Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my birthday this year was a big one ... which meant I needed a BIG present for myself ....

So I bought a house!!! :chili::chili::chili:

The house needs a LOT of work, but I'm slowly getting there.

The whole purchasing process started late Feb, and we moved in this Wednesday (the day before my birthday!)

Harley & Dakota have been awesome, they have settled right in and just seem to know this is our very own home :wub: They went to the groomer the day the movers came - I can highly recommend doing this for anyone who ever moves - they missed all the stress!!

Tonight is our 3rd night in the house, and we are still totally surrounded by boxes & there is stuff everywhere, but we are happy! :thumbsup::chili:

Couple of pics .......I had the floors professionally done, and I did the kitchen myself (my sister helped paint the walls & ceiling - credit where credit is due!)

Floors - Before:

Floors - After:

Kitchen - Before:

Kitchen - After:

Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to say, the kitchen makeover is a short term fix ... I plan to move walls etc, and I dont think the kitchen will end up where it is now ... I also need a new bathroom, so I'm currently thinking about swapping them around ... when I win lotto!! LOL

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Harley & Dakota have been awesome, they have settled right in and just seem to know this is our very own home :wub: They went to the groomer the day the movers came - I can highly recommend doing this for anyone who ever moves - they missed all the stress!!

Tonight is our 3rd night in the house, and we are still totally surrounded by boxes & there is stuff everywhere, but we are happy! :thumbsup::chili:
awesome birthday gift. Congrats on your move and again i say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Jac:chili: Wishing you 3 lots of happiness in the new place :chili:

I've seen your two cuties when they were checking the place before the official move. I can say that they knew that the place is theirs before the move:wub::wub: two smart, curious, very cute and entertaining malts you have there. You mush be proud ;) Did the backyard get a fence yet?

hugs
Kat

ps. taking them to the groomers on that day is a great tip :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kat!! Yes, the backyard is now puppy proof, and H & D have spent a lot of time sniffing every single blade of grass out there!! I think they are about 1/8 of the way through sniffing!! LOL

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
The house looks great, Jac! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND THE KIDS!!!! Mine are jealous that they have a backyard to run around in! Oh, and if I didn't mention before -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Love ya!

Linda & S&A who want to move in with you so they can have a fenced in yard!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wow that is a lot of work! Amazing job! Is that hard wood or laminate? I want to lay hardwood in my house and have never done it before.

Congrats and Happy Birthday!!!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Happy Birthday to you..........and what a great present to yourself!!!! That was a neat idea to send them to the groomers for moving day. Glad you are in and settling down in your new home!!!:chili:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Happy Birthday and WOW what a great gift...gonna be hard to top!!! Love the work you've done...hope to see more pics when you are ready!!! Am in real estate with my hub and I love seeing houses/what people have done with them... Enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
13,444 Posts
wow, good for you. Congratulations on the new home. It's a lot of work but fun work, especially when you get help. Love the floors and I'm looking forward to doggy/backyard pics when you have time.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
We give ourselves the best gifts, don't we? Back when I had been dating...lol...whenever there was a breakup, it seemed to coincide with a major purchase. New house, new car...I was planning on purchasing said items BEFORE the breakups, but I did have a few friends comment that maybe next time it would be cheaper if I just bought myself a ring.:HistericalSmiley:

I love your new house and can't wait to see all the antics of H&D in their new home.:wub:

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY:chili::chili: Way to go!!! How exciting. Great job renovating. We renovated our apt about three years ago and it's miraculous what changes you can make. And we did move a wall in our kitchen. (When I say we though I meant we hired people to do it. :brownbag:But they were on time and on budget.) People nearly fell over when they saw the old and then the news. Good luck and again -- what a great present for yourself.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.