Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in desperate need of knowing a few feeding answers: First, what is the best dog food to feed my baby? I am currently using Chicken Soup for the Puppy. I was advised that it may not be the best nutrition around. Please let me know what brand is the best and when to switch him over to dog food. He seems to be allergic to wheat as well.
Secondly, is ok to only feed him dry food? Lastly, How much is good enough? He is 4 pounds. Thanks a bunch for any answers. Pam and Lucky

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
There really is no one best food. Try to find one that doesn't have a lot of grains and by-products. You want to look for a premium dog food. Don't get one that is sold at grocery stores or stores like Walmart. The ones at pet stores, like PetCo and PetsMart are better. Usually the best ones are sold at locally owned pet food stores. Some people even order theirs off the internet if they can't find them locally.

Some of the better ones are Innova, Fint River, Chicken Soup. There are some other good ones but I can't think of them right now. I know this is a topic that is talked about a lot so if you do a search on SM you should find a bunch of topics.

As for how much go according to what it says on the package. The better the food the less the amount will be because there are less fillers. You will also notice that the better the food the less your furbaby will poop because there will be less waste to get rid of.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Aug 8 2005, 12:05 PM
There really is no one best food.  Try to find one that doesn't have a lot of grains and by-products.  You want to look for a premium dog food.  Don't get one that is sold at grocery stores or stores like Walmart.  The ones at pet stores, like PetCo and PetsMart are better.  Usually the best ones are sold at locally owned pet food stores.  Some people even order theirs off the internet if they can't find them locally. 

Some of the better ones are Innova, Fint River, Chicken Soup.  There are some other good ones but I can't think of them right now.  I know this is a topic that is talked about a lot so if you do a search on SM you should find a bunch of topics.

As for how much go according to what it says on the package.  The better the food the less the amount will be because there are less fillers.  You will also notice that the better the food the less your furbaby will poop because there will be less waste to get rid of.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88303
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response. What is SM? I am unfamiliar with this. Thanks. pam and Lucky

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
SM is short for Spoiled Maltese! Sorry, I use it all the time and forget that some of the new people might not have heard it before. If you ever hear someone talking about MO they mean Maltese Only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts