Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
A "part" is any amount you want it to be.... 10 teaspoons of water to one teaspoon shampoo. Or 10 gallons of water to one gallon shampoo... just 10 times the amount of water as shampoo. Just use the same measurement for both the water and the shampoo.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
you can buy bottles from petedge.com and it has a bunch of lines on it (cuz at petsmart all the shampoos/conditioners have different dilutions). so it has lines for 20, 10, 15, 8.....and all those lines means the different parts water parts shampoo, you know. so at the 15 line...i put that much water and the rest shampoo.

Costs $1.99

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. I understood the "part" distribution, just not how much I was supposed to use per wash.
But I see it doesn't make sense to just dilute it individually, I should get a container like the one DC posted (thanks) so it's always readily available when I need it, making bathtime faster.

Tx all.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
so did you buy a gallon worth of your shampoo? i'm thinking about doing that. it seems like it would be cheaper, you know? OH, and also---its policy that we throw out the left over shampoo. it has something to do with bacteria.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Aug 28 2005, 07:49 PM
you can buy bottles from petedge.com and it has a bunch of lines on it (cuz at petsmart all the shampoos/conditioners have different dilutions).  so it has lines for 20, 10, 15, 8.....and all those lines means the different parts water parts shampoo, you know.  so at the 15 line...i put that much water and the rest shampoo. 

Costs $1.99
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94842
[/QUOTE]

Sally's Beauty also has those applicator bottles which have the markings to dilute the shampoos. I also find them to be easier to use when bathing Lady that the big bottle.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Aug 28 2005, 09:42 PM
so did you buy a gallon worth of your shampoo?  i'm thinking about doing that.  it seems like it would be cheaper, you know?  OH, and also---its policy that we throw out the left over shampoo.  it has something to do with bacteria. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94853
[/QUOTE]

No gallon for me, well at least not yet. Once I find the shampoo/conditioner that works best for Dash, then I may upgrade to the larger size

1 - 8 of 8 Posts