Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
We just started the transition from Nutro Nature's Choice puppy to Nutro Nature's Choice small bites! Small bites looks like rabbit poop, which Rex is very fond of. Ugh! In the little over a month that we have had Rex I have noticed the red is growing out of his nose. Okay that didnt make sense! Rex had a reddish tinge/tear staining from his eyes to his beard, now the hair growing out is white, about 1/4" now. So I guess we just have to wait until it all grows out for him to have a white face, but I believe it is because of the dog food change that he is no longer staining (he was on some cheap stuff when we got him). We are also going with the Nutro bones and treats. He seems to be doing great on it!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I used Royal Canin Small Breed Puppy food for K & C when they were puppies and now use Newman's Own Organics Adult formula.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Where are you from? I (well Lexi really likes Innova. They just came out with a Small breed version of their dog food. It is only available in their test markets for the next year. Some of the test markets are in CA and NY. Not sure where else. I'm thinking of getting Nikki (my new puppy) the regular Innova dog food for now and just take a hammer to it to break it up into smaller pieces.

·
Registered
277 Posts
<span style="font-family:Times">I feed Peaches Buffalo Blue brand dry puppy food. I mix it with Merrick's puppy plate. Thats the only way she will eat it. Heres a list of the ingredients :

Lamb and brown rice formula

Deboned Lamb, Lamb Meal, Whole Ground Brown Rice, Whole Ground Barley, Rye, Oatmeal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Rice Protein Concentrate, Sunflower Oil (preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Whole Carrots, Whole Sweet Potatoes, Alfalfa, Sea Salt, Barley Grass, Calcium Phosphate, Dried Chicory Root (Inulin), Ground Flax Seed, Whole Garlic Cloves, Dried Kelp, Lecithin, Parsley, Spirulina*, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bacillus Subtilis, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum, Bifidobacterium Pseudolongum, Enterococcus Faecium, Zinc Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Zinc), Choline Chloride, Iron Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Iron), Turmeric, Vitamin E Supplement, Argenine, Lysine, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Manganese), Beta Carotene, Copper Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Copper), Potassium Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Potassium), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Calcium Pentothenate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Rosemary Extract, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Cobalt Proteinate (source of Chelated Cobalt), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (source of Vitamin K Activity), Sodium Selenite. </span>

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oh My.... I can really help you!!! My little love Cha Cha was the WORST eater EVER........... Thank god on her 7 month birthday (2 weeks ago), she started to eat only dry kibble which I am thrilled about!!! It's called "Merrick Puppy Plate". It's an ALL NATURAL food that has fruits & veggies in it. She loves it! I was putting it in her Wellness wet food w/chicken breast. all of a sudden she just started with this dry food only!! It's FANTASTIC!!! Also, I give her "SOLID GOLD"-TINY TOT" treats. 2 per day as her afternoon snack. They are also ALL NATURAL.
I suggest you use natural products as they are so much better for the puppy. Hope this helps!!!

Jellybn1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts