Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always used Johnson's baby shampoo on Zoe's face because it is tearless but it is really drying out her fur. Is there any such thing as a whitening tearless dog shampoo? If not, what do you all use for tearless puppy shampoos? I think Zoe needs something that will condition her face a little better, but I'd be too nervous to put conditioner on her face for fear that it would get into her eyes.
So any suggestions on whitening tearless or just regular tearless dog shampoo?
Thanks...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I use regular puppy tearless shampoo for their faces. I use all different brands. Right now it's Hartz puppy shampoo from Target. For conditioning I use their regular oatmeal conditioner and I use a eyebrow brush (a small toothbrush would work too) for their faces for more control.

·
Registered
277 Posts
<span style="font-family:Times">I use johnson and johnsons nourishing milk wash on Peaches's face. Its the body wash version for babies and its also tearless formula. I used to use baby shampoo as well on her face and figured this might help in moisturizing. </span>

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I condition Brinkley's face. Using peroxide and what-not to help with the staining is really drying...So conditioning is a MUST!
When I do it, I use a dab on my finger and rub it on there, and then use an old toothbrush to kinda comb it in there...I let it sit for a bit and then rinse it straight down gently..

As for the tearless whitening...
I use Top Performance Bright Magic-it is a tearless formula. I have used it on Brinkley since he was a pup. I orderered it from Pet Edge. It whitens/brightens well and it is gentler than the actual whitening shampoo that I bought.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I use the pro-line (I forget the name) for sale at Petsmart in the grooming salon. There is a puppy tear free formula. It has a powder scent. When I wash her face, I use a baby (extra soft) wash cloth for scrubbing and rinsing. That way, I can control the lather and rinse without too much water getting into her eyes and ears.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like to use Soft and Precious baby shampoo. It's made specially for African Americans to preserves the natural oils in their hair. You can usually find it in the same place as Johnson baby shampoo or in the African American hair product area. I've been using it and it works great. Haven't had any drying problems. You don't need very much. I usually mix half shampoo and half water with it and put it on a cotton ball to clean his face.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to try and find some puppy tearless shampoo at Petco and see what they have. I am so tired of buying little things for her online that cost like 5 or 6 bucks and then paying just as much just to get it shipped to me!
Putting half water and half shampoo on a cotton ball sounds like a really good idea...I'm definitely going to try that! Thanks for all of your suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts