Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mugsy will be getting neutered next week. I am wondering what the recovery process will be like? Will he be in a lot of pain? Is it a large incision, etc? Also, if I am not mistaken, when I made the appt., they said that the pain killer is an option. Wouldn't that be a definite need?

Please everyone with experience here tell me everything you think I need to know!

Thank you!
The Nanny

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info!

Do you buy the rimidyl from the vet? I guess so...where else?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Feb 9 2005, 10:45 AM
Rimadyl is for arthritis, not exactly a pain killer for after surgery.
You will be amazed how quickly your little guy will recuperate. Yes the pain killer is an option, I took it but did not need it. Even tho Alex had more extensive surgery because they had to find his other testicle that was not descended. The vet will give a pain killer if you choose to get it. Make sure you do the blood work before surgery. You bring them in early in the morning and get them back in the afternoon after they are a wake from the anesthesia. Your vet will give you all the after care instructions. You can have him drink water later in the evening but be careful, only a little bit to start. In my point of view it's not a good idea to feed them because as littlepeanut mom experienced there is a good chance they will throw up. It's better if they can wait to the next morning. Alex never even WANTS to eat after anesthesia (for dental cleaning or his latest surgery for his knee).
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34391
[/QUOTE]

What blood work are you talking about before surgery? The vet didn't mention blood work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.