Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Science Diet

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. My boyfriend and the guy from the petstore is telling me that Nutro Max is the absolutely best but I'd rather hear it from you guys first. Don't tell my boyfriend that because I'll deny it
:lol:

Tx

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
I feed my dogs Nutro...but not Max. I feed the Nurto Natural Choice Lamb/Rice Small Bites.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
As a puppy I feed a natural lamb and rice formula...now I home cook for Teddy.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I was feeding the girls Innova (Adult for Lexi and Puppy for Nikki). It is one of the better foods. I'm now trying to do home cooked meals.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I feed Buster Bravo raw diet. I also feed my golden retriever Bravo. They both love it. Its the only food Buster truely loves.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I feed Dolce Merrick Puppy Plate in the morning and I put out Royal Canin small breed puppy kibble for her to nibble on all day. They have the smallest kibble I've found and are easy for her to eat.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I feed tucker Eukanuba. That was what his breeder was feeding him. He eats it, but he seem to prefer Science Diet.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Whatever you feed Dash, I think it should be a premium food and certainly nothing like Eukanuba or Science Diet. Here's some info:

Science Diet Puppy Food
Ground Whole Grain Corn (source of natural digestible carbohydrate & lutein), Chicken By-Product Meal (source of natural protein), Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E, and citric acid), Dried Beet Pulp (source of natural dietary fiber), Chicken Liver Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Brewers Rice, Fish Oil (source of natural DHA), Flaxseed (source of natural omega-3 fatty acids & alpha-linolenic acid), Soybean Oil (source of natural omega-6 fatty acids & linoleic acid), Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamins (L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of stabilized vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Potassium Chloride, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a source of vitamin E, and Citric Acid, Beta-Carotene (an antioxidant), Rosemary Extract.

The ingredients that come before the first oil ingredient are the ones that are the most abundant in the food. Here is my take on it:

1st Ingredient Corn: Often an allergin; A high quality protein source should be the first ingredient
2nd Ingredient: Chicken By-Product Meal--- I woudn't feed my dogs anything with by-product in it
3rd Ingredient Soybean Meal: Often an allergin
Where is the whole chicken and non-by-product chicken meal?

In contast to SD, here is Artemis and Innova... just two of the premium food possibilities. Notice how they have no corn or soy and have a high quality protein as the first ingredient.

Artemis Puppy Food:
Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with Vitamin E, C and Rosemary Extract), Oatmeal, Dried Eggs, Fish Meal, Natural Flavoring, Canola Oil, Flaxseed, Fresh Potatoes, Fresh Carrots, Fresh Peas, Whole Fresh Apples, Cranberries, Dried Chicory Root (Prebiotics), Salt, Potassium Chloride, Lecithin, Garlic, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Dehydrated Kelp, Chelates of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sage Extract, Aspergillus Oryzae Fermantation Soulubles (Digestive Enzyme), Enterococcus Faecium and Lactobacillus Acidophilus(Probiotics)

Innova Puppy Food
Turkey, chicken, chicken meal, barley, brown rice, cottage cheese, tomatoes, hemp oil, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), flaxseed, potatoes, herring, apples, carrots, alfalfa sprouts, eggs, garlic, dicalcium, phosphate, eggs, garlic, dl-alpha tocopherol, sodium ascorbate, chicory root extract, freeze dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product, freeze dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, freeze dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product, freeze dried lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, potassium chloride, choline chloride, calcium carbonate, zinc proteninate, iron protenate, carotene, niacin d-calcium pantothenate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, pryidoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, folic acid, calcium iodate, biotin

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
When Lacey was a puppy she ate the Royal Canin puppy...very small pieces for her. Now she eats the Natural Balance Venison and also the Fish and Sweet Potato formula. The first couple of days she ate the Fish and Sweet Potato she could clear a room with the smell coming out of her...I kept telling her "Princesses aren't suppose to fart!:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by Carrie@Aug 18 2005, 09:57 AM
I feed my dogs Nutro...but not Max.  I feed the Nurto Natural Choice Lamb/Rice Small Bites.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=91741
[/QUOTE]

This is what we feed Rex too! I also give him the Nutro biscuits and lamb and rice sticks. We try to stick to everything Nutro, if I give him anything crazy it will bother his stomach.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
My three eat Natural Balance kibble and Red Barn rolled food. They love it!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i use Paul newmans organic, but ran out so im feeding the wellness i have left over..also some boiled chicken + gerber babyfood + rice + bone meal sometimes..

i used Solid gold, natural balance, eukanuba (from breeder) before when she was a puppy

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Aug 18 2005, 07:26 PM
Whatever you feed Dash, I think it should be a premium food and certainly nothing like Eukanuba or Science Diet. Here's some info:

Science Diet Puppy Food
Ground Whole Grain Corn (source of natural digestible carbohydrate & lutein), Chicken By-Product Meal (source of natural protein), Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E, and citric acid), Dried Beet Pulp (source of natural dietary fiber), Chicken Liver Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Brewers Rice, Fish Oil (source of natural DHA), Flaxseed (source of natural omega-3 fatty acids & alpha-linolenic acid), Soybean Oil (source of natural omega-6 fatty acids & linoleic acid), Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamins (L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of stabilized vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Potassium Chloride, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a source of vitamin E, and Citric Acid, Beta-Carotene (an antioxidant), Rosemary Extract.

The ingredients that come before the first oil ingredient are the ones that are the most abundant in the food. Here is my take on it:

1st Ingredient Corn: Often an allergin; A high quality protein source should be the first ingredient
2nd Ingredient: Chicken By-Product Meal--- I woudn't feed my dogs anything with by-product in it
3rd Ingredient Soybean Meal: Often an allergin
Where is the whole chicken and  non-by-product chicken meal? 

In contast to SD, here is Artemis and Innova... just two of the premium food possibilities.  Notice how they have no corn or soy and have a high quality protein as the first ingredient.

Artemis Puppy Food:
Chicken, Turkey, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with Vitamin E, C and Rosemary Extract), Oatmeal, Dried Eggs, Fish Meal, Natural Flavoring, Canola Oil, Flaxseed, Fresh Potatoes, Fresh Carrots, Fresh Peas, Whole Fresh Apples, Cranberries, Dried Chicory Root (Prebiotics), Salt, Potassium Chloride, Lecithin, Garlic, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Dehydrated Kelp, Chelates of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sage Extract, Aspergillus Oryzae Fermantation Soulubles (Digestive Enzyme), Enterococcus Faecium and Lactobacillus Acidophilus(Probiotics)

Innova Puppy Food
Turkey, chicken, chicken meal, barley, brown rice, cottage cheese, tomatoes, hemp oil, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), flaxseed, potatoes, herring, apples, carrots, alfalfa sprouts, eggs, garlic, dicalcium, phosphate, eggs, garlic, dl-alpha tocopherol, sodium ascorbate, chicory root extract, freeze dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product, freeze dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, freeze dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product, freeze dried lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, potassium chloride, choline chloride, calcium carbonate, zinc proteninate, iron protenate, carotene, niacin d-calcium pantothenate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, pryidoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, folic acid, calcium iodate, biotin
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=92034
[/QUOTE]

Oh I see... Gotcha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts