Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by mmo@Nov 14 2005, 03:47 PM
What do you guys think of this ad? The puppy looks sooo cute. I am looking for a girl from a reputable breeder but i wanted to post this link to see what you guys think.
He looks adorable, i coudln`t resist to show him to you 

http://www.puppyfind.com/view_listing/?lis...9e2632d8a765ed0
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119568
[/QUOTE]


I say run, don't walk away from this one. If you notice, the lister has a variety of breeds listed for sale. I don't see this as being a reputable breeder. Cute pup though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Try to look for a breeder with only 1 or 2 breeds, that home raises the puppies, & will allow you to come to their home and see where the puppies and adults are kept. Look for someone that doesn't have tons, and tons of dogs and only has a few litters a year. If they have puppies available all the time its a puppymill or broker probably.

Have you seen my thread about Questions To Ask Breeders, And Things To Look For? There is a lot of good information and links in it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
A couple red flags to look for is a breeder who will sell to anyone who has the $$ via the web without even speaking with you and one who lets you take them home before they are 12 weeks' old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Cute pup!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I`ve read and learned a lot in this forum. I just couldn`t resist that face, he is sooo cute.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by mmo@Nov 14 2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I`ve read and learned a lot in this forum. I just couldn`t resist that face, he is sooo cute. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119673
[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean..... it's best not to even look at any place you wouldn't consider buying... those little faces are really hard to resist!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Nov 14 2005, 07:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mmo
@Nov 14 2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I`ve read and learned a lot in this forum. I just couldn`t resist that face, he is sooo cute. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119673
I know what you mean..... it's best not to even look at any place you wouldn't consider buying... those little faces are really hard to resist!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119674
[/B][/QUOTE]

You are right, i will not even go there anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by mmo@Nov 14 2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I`ve read and learned a lot in this forum. I just couldn`t resist that face, he is sooo cute. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119673
[/QUOTE]


As one of our members learned, the cute little pup she saw the picture of wasn't the pup that arrived at the airport. In fact, the picture was posted on a website before the pup was even born.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,045 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+Nov 14 2005, 09:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mmo
@Nov 14 2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I`ve read and learned a lot in this forum. I just couldn`t resist that face, he is sooo cute. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119673

As one of our members learned, the cute little pup she saw the picture of wasn't the pup that arrived at the airport. In fact, the picture was posted on a website before the pup was even born.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119685
[/B][/QUOTE]

This was exactly what I was going to point out. The pup in the picture is gorgeous, but probably not even the pup that is available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UGHHH, scary!!!
Now it`d be nice to know who`s the real breeder of that baby, don`t you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by mmo@Nov 14 2005, 04:47 PM
What do you guys think of this ad? The puppy looks sooo cute. I am looking for a girl from a reputable breeder but i wanted to post this link to see what you guys think.
He looks adorable, i coudln`t resist to show him to you 

http://www.puppyfind.com/view_listing/?lis...9e2632d8a765ed0
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119568
[/QUOTE]
Before you raise the red flags too high...do a reverse phone number look up, then google the name. You'll see he is actually a show breeder who has worked with several of the other top breeders...not that it means anything, but it appears that he is at least a legit breeder.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty+Nov 14 2005, 08:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mmo
@Nov 14 2005, 04:47 PM
What do you guys think of this ad? The puppy looks sooo cute. I am looking for a girl from a reputable breeder but i wanted to post this link to see what you guys think.
He looks adorable, i coudln`t resist to show him to you 

http://www.puppyfind.com/view_listing/?lis...9e2632d8a765ed0
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119568
Before you raise the red flags too high...do a reverse phone number look up, then google the name. You'll see he is actually a show breeder who has worked with several of the other top breeders...not that it means anything, but it appears that he is at least a legit breeder.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119699
[/B][/QUOTE]

I see what you mean about that breeder.

After looking at Puppyfind more closely, it appears that they are just a directory of puppies available and you don't actually purchase the puppy through the site, so it doesn't seem like it is necessarily a bad place to find a puppy. It is apparently just a way to begin contact with a breeder; then one must do the research, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I emailed him but haven`t got a reply. Does he have a website? Just curious!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Nov 14 2005, 09:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mmo
@Nov 14 2005, 08:57 PM
I emailed him but haven`t got a reply. Does he have a website? Just curious!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119719
I don't believe he has a site. Here is an SM thread you may find interesting:


http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2959
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119728
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
I reversed looked up the phone number and the breeder is Doug Larcher of DJ Maltese. He has very nice Maltese with some Maltese with Marcris, Chrisman and Richelieu breeding.

These are two dogs I know he owns -
http://www.rijesmaltese.com/champions/zack.html
http://www.chrismanmaltese.com/janet.html

I was once referred to him and he had the most adorable puppy available with the cutest face. However, I passed on her based on her bite and recommedation from a show breeder friend. But the bite turned out ok and she finished very quickly with several majors in a row. I try not to think about it but I don't necessarily regret my decision .. I didn't feel comfortable.

If anyone watches newly weds with Jessica Simpson, he is the breeder on the show. There is a clip online showing that episode. http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/newlyweds-nic...episodeID=74352 - Click on Jessica's Puppies under Video Clips.

I went through the other ads and they have different phone numbers and emails. I suspect they are just a bunch of friends sharing one account or advertising together?


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Nov 15 2005, 12:06 AM
I reversed looked up the phone number and the breeder is Doug Larcher of DJ Maltese.  He has very nice Maltese with some Maltese with Marcris, Chrisman and Richelieu breeding. 

These are two dogs I know he owns -
http://www.rijesmaltese.com/champions/zack.html
http://www.chrismanmaltese.com/janet.html

I was once referred to him and he had the most adorable puppy available with the cutest face.  However, I passed on her based on her bite and recommedation from a show breeder friend.  But the bite turned out ok and she finished very quickly with several majors in a row.  I try not to think about it but I don't necessarily regret my decision .. I didn't feel comfortable.

If anyone watches newly weds with Jessica Simpson, he is the breeder on the show.  There is a clip online showing that episode.  http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/newlyweds-nic...episodeID=74352  - Click on Jessica's Puppies under Video Clips.

I went through the other ads and they have different phone numbers and emails.  I suspect they are just a bunch of friends sharing one account or advertising together?



<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=119763
[/QUOTE]
It makes good sense for those who just have one or two pups from time to time to join in with friends to do this; however, if one doesn't do the research you did to check out all the numbers, it would appear to be a broker or a breeder of a number of breeds.
Someone sent me a picture he had forwarded to circulate. It was of the most beautiful girl he will be placing with a handler to finish. He asked to have the picture sent as she was going to be for sale. If I had an extra $6000, and I needed another dog, she would be coming my way. She was Chrisman/Marcris.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The baby boy is still available, he is currently 3 lbs and i am soo tempted. But i really want a girl!!!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top