Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I tried a new groomer with Bella and Harley and I think i would like them to continue seeing the new groomer. How can I politely dismiss the original groomer? She's a nice lady, and Bella went to her for 2 and 1/2 years, but we're just not communicating anymore, I feel like she's was just trying to do what she thought was best for Bella (with the trimming to short by the eyes, when I'm trying to grow her out), but I'm the mommy! Any suggestions?? Bella went to her once a week forever, so I don't feel right about simply not calling.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I left my groomer because I was not happy with her after about a year. I just told her that I had been practicing and was confident that I could do my own grooming. That seemed to do the trick.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
You could just say that you are trying to grow her hair a little and that you will call if you decide you need anything. That way you don't burn any bridges in case you ever need to return.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Sep 14 2005, 12:25 PM
You could just say that you are trying to grow her hair a little and that you will call if you decide you need anything. That way you don't burn any bridges in case you ever need to return.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99603
[/QUOTE]

I vote for that answer! It's what my mom would call a little white lie - some truth in it and more importantly, no one gets hurt.

You really are trying ot grow her hair out a bit, aren't you? At least the topknot?

Hopefully that will be the end of it and she won't call you 6 months from now....!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
How about the truth? This lady may be losing business because of the lack of communication with her clients and not know why. If you kindly point it out to her, she may be able to fix it.

Of course I am a wimp, so I would probably go with the white lie.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Well technically it is not a white lie. It is the truth.

You are trying to grow your baby's hair and if you need her services you will call her.

Now................she does not have to know any more than that. The rest is your own personal business which she does not need to know. There are no other explanations necessary.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
we were baddd.... both groomers we went to (at different times of course with different dogs).. we just NEVER called again.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
If I have a hairdresser that I have gone to for a while and then leave, I write a note saying how much I appreciate what he/she has done for me, etc. but that I have decided to make a change.

I have had the same groomer for about 10 years but if I were to make a change, I would do the same thing with her. I like to leave things open, so if I do want to return I can and yet give them the respect they are due, so they won't wonder what happened to me. I don't like to just drop out of sight.....

If I were to tell my groomer that I was letting K & C's hair grow she would still wonder why I wasn't bringing them in for a bath, nails, etc.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone! I think I'll call and tell her that i want to try grooming them myself, that's a good idea. She will probably think I'm crazy, because I actually did try grooming Bella myself once and it didn't go well, she looked awful :eek: ,
but she doesn't need to know I have a good groomer waiting for Bella.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts