Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Kodie was on Eukaunba (that isnt the correct spelling) when i got him from the breeder. He didnt really eat.. so i switched to Nutro. He ate better but after a few months, he wasnt eating again. Then I had all these tests ran on Kodie because of a possible liver shunt (long story).. so he is now on Hill's l/d, which is for his liver. I give him veggies and cheerios too... he loves those.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Jan 3 2005, 10:24 AM
Caesar eats Science Diet, and likes it pretty well.
  He doesn't like the Lamb and Rice flavor for very long.  He eats it like crazy at first then after a few days he will turn his nose up at it.  We have had good luck with the Original flavor though.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27059
[/QUOTE]
Thats true for Kodie too.. and everyone told me to buy lamb and rice for a maltese because of allergies!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie+Jan 3 2005, 09:26 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Jan 3 2005, 10:24 AM
Caesar eats Science Diet, and likes it pretty well.
   He doesn't like the Lamb and Rice flavor for very long.  He eats it like crazy at first then after a few days he will turn his nose up at it.  We have had good luck with the Original flavor though.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27059
Thats true for Kodie too.. and everyone told me to buy lamb and rice for a maltese because of allergies!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27061
[/B][/QUOTE]
Oh really I hadn't heard that about buying it for allergies. I just thought I would try a different flavor for him, haha. Thats funny Kodie doesn't like it as much also.

·
Registered
894 Posts
With much searching, research and this forum we finally picked Newman's Own Organic. The bag that says "adult" is what Sisse is eating now (while being weaned from Mom). Softened with a bit of warm water and a spoonful of the canned Newmans Own Organic, she just gobbles it up!! It is just sooooo good for her and came with a seal of approval from a Vet!! The bag is "adult" but "for all stages". It really smells pretty good to!!
All organic, no fillers, no dyes etc.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy's breeder had Tuffy on Science Diet Puppy and he's pretty much eaten that up until the last month when we started trying some new adult foods. We've tried Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul and several of the flavors from Flint River Ranch. While I liked the Chicken soup one a lot (mostly because it I can buy it locally and it is less costly than Flint River) Tuffy never really *loved* it the way he has *loved* the Flint River Ranch food. I did a little taste test for him with all the variety of foods and he didn't touch the Science Diet or the Chicken soup but polished off the Flint River Ranch. So I finally listened to him and bought him the Flint River.. he's eating the Lamb & Millet variety.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts