Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most romantic thing you have done for your significant other?

What is the most romantic thing your significant other has done foryou?

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
The most romantic thing my husband ever did for me was when we filed for divorce he let me keep the house - LOL

I let the jerk have his clothes (is that romantic?)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Does nearly burning down the entire apartment complex "TRYING" to be romantic count. LOL....he still hates candles to this day..

well this is not romantic really but it was touching to me. It was a couple months after the birth of my first son and I was tring so hard to shedd that darn baby fat and I was getting depressed...my son was born four days before Thanksgiving..so I had the holidays, plus baby wieght...well Valentines was coming and I was down...I had went from being nice and firm and slim and a full time career gal to a stay home mom who hardly could remember to comb her hair in the mornings that has flabby thighs and a dirty house. Well I was dreding V-day it had always been my least fav day of the year...and this year was going to be the worst..baby blues, jiggling in all the wrong places and it aws the chocolate holiday...

hubby knows I dont liek flowers on Vday it is just to easy...so he put a lot of thought into it and went and got me a beautiful basket tht matched my house so i could reuse it when he was finished...the then filled it with tissue and ALL the fruit you could think of.....and got one of his friends to deliver it cause i like deliveries. lol

it was the prettiest fruit basket i had ever seen. I know it sounds totaly cheesey to send someone a fruit basket for valentines day but he knew i was almost at my goal wieght and i would have pigged out on the chocolates so he did something I would like, soemthing unique and something special and something that took a lot of thought and work on his part. so i was totally impressed.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i dont know if this is romantic or not but when me and Kim first got married I bought her a ring, then I went out and found a log, drilled a hole in it, put the ring in and recovered it, I then wrapped the log in Christmas paper and gave her the "log"

she really freaked out until I showed her the secret compartment with the ring in it

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 3Maltmom@Jun 14 2005, 11:20 PM
The most romantic thing my husband ever did for me was when we filed for divorce he let me keep the house - LOL

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72730
[/QUOTE]

YES BABY

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by scrappy@Jun 14 2005, 10:10 PM
Until one Saturday I went shopping with him and discovered that as it drew near to closing time they started giving away the flowers 

:eek: 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72728
[/QUOTE]

OMG! That was SO funny!
It's the thought that counts, right?
Sounds like my husband...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Ok, so I am going for the LEAST romantic award...I don't think my husband was born with the romantic gene...

DH and I met the first day of freshman orientation in college. He lusted after me for three years while I was dating someone else...the other guy was a butthole, it just took me that long to realize it
!

Anyway, DH and I were great friends. We hung out together all the time, and I used to tell people that he would make "someone" a great husband one day! (Little did I know that it would be me!?
)

Ok, so when the butthole broke my heart, DH was there to pick me up and we started dating immediately...kinda made me wonder what I had been thinking for the past three years.

Well, about six months later we decided that we wanted to get engaged. So, we "decided" together...no asking, just a mutual-"This is what we should do!" We didn't have money for a ring, but he found one in a gum-ball machine to make it "official".
Of course, I couldn't wear it because it turned my finger BLACK!

We told my family, who at this time had not even MET DH, so they were a little distraught!
And my daddy was mad b/c I did not have a ring...but we were both broke...seniors in college...poor, poor, poor!

Anyway, we went to his house at Christmas and we went shopping at the mall. We were looking at rings, even though we had been engaged for almost three months without one. Well, we found my little measly $600.00 set (which I was TOTALLY in love with!) and we maxed out a jewelry store card and put the rest on my almost maxed out Visa card. (What a way to start? Huh?)

Anyway, so as we leave the store, he has the box and says I can't have it yet b/c he is planning something "romantic"! So, I let him keep it. Well, I soon learned that my hubby cannot keep secrets/surprises to himself very well
....He took that dang ring out of the box going down the interstate and put it on my finger.
I am sure my face said it all...
(THIS is your idea of romantic?!
)

Anyway, it wasn't that big of a deal at the time-it was kinda funny!
I was just glad to have the engagement ring on my finger to be able to SHOW people that I truly was engaged. I didn't realize how much I missed the "romantic" part of getting engaged until all my friends started getting engaged and sharing their stories...

There are MORE! I am sure we could win the "Most UN-Romantic" award...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by scrappy@Jun 15 2005, 07:39 AM
TLunn you have my sympathy 20 years and I still have no ring 
  I guess he is waiting till they too are given away at closing 

If our men were traditionalist we wouldn't have these funny stories to tell and we would be just like everyone else. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72780
[/QUOTE]

You are so right!

Ok, one more UN-romantic story that we STILL laugh about to this day!

The day of our wedding, I am getting my hair done and the phone rings at the beauty salon. It is my landlord and he is calling to tell me my rent was late! :eek: Well, it wasn't, and we finally got it worked out...he had forgotten to mark our name off-he still had my uncashed check!
Anyway, after probably being a little bit of a "bride-zilla" to him....(the NERVE to call me and tell me that on the afternoon of the wedding!!!!)....I finally calmed down.

Well, during the wedding ceremony-MY ceremony!!! We are standing at the unity candle and some dang LONG song was playing...
I am SURE you all have been to wedding where this occurs and the sweet bride and groom are whispering to each other!? I always thought, "Awww....how sweet! Wonder what romantic/loving things they are saying to each other?"
Well, during OUR unity candle time...we too whispered to each other...

Hubby leaned over and said, "Doug (that was the landlords name) called and said the rent was late." :eek: Can you believe it?! I guess he had waited all day and thought about that the ENTIRE beginning of the ceremony and couldn't wait to get me alone to tell me that!!!! :eek:

So, I had to explain to him...(DURING the unity candle time....) that it was the landlord's mistake and he HAD our check in his hand on time!

At that very moment, I really wanted to punch him in the nose...

But now, when we watch our wedding video (the kids like to watch it A LOT!) and we get to the unity candle part, he dies laughing and I just roll my eyes

Between the wonderful display of romance during the engagement process AND the wedding, I should have realized what I was getting myself into!

I WON'T be finding any hidden rings in logs, or glasses or champagne etc...
His brain is just NOT wired that way!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts

Well I have to say there have been many romantic events in our marriage but the fondest memory I have is when hubby met me at the airport after travelling all the way from Australia, with the biggest bunch of red roses I have ever seen. I might add too that he is the very first to ever do that for me.

The most romanitic thing I have done was to prepare a traditional Thanks Giving Dinner for him, with all the trimmings. This not being an Australian thing and being my very first Thanks Giving I thought I did pretty well and he was impressed too.
It was so romanitc with the candles on the table, just the two of us.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by 3Maltmom@Jun 14 2005, 10:20 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72730
[/QUOTE]

3Maltmom,

I've been searching for your posts forever because I'm your biggest fan. You never disappoint me.
I'll laugh all day now.

How are your babies?

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Maximus's Mom -

I'm just now getting back into the groove of things. My little ones are doing great. It's a bit boring at my house without my little Samantha, but Frankie is trying to be a little more entertaining. Then there's Billy, well he's so goofy-looking, I laugh when he walks in the room. I'm use to it though, my ex was rather goofy-looking as well.

How's your baby? I love the pic. Looks so cozy:)

Licks and butt wiggles from me (and maybe a lick or two from the kids)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My hubby can be very romantic when he wants to be
There are many times that he has done something special, but I was just talking about one of them earlier today with my cousin, as our Anniversary is next month. One year for our Anniversary we decided to have a nice dinner at home with candles etc. He did the cooking and while I was out of the room he set the table, then he sprinkled red rose petals all over the dining room table and lit the candles...It was so pretty and very romantic to walk in and see it

·
Registered
83 Posts
my guy thinks its romantic if we go to a movie........an action movie
he is not romantic at all. I stoped trying to be romantic when he didnt notice. the most romantic thing I ever did for him was had him drive out to the lake (superior) and we parked at a sucluded spot, turned on the radio and danced. this was before we were dating though. I have only been on one date with my guy

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nope! I have the most UN-romantic story of all.....hands down.

Hubby and I dated 11 years (other long story) and toward the end of the 11th year my daughter got married and I moved out of my house to let them live there, rented an apartment and was going to furnish it completely to my taste, from scratch. A new beginning!

Then I get this wonderful opportunity in another city while working there temporarily for my employer and without my saying a word Boyfriend says "you're going to move aren't you?" Well, I was only THINKING about it, I told him, because my girls are on their own, OUR relationship will never be more than it is now and it's a good opportunity.

A few days later he says, Well, maybe we should get married. Very off-handed. And I said, well if we do we need to do it before the end of the year to get the tax deduction. So he went to his CPA, had both our returns done individually and as a married couple and found out we'd get $25k back as a married couple!

That sealed it! But the best part is when he had his friend, the County Clerk, set up a venue for our civil ceremony and when we drove up to the address on the appointed day, it turned out to be the facility where Probationers are held pending their hearings. It was NOT lovely!

But, we've been married 15 years so I guess romance is NOT a prerequisite for a happy marriage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts