Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunter, Hubby, and I are off to my parents house on Cape Cod for a LONG weekend of relaxing, seeing family and fun. We are going to visit my cousin who is finally home on leave from the Marines for the first time in 3 years, then we are going to a friends house for some BBQ, I heard we might get in some watersports fun on our pond (if its not too crowded), and of course there will be some sidewalk shopping, fireworks and a round of golf before heading home. It will be a pretty traditional 4th of July. All my siblings are "supposed" to be home so it will be a lot of fun and I can't wait:thumbsup:!

So - what are you up to this 4th of July???

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Woohoo, Erin....sounds like a wonderful weekend!!! :chili::aktion033:

it's summer, my busy season. I'll be working on Saturday and Monday...with one day off (and company at the house).....guess I'll crash on the back deck. ....after food shopping and cooking for my family and guests. I'm not complaining, my job is only crazy like this for a couple of months. September is my favorite month!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I plain on just RELAXING. My 2 married children are going to different states this year for the 4th and they are taking my grandchildren with them.. lol My husbands family will be in and doing somethings but i think i will just stay home and watch tv and just do what sheila wants to do for a change. lol I am loving it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
we are at the cape already...on July 4th we are going out on a sailboat in hyannis :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
We're having our son's graduation party on the 4th. All our family and friends usually to come to our house for our tradition 4th of july bbq so it was the easiest way to make sure everyone could come. There will probably be around 35 people, not to mention my son's friends. Should be lots of fun.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Going to our beach house in East Hampton...

Hanging out at the beach, shopping, gardening, tennis or golf, meeting up with friends...It's going to be amazing!!!!

Best thing is we are starting it off early by taking Thursday and Friday off, and to kick it all off, we're being taken to the Yankees game on Wednesday night. Box seats, baby!!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I am the Webelos leader for our cub scout pack 393, so we are marching as a group in the July 4th parade here locally. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm going to Door County, WI for a long weekend with my parents, sisters, and Tiffany. I'm excited about taking Tiffany to the beach. She's never been to the beach before and I wonder what she'll think of it.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Erin, your holiday weekend sounds like it will be so much fun! I'm jealous! :w00t:

My husband and I usually stay in for the 4th of July for two reasons: 1) My husband hates large crowds and complains (lol), and 2) London is afraid of the fireworks sounds :)().

We are just planning on going to see a movie this weekend, and then spend the rest of the time home with the fluffs...but my mom just gave me a call a few minutes ago and asked if they could come and visit this weekend! I love when my parents make the trip to spend time with my husband and I -- so it will be a great 4th of July afterall! Hopefully we will be able to do some 4th of July activities during the day, and then stay home in the evening to comfort London. Fireworks around here don't start until 9-10pm anyway because it's too light out before then.

Happy 4th of July, everyone! :chili:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
erin enjoy !!! i believe me n the boyfriend are taking the kids to some lake tuckahowe in jersey.. i believe thats what we r doing somewhere with water n where we can bbq as well. :)

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Well, my grandaughters birthday is on July 4th. Since her baby brother was recently born, we are having her party here in our backyard on the 3rd. Our town always has a big fireworks show and festivities on the 3rd. We can see them right from our backyard. Katie still thinks the fireworks are for her birthday! Ahh to be 6!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
The boys are getting neutered on July 1. We plan to stay at home and BBQ with some friends. Quiet time.... I love it.
Well we know Boomer and Helo aren't really looking forward to their holiday weekend. :w00t::w00t: But at least you'll have the weekend to spoil them after their neuters.

Erin - your holiday sounds so idyllic. Love the Cape and need to go back one of these days.:Sunny Smile::Sunny Smile: Take lots of pictures.:wub:

Myself, DH, DS, and Tyler are going up to our house in VT and my DH's three sisters are coming up. Two are widows and one is married and they're so much fun. We're looking forward to it so much. Hope to get in some strawberry picking, shopping, canoeing or kayaking, relaxing and bar-b-cueing on the deck. And of course fireworks over Stratton Mountain. Weather's supposed to be primo this weekend up there.

On the 4th we go to a really hokey old fashioned 4th parade where you see every vehicle from lawnmower and tractor to rescue vehicles and Model T's in the parade. Kids are on all these "floats" (flat bed trucks and wagons mainly) and they throw candy. My favorite is Taylor Farms, a local Gouda cheese maker who throws out wedges of Gouda. We stand on the side of the road screaming, "Throw Cheese":woohoo2::woohoo2: It's so much fun. :chili:

·
Registered
552 Posts
We're going to just be "hanging around" at home for most of the weekend, but I'm sure we'll go somewhere to watch fireworks Sunday evening. Monday the 5th we'll go to my grandparents' lake house. We're going to take Dora and see how she likes the lake! She hasn't been there in warm weather yet. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
We're heading to southern Illinois to Shawnee National Forest. There's a small place with cabins that sound pretty nice (a/c, satellite television, microwave and refrigerator) so my friend and her dh along with their dogs and my two girls are going on a road trip. This place is a bit remote though - no cell phone reception or Internet connections - so wish me luck!!!

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Erin, your holiday weekend sounds like it will be so much fun! I'm jealous! :w00t:

My husband and I usually stay in for the 4th of July for two reasons: 1) My husband hates large crowds and complains (lol), and 2) London is afraid of the fireworks sounds :)().

We are just planning on going to see a movie this weekend, and then spend the rest of the time home with the fluffs...but my mom just gave me a call a few minutes ago and asked if they could come and visit this weekend! I love when my parents make the trip to spend time with my husband and I -- so it will be a great 4th of July afterall! Hopefully we will be able to do some 4th of July activities during the day, and then stay home in the evening to comfort London. Fireworks around here don't start until 9-10pm anyway because it's too light out before then.

Happy 4th of July, everyone! :chili:
Lisa - so glad that plans changed for your family!!! Thankfully Hunter isn't scared of fireworks (seeing the town we spend a lot of time in during the winter has them every weekend for the ski tourists)! Poor London - we'll be thinking of her when the big bangs start!

Well, my grandaughters birthday is on July 4th. Since her baby brother was recently born, we are having her party here in our backyard on the 3rd. Our town always has a big fireworks show and festivities on the 3rd. We can see them right from our backyard. Katie still thinks the fireworks are for her birthday! Ahh to be 6!
ohh.....to be 6 is right! You should just keep letting her think they are for her :). Your weekend sounds like a lot of 'family fun' which is what holidays are for!

Erin - your holiday sounds so idyllic. Love the Cape and need to go back one of these days.:Sunny Smile::Sunny Smile: Take lots of pictures.:wub:

Myself, DH, DS, and Tyler are going up to our house in VT and my DH's three sisters are coming up. Two are widows and one is married and they're so much fun. We're looking forward to it so much. Hope to get in some strawberry picking, shopping, canoeing or kayaking, relaxing and bar-b-cueing on the deck. And of course fireworks over Stratton Mountain. Weather's supposed to be primo this weekend up there.

On the 4th we go to a really hokey old fashioned 4th parade where you see every vehicle from lawnmower and tractor to rescue vehicles and Model T's in the parade. Kids are on all these "floats" (flat bed trucks and wagons mainly) and they throw candy. My favorite is Taylor Farms, a local Gouda cheese maker who throws out wedges of Gouda. We stand on the side of the road screaming, "Throw Cheese":woohoo2::woohoo2: It's so much fun. :chili:
Sue - your weekend sounds like so muh fun! I was just going through my Yankee Magazines from the winter and realized that VT is the one place in New England I really haven't spent that much time. I have to make plans to get there one of these days - your parade sounds just like hte ones I grew up participating in - back when the Cape was a little less 'popular' if that ever existed!

We're heading to southern Illinois to Shawnee National Forest. There's a small place with cabins that sound pretty nice (a/c, satellite television, microwave and refrigerator) so my friend and her dh along with their dogs and my two girls are going on a road trip. This place is a bit remote though - no cell phone reception or Internet connections - so wish me luck!!!
That's my husband's favorite type of vaction Maggie - have a GREAT time!!!

We're going to just be "hanging around" at home for most of the weekend, but I'm sure we'll go somewhere to watch fireworks Sunday evening. Monday the 5th we'll go to my grandparents' lake house. We're going to take Dora and see how she likes the lake! She hasn't been there in warm weather yet. :)
oh make sure you take lots of pictures - I can't wait to find out how Dora liked the warmer water!

The boys are getting neutered on July 1. We plan to stay at home and BBQ with some friends. Quiet time.... I love it.
Happy Independance Day Boys! :w00t: YIKES!

Can you believe I still don't have my plans lined up?! :w00t: I need to get with it!!
ha ha ha - no rush - its still JUNE!

erin enjoy !!! i believe me n the boyfriend are taking the kids to some lake tuckahowe in jersey.. i believe thats what we r doing somewhere with water n where we can bbq as well. :)
It's supposed to be a great weekend for water activities - I hope the kids and you enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts