Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I love to look at photos of beautiful Maltese, so I was visiting the Rhapsody Maltese site to see if there were any new photos posted. Rhapsody is owned by Tonia Holibough, who is well-known because she shows and breeds champions. One of her famous champions is Marcris Thrill of Victory... called Thriller. You may have heard of him. Anyway, I was amazed to see that her prices for male Maltese puppies are about the same as those of a pet store. For example, she has a precious 7-month-old male for $1,500. By the way, I have no affiliation with Rhapsody Maltese... I'm just a big fan!

I am only sharing this info with you so you can see what a rip off the pet stores are. I am not posting this to chide anyone who has bought from a pet store.

Anyway, it is fun to just look at these beyond-gorgeous babies....

http://rhapsodymaltese.com/puppies.html

P.S. Her site also indicates that she has two 8-month-old rescues available to the right home.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I am so sad! Everyone here is always talking about animal planet and I dont get animal planet

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I know what you mean!

Paris has the bloodline that includes several CH Marcris and Rhapsody Maltese and if genelogy is really as important as they say... I would be a great witness to that!

I think I may get my second Maltese from Rhapsody or Chrisman. Haven't decided yet =)

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Oct 23 2004, 07:36 PM
I know what you mean! 

Paris has the bloodline that includes several CH Marcris and Rhapsody Maltese and if genelogy is really as important as they say... I would be a great witness to that!

I think I may get my second Maltese from Rhapsody or Chrisman.  Haven't decided yet =)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13016
[/QUOTE]

Paris is indeed a real cutey. My Catcher's lineage includes CH Marcris Risque Business. Is he on Paris' Pedigree? I think there are a lot of dogs with him in their lineage....

I would have liked to have gotten my 2nd from Rhapsody, Divine or Marcris but none had any available that were of the larger size. Kallie is 10.5 pounds and I didn't want a 4-5 pounder.....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
OH, be still my heart! Rhapsody is in Cedar Park, TX which is VERY NEAR ME. Toni is in the 512 area code which used to include San Antonio.

Her Maltese are just gorgeous, aren't they? My brain just starts buzzing about getting another until I remember it takes 2 human adults to care for 1 little Maltese
And there are only 2 of us in this household. Getting another right now is just a pipe dream I have.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Paris is indeed a real cutey. My Catcher's lineage includes CH Marcris Risque Business. Is he on Paris' Pedigree? I think there are a lot of dogs with him in their lineage....

I would have liked to have gotten my 2nd from Rhapsody, Divine or Marcris but none had any available that were not very small. Kallie is 10.5 pounds and I didn't want a 4-5 pounder.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13054
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Kallie. Looking at his pedigree right now. The sire did not have Marcris Risque Business but the Dam had these following:

G/Grand sire:Ch Marcris Risque Business Rom
Grand sire: CH Showboats Risque Kings Ransom.

Does that make us distant cousins?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Oct 24 2004, 03:40 PM

I would have liked to have gotten my 2nd from Rhapsody, Divine or Marcris but none had any available that were not very small. Kallie is 10.5 pounds and I didn't want a 4-5 pounder.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13054
[/QUOTE]

Hi Kallie. Looking at his pedigree right now. The sire did not have Marcris Risque Business but the Dam had these following:

G/Grand sire:Ch Marcris Risque Business Rom
Grand sire: CH Showboats Risque Kings Ransom.

Does that make us distant cousins?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13082
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes indeed, I believe it does!

Catcher's Great Grand Sire: CH Marcris Risque Business; Grand Dam CH Marcris Tender Passion

Grand Sire: CH Angels Risques Barbarellas

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Oct 24 2004, 01:05 PM
OH, be still my heart!  Rhapsody is in Cedar Park, TX which is VERY NEAR ME.  Toni is in the 512 area code which used to include San Antonio.

Her Maltese are just gorgeous, aren't they?  My brain just starts buzzing about getting another until I remember it takes 2 human adults to care for 1 little Maltese
  And there are only 2 of us in this household.  Getting another right now is just a pipe dream I have.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13063
[/QUOTE]

Oh you are so lucky to live near Rhapsody... Wow!

Pico's Parent, I am the only human in my house and it is not a problem whatsoever looking after my two babies.... I may even go for a third in a few years. At least for me, it is no more trouble at all than with one.... in some ways it is easier because they entertain each other by playing together so I'm not the sole provider of playtime.

I was intimidated by the idea of two but it had been a dream of mine for many years so I just went for it. And it has worked out wonderfully.

Of course, it is a very personal decision.... you have to do what feels "right" for your own family situation, etc.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hey, Sadie might be part of the family too. I'm waiting on the pedigree from the AKC but her sire is Ch Marcris Blue Hills Fame. I'll let you know later what the rest of the lineage is.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Sher, thanks for posting that. I don't think it can be said enough that if you can afford to buy from a pet shop, you can afford a puppy from a reputable breeder, even one of the top breeders. And you can't put a price of the benefits of having a healthy puppy.

Of course, I know many of you think rescues groups are picky....you wouldn't believe how carefully the top breeders screen the homes their pups go to! You may have $2500 in hand, but come away empty handed.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
How right you are Marj. During my recent search for a puppy I was interviewed extensively by 2 of the breeders. The other 2 didn't have females, but I assume that when and if they had an available pup I would have had the same screening from them. I really appreciated their concern for their puppies and it made me feel better about the price that I was paying to know that they were honestly making an effort to place their pups in the right environment.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Oh I know, my breeder is not a commerical success, but has been breeding and weaning for decades and it was like interviewing for an FBI job! She took down all my info, my fiance's info, and my mothers info. IT was like she was gonna do a background check on us! IT made me feel good she was just as concerned with us as I was with her.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts