Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday afternoon I went to the office and worked until about 8:00 pm... then I realized I was out of bottled water, so I thought I'd stop by the drug store to quickly pick up a jug. They were already closed. I was trying to get home to my babies and didn't want to go to the grocery store because it'd take longer. But I drove in the grocery store parking lot and then decided to leave but thought of the water and at the last minute, I stayed and got the water and of course, grabbed some other things, too.

Later in the evening I went to charge my iPod and I realized that it was gone! It had been in a back pocket of my purse. The ear buds were still there, but no iPod. I called the grocery and they say it isn't there. I'm getting ready to leave and retrace my steps and hope I find it.... I'll never keep anything in that outside back pocket again... it goes inside the purse!

It is such a sick feeling to realize something is missing... Then I second guess myself and say I should have left the grocery store and not gone in, etc. And wouldn't ya know... there was a bottle of water here after all... I just didn't see it!!

Have you ever lost something that was important to you? What happened?

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Have you ever lost something that was important to you? What happened?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66816
[/QUOTE]

Oh no
sorry to hear that you lost your ipod, I haven't lost anything really of such value, but once I did a check on my bank balance back in Aust. to find someone had been helping themselves to my finances.
I had lost over $7000 Au. in credit card charges before I found out and fortunately when I called the bank they replaced it and got reimbursed from the places where the individual had made the purchases. It turned out he was a crooked builder who was charging up his new tools and some other items to my credit card :eek:
I was very lucky to have discovered it when I did and the bank then put a trace on his activities and low and behold he tried it again and got caught. They said that some of the young people at the cash registers in places where we use our credit cards actualluy sell our numbers and details to crooks
or even give it to their friends. :eek:
I am no longer using credit cards for that very reason.

Janet and Scooby

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Actually just recenty we almost lost our ipod!! My absent minded husband came to the gym with it and forgot to bring it home. I came home before him so I didn't have a chance to look for it. 24 hrs went by before we realized it was gone. Fortunately (and I am still amazed) someone from our building found it and turned it into the office. We were really happy and either way I was so angry at my husband. Our funds are very limited and we could not afford another one for a long time!

I am sorry your ipod is lost!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Sorry to hear you lost your ipod as well.
It's an awful feeling. You keep blaming yourself wondering what you could have done to avoid it. That also happened to me when I was in collage. I lot my hand organizer. It had all my personal stuff it in. I could not believe it. I think up to this day I left it at the school phone booth. Who wouldn't want a toy like that? At that time it was very high tech.
Oh well, I have never gotten another one since.

This week I lost 6000. Some very nice person copied my bank card and helped them self to my personal line and chequing account.. Leaving me with 5 dollars. How nice of them. I'm just so lucky that the fraud department noticed what was happening before it was too late. It will take a while for me to get my money back. So no eating out for me this week. I had to call all the bill people and have all the payments delayed.

Don't stress your self over it.
My husband lost his cell phone too last month. He has not thought about it since.
I think I was more upset about it then he was.
I have made myself so sick in the last few months over stress.
Take a deep breathe and think of the wonderful greeting you got when you came home to your puppies.

Chester and Chelsey always make me smile.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by okw@May 30 2005, 12:07 PM
Actually just recenty we almost lost our ipod!!  My absent minded husband came to the gym with it and forgot to bring it home.  I came home before him so I didn't have a chance to look for it.  24 hrs went by before we realized it was gone.  Fortunately (and I am still amazed) someone from our building found it and turned it into the office.  We were really happy and either way I was so angry at my husband.  Our funds are very limited and we could not afford another one for a long time!

I am sorry your ipod is lost!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66847
[/QUOTE]

Thanks... It is just weird that when I was heading in to the grocery parking lot I had a bad feeling... thinking of that creeps me out!! I was thinking I should not go in and was ready to turn out of the parking lot when a car crossed in front of me and while I waited for it to pass, I saw a parking place right in front so I thought it was a good sign that I should go in!!

I went over there this morning and looked all over that store... nothing.. I went back to my office and thought maybe I'd find it there... no.... I think I'll get the replacement direct from Apple where they will engrave on it... I'll put my name and cell phone number, just in case that would help. And of course it will not be on the outside of my purse again. And now of course, I have to get all the albums loaded again.... what a pain!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I don't have an ipod...what exactly do you use it for? What kind of information does it have on it? Is it like an electronic planner?
Is it something I need?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
OK I confess. I lost a handful of tiny diamonds I was supposed to have designed into our wedding rings. The diamonds were gifts I received from a dear friend many years before my marriage. I moved countries and cities several times before it was that time, and lost them during one of the moves.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by tlunn@May 30 2005, 12:21 PM
I don't have an ipod...what exactly do you use it for? What kind of information does it have on it? Is it like an electronic planner?
  Is it something I need?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66858
[/QUOTE]

Well, now I don't have one either!!

It is a "machine" that you play music on. You download from the Internet from the iTunes site (or others) or you can load a CD. I had the iPod Mini which held 1,000 songs. I had about 10 albums on it. I kept it with me at all times because I am really sensitive to noisy places. I hate the grocery store, Target, etc. when there are kids screaming and talking so loudly. So, I just put on the "ear buds" and listen to the iPod and I can tune the world out. They are also great on an airplane. I have the Bose noise-cancelling headphones and with those and the iPod I'm in my own little world on the plane and it is just wonderful.

Here is a link to the iPod page on Apple's site and a photo: iPod Mini Web Page

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I would really like one of the Ipod Photos. But I can't justify paying $400 for it.

Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+May 30 2005, 11:33 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@May 30 2005, 12:21 PM
  Is it something I need?

It is a "machine" that you play music on. You download from the Internet from the iTunes site (or others) or you can load a CD. I had the iPod Mini which held 1,000 songs. I had about 10 albums on it. I kept it with me at all times because I am really sensitive to noisy places. I hate the grocery store, Target, etc. when there are kids screaming and talking so loudly. So, I just put on the "ear buds" and listen to the iPod and I can tune the world out. They are also great on an airplane. I have the Bose noise-cancelling headphones and with those and the iPod I'm in my own little world on the plane and it is just wonderful.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66864
[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+May 30 2005, 11:33 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tlunn
@May 30 2005, 12:21 PM
  Is it something I need?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66864
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmm....that sounds neat! But not something I NEED right now!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by scrappy@May 30 2005, 12:19 PM
Oh Dear!  My husband cannot survive without his iPod.  He would be devastated.  Not at the loss of the iPod so much as the information stored on it.  I do hope you find it.
I have a friend who this evening went out for dinner and halfway thru the meal realised her moblie phone was missing.  She panics as her intellectually disabled daughter is home alone and had the mobile number to call if she needed her mom.  Well she dashes out to find a pay phone and rings her mobile and when it is answered started yelling into the phone calling the woman a theif and for her to return it immediately then she heard mom, mom being called into the phone and realised it was her daughter.  She had left her phone at home.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66856
[/QUOTE]

Oh, that is a great story!!

I lost my cell phone once... you'd think I would have learned. It was several years ago and like I did this time, it was hooked on the back pocket of a purse... I was at Lowe's and got home and realized it was gone. I never did find it!

I think if I had a choice of what to lose, I'd choose the phone over the iPod, though... but then again, they both would require lots of work to get them filled with info/music again.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I lost my cell phone in the Ft. Lauderdale airport and an airport employee found it and kept it and used it! I tracked him down by going online and getting the list of phone numbers that had been dialed since I lost it. I called a couple and one of them answered and gave me the thief's name and I left a message for him to call me, saying he would lose his job over this and I just wanted my phone back.

I told him I would send him $50 to cover his trouble to send it back to me and it took a couple of weeks and a few more phone calls but I finally got it back. My husband said I was a fool for rewarding the guy but I got my phone back! AND I got to give the guy a lecture about the value of honesty and there's nothing I like better than giving a good lecture.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@May 30 2005, 02:15 PM
I lost my cell phone in the Ft. Lauderdale airport and an airport employee found it and kept it and used it!  I tracked him down by going online and getting the list of phone numbers that had been dialed since I lost it.  I called a couple and one of them answered and gave me the thief's name and I left a message for him to call me, saying he would lose his job over this and I just wanted my phone back.

I told him I would send him $50 to cover his trouble to send it back to me and it took a couple of weeks and a few more phone calls but I finally got it back.  My husband said I was a fool for rewarding the guy but I got my phone back!  AND I got to give the guy a lecture about the value of honesty and there's nothing I like better than giving a good lecture.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=66894
[/QUOTE]

Great detective work!! Good for you....!!!! I had thought of putting a sign up at the grocery store offering a $50 reward but went ahead and ordered a new iPod today... so I consider the case closed, I guess! I had them do the free laser engraving and I put my name and cell phone number on it... maybe if this should happen again (better not!) at least the person will be less likely to want to keep something with my name on it ... or is that wishful thinking!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
we went to the sanrio store, and bought one of those cute Chibimaru cellphone holders that you attach to your purse----to put cynthia's ipod in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts