Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am not currently married at this time, but I know the male friends I have LOVEEE my puppydog! Everytime I run into them...the first thing out of their mouth is 'How's the dog!' lol Never 'How am I doing..but how's my little dog doing!' :eek:) And, when I see my Dad...he has just fallen in love with my puppy. He carries her around and sings little songs to her. lol

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
well, i got sprite after dating casey for a couple of years. we're going on 5 yrs in december. :eek: casey calls sprite his daughter--but i tell him that she has no father because i was the one that paid for her. lol. :lol: he loves all of our dogs and they love him. we joke around because we say that sprite thinks that casey is her boyfriend. she's really possessive of him. its cute. :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
My boyfriend has issues with my baby being sleeping on the bed
i basically told him too bad. I got maxi a few weeks before i broke up with him and we just started dating again a few months ago. He is nice to maxi but he doesnt go for the bed sleeping thing but i won't cave in on that Maci has been sleeping with me since day one

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This is a really fun topic. I've been posting on Maltese forums (including the Other One) ever since I got Pico and I've yet to read a post where a male friend, husband, relative, whatever, has not fallen head over heels with the Malt in question.

At first, they look and sneer at the fluffiness, whiteness and petite nature of the breed. My brother wouldn't touch Pico for fear he would hurt him since he plays roughly with his MinPin and Lab. It wasn't long before he discovered the playfullness and huggability and companionship of this lap breed and, Bang! fell in love.

My husband termed Pico "an accessory" and "just right for a Fajita (taco)" but he too was soon converted as Pico engaged him in a playfest which quickly became a full-fledged love-fest that continues to this day. He will take Pico to his attorney's, to his mechanic's and just about anywhere. I find him talking and cooing and loving on Pico, where he used to make fun of me for doing the same.

It is so much fun to watch the transition of the male, particularly the very rugged, macho male, from skeptic to lover as they interact with the Maltese.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thanks Cathy
I would never give into that. Maxi was with me at the start of our break up and my house is his house, i mean my boyfriend doesnt dislike maxi he just isnt into it like me but when maxi falls asleep at night you can rest assure it will be in my bed...First of all Maxi is very clean and before he gets in my bed his behind is clean and fresh and his face is washed he always smells good, my sheets are always clean and comforter so its not an issue with that , bottom line is thats maxi's bed .......Thats why i have been shying away about going to his house because i want maxi with me and i know it will be an issue so for now its my way or the highway

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
My husband wasn't too keen on my getting a dog at first.. he grew up with farm/outside dogs and didn't quite get the concept of a strictly inside dog. So when I first got Tuffy he thought he was cute and everything, but wasn't super excited about it and he was adamant against my being allowed to dress him. Well, needless to say, he loves Tuffy almost as much as I do now and he's the first one to point out little clothes and cute things for him :D He cracked me up last time we were at Target because he made me buy these baby booties for Tuffy, he thought they were so cute! :lol: He also is the one that wanted Tuffy to sleep up in the bed with us.. he said that since he doesn't get to spend a lot of time with Tuffy since he works so much that he wanted to know he was sleeping up with us so it would be like a real family
I love both my guys.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
LOL, thats what we tell my mom "this is the dogs house".
its true!! like this past weekend, our airconditioner broke (it was around 90 degrees in the house) we felt soooo bad for the dogs. they were panting like crazy and we had 3 fans in our living room going. it totally sucked. cynthia was like "just wait till january, we'll leave our contract(cuz were renting) and get a nice house for the dogs". lol.

·
Registered
994 Posts
LOL Maxi isnt spoiled much
you know what i enjoy this so much
with him when i come home from work he is jumping all around so happy to see me , other than him talking back to me sometimes (in bark language) lol he is such a good boy...I always thought i would be this strict mother and now i see i am a mush cause maxi gets away with everything but the one thing is this he is very good with people he sometimes acts shy it seems...He is also good with other dogs and as long as he acts behaved than thats all i care about
i remember growing up i always was so well behaved around my dad and i totally drove my mom nuts so i allow it
this morning at 5a i woke up to him kissing me face ( although i still had an hour to sleep) but he makes me happy!

·
Registered
831 Posts
My hubby has loved Daezie since we got her, he was the one who said Daezie will sleep with us in the bed. and the same storie with Maya. Both are daddys little girls...

·
Registered
939 Posts
Well, my husband prefers larger dogs. I had always wanted a maltese.... he gave in thinking he wouldn't like such a "foo-foo" dog. The whole family loved Tiki from day one, even my husband. I don't think we will ever have anothe breed as a member of our family.... Malts are just to special!

Judi

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My husband also wasn't so keen on the "foo-foo" dog that "looked like a mop"... <_<
He wanted a pug...that is what he grew up with in the house...but my allergies cannot handle a pug. I knew I wanted a maltese.
I finally just TOLD him that is what we were getting after my favorite lap cat Sandy died. He tried for several months to irritate me by acting as if he was not thrilled with the dog choice...made snide comments etc.
But then we brought him home! He fell in love...just like me. He is a little jealous that he is a momma's boy-but when he saw how smart and sweet and cuddly he was-he was hooked! He has said we can get another some day...I am sure I will have to TELL him when we are doing that too. He will act like he is not supportive, and then once she gets here...he will fall in love all over again.

How can you help it???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts