone!! I must have all the newest gadgets, stickers etc. SHE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST STICKERS WINS!! Got to have everything Jolee.......
Forgot to add, I have already started Sisse's own scrapbook, from birth!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Feb 15 2005, 02:58 PM
I cannot leave a Scrapbooking store alone!!  I must have all the newest gadgets, stickers etc.  SHE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST STICKERS WINS!!  Got to have everything Jolee.......
Forgot to add, I have already started Sisse's own scrapbook, from birth!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35635
[/QUOTE]

I thought she who died with the most cross stitch patterns won?????? :D

That's my other obsession - and easily combined because they have patterns for Maltese!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
TLUNN,great pics.very nice looking family!
Im like you very boring LOL
Im pretty unexciteing,family,animals,plants,river,God & not necc. in that order!
ooops,forgot books

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i just bought some orchids online..i think they will be my new obsession. i think they are so beautiful. but most of my obsessions revolove around parker...like clothes..im crazy about doggy outfits! i am also a little obsessed w/ my photography..but i think i own everything i need..now im ready to make some money off of these pet photos! the lasted pet photos i took were for a classmate who has a dobe that has 2 types of cancer and heart failure. here she is, her name is shadow:

i also took pics of her other pets, but shadow was the main focus!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
*I'm really getting into cross stitch too now!
*I used to collect beanie babies... but thats gettin out of control... they are releasing toooo many each month.. soo i'm not wasting my money anymore. -_-
*I cant stop shopping for clothes, shoes, and handbags! I have a shopping issue... and its bad cause now i'm doing it for kodie too! I buy him sooo much stuff its sick... jackets, shirts, new harnesses, sweaters... haha.. i'm tryin to resist though cause my new years resolution is to stop wasting money!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am addicted to trashy romance novels. I can't keep away from them. I am also big into seahorses, I have 3 display tanks right now with about 14 seahorses between all 3. Here is a pic from a year ago when I started up my first tank, sorry about the size for anyone on dial-up.

]seahorses[/URL]

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm obsessed with SOOOOO many things! :lol: I really love music.. it's one of my passions.. I'm always attached to my iPod. I love to do things online.. if I'm not shopping I'm blogging or just random surfing. I love to shop online, I'm addicted to Zappos.. they have free shipping!! How can you beat that?! The UPS guys know me now since I get at least 1 package a week delivered. And I lurve video games.. I got the new Nintendo DS for my birthday and I love it! I'm also addicted to dying my hair.. I get bored very easily and it's a fast easy way to express myself.. right now I have purple ends. Of course, my DH & Tuffy are my #1 & 2 obsessions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My obsessions or hobbies are also cross stitch and tapestry,and clothes for my dogs, we are so limited here in New Zealand for dog accessories and clothing, that I have taken to buying baby clothes and adapting them, plus I have just bought a pattern book from Japan for making dog clothes.I call it an obsession because the book is all in Japanese and I will not understand a word of it, so it will be all guesswork. Of course my other great delights are my children and I guess I should mention hubby. Also my dear 82 (almost) year old Mum who is housebound with emphysema who I look after .

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Pippinsmom...the seahorses are cool!
I have never known anyone "into" seahorses! They look beautiful in the tank!!! Neat and different obsession!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
OMG! Some of the things that you've posted are things that I've been obsessed with in the past - Trashy romances, beanie babies, and counted cross stitch. Makeup is kind of ongoing but I can't say I'm obsessed with it. I also have my christmas collections - Santas and Spode Christmas tree china.

I guess right now I'd have to say handbags and shoes and jewelry. My daughters are to blame for this, especially my younger daughter, Megan, who in nearly 20. The two of them own so many expensive purses that I finally caved in and got a Louis Vuitton last summer in Dublin. Then I got a Prada and a Gucci. Megan got a Chanel purse for Christmas and I sort of covet it. I love jewelry and I've started buying nicer shoes - Cole Haan and Stuart Weitzman. Can't wear the high heels, though. I think I could also say that I am obsessed with travel. I really love every phase of planning a trip. Two years ago I took 3 cruises within 4 months. I also gained about 15 pounds, but that's another whole story!

Great thread, Saltymalty!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Oh, I also have to say that Tlunn's photos are great. I especially loved the one of your niece with the spikey hair - really cute pix.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Feb 15 2005, 04:16 PM
Oh, I also have to say that Tlunn's photos are great.  I especially loved the one of your niece with the spikey hair - really cute pix.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35657
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Shoes!!!!!!!! Haha! I love shoes! I also love skirts! Scrapbooking! Oh man, ahaha this one is a little out there...but I am obsessed with organizing! I love little containers and compartments!
I have so many it is cluttered so I get to reorganize! It really is a vicious cycle. I bet you can guess that my favorite things to organize are my shoes, skirts, and scrapbooking supplies!!!!!!!!

TLunn, those are GREAT pictures!!!!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts