Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You bet right, im talkin about poop clingers. LOL...
Just about every time Ponyo goes #2 she eaither has stains or clingers on her behind. What do you do about this? Shave around her bum? Im really tired of washing every time after she pottys!!!!! :smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
LOL... I had a feeling you were talking about cling ons...dingleberries...any of the other delicate names LOLOL!!!!

I usually wash (or use a wet one if it's just a bitty skid mark) but if they are regular, give a little scissor trim to the hairs nearest to the bullseye :p

Arentcha glad you don't have a Great Dane LOL :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
We keep Dora's hair really short back there because of that :) Once we didn't clean it up right away and it got all tangled in her hair and it really bothered her. :( ...and we ended up cleaning her butt in the sink in the middle of my bday party with my whole family there....Hi Mom! Watch me clean the dog's butt!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Last time it happened to Pip, I was talking with my girlfriend on the phone and thought I could multitask...silly me...had to hang up cuz I almost threw up :D *that particular cling on could have taken over Manhattan And it was mushy *barf**

Isn't it kinda sad and yet funny at the same time that we can talk about these things like they're perfectly normal? HAHAHA!!!

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
I remember when picking Dixie up to take her home her breeder must have told me at least 3 times that Maltese have to have their bums checked daily for clingers. I check every time she goes. She has it shaved or cut short around her "bulls eye" area so doesn't get them any where near every time. It's often enough so I wouldn't stop checking though. I take hold of the hair above the offending object and shake it until it drops off. That way you don't get a poop streak on the hair. It works great.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Isn't it kinda sad and yet funny at the same time that we can talk about these things like they're perfectly normal? HAHAHA!!!

LMFAO ~ Yes, it's definately a part of my "every day" life.

I have, what I call, "poop scissors". I spot a dingle berry, grab the scissors, and clip the bottom of the hair, which is holding it hostage,
allowing me to free the little "stinker".

·
Registered
744 Posts
good lawd...I'm not sure I want to grow Vi's hair out now...I never thought of this aspect. I don't have that problem now (it's about 2.5-3 inches long currently...her hair I mean lmao) But seriously...I'm not sure I could handle that part...

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
Hitch hikers.we call them. They sneak a ride on their bums and get into the house.... I use Cowboy Magic,it's a grooming spray for horses,it's got silicone in it for shine. Just use a bit to keep the hair slick. I trim away as much as I can w/o giving them Baboon bum. Usually they're pretty good but we do get the ocasional sticky one or slimer that hands on...
Euuggh,now there's a visual to sleep on....

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Haha Luna get's these and she always lets me know - she refuses to get up from her 'position' until she has been checked by me. She often gets me to check even if there isn't anything there - she just HATES the idea of it stuck to her :p

She's very particular about it!

I cut the hair short around that area and try to keep her tail hair out of the way as well!

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
I do the same thing as Elaine ...shake it off so it doesn't streak..If that doesn't work i pull as much as i can off then his behind goes in the sink and it POOPS AWAY......:chili:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
You guys are cracking me up!! :D With Triniti's and Terra's show coat, I try to wrap the hair around their "private parts" so they don't pee and poo on it. But when there is a clingon, I take them for a "butt bath" as well. lol!!

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
LMFAO ~ Yes, it's definately a part of my "every day" life.

I have, what I call, "poop scissors". I spot a dingle berry, grab the scissors, and clip the bottom of the hair, which is holding it hostage,
allowing me to free the little "stinker".

This does work best. Our ENTIRE family knows when someone
  • drops a bomb or,
    Gifts a Lincoln log or
    Squeezes a tootsie roll OR
    Squirts out 'can't exactly say it hear' but my kids call it mango express

Once a gift is dropped one member of my peeps picks it up and flushes it reporting quality, Size and color (kids always add aroma)
Next closest person does a bottom check for dingleberries
IF the dingleberry is present the MOMMY is called in to either shake it off or bring out the tiny poop scissors to do as Deb mentioned.

I am trying to grow out the baboon cut a little and just keep the target bulls eye really naked of any hair, along with the bottom of the tail area just above...

I joke with my friends that my pups bottoms are most definitely cleaner then my kids!!, :chili::LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Ahhh, yes, danglers. Haiku and I were walking by a restaurant patio when she decided to take a little "break" and when she finished she had a rather substantial dangler. I tried to remove it as subtly as I could so that diners didn't notice...

As others have said, clipped hair reduces the frequency significantly.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
LOL!! Glad you have a family protocol!!

This does work best. Our ENTIRE family knows when someone
  • drops a bomb or,
    Gifts a Lincoln log or
    Squeezes a tootsie roll OR
    Squirts out 'can't exactly say it hear' but my kids call it mango express

Once a gift is dropped one member of my peeps picks it up and flushes it reporting quality, Size and color (kids always add aroma)
Next closest person does a bottom check for dingleberries
IF the dingleberry is present the MOMMY is called in to either shake it off or bring out the tiny poop scissors to do as Deb mentioned.

I am trying to grow out the baboon cut a little and just keep the target bulls eye really naked of any hair, along with the bottom of the tail area just above...

I joke with my friends that my pups bottoms are most definitely cleaner then my kids!!, :chili::LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I do what Elaine does with Dixie seperate the hair and shake it off or sometimes i will shake some baby powder with cornstarch on the area and comb it out. If i can't do that than it's butt bath time.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
We occasionally get those here...they always result in a butt bath where I hold their back end over the sink and shampoo it, then towel dry...and disinfect the sink, of course.

I keep their sanitary area clipped with a 3 3/4 FC blade which leaves the hair about 1/2" I think (it's the same length I cut their body). It doesn't happen too frequently since I keep the area short, but when it does happen it's always when their poo is softer and you can't just "grab" it. lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts