Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
I do agree, probably a bit big for the little guy. On the vendors portion of the forum here, there are wonderful vendors who can advise you just the right harness for Dolce.

(gosh, he's so cute :) When is his birthday (just curious)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it's to big. The holes for the front legs should lay flat against the chest area. Your harness looks like you can fit a hand in there and pet his chest. I'd get a smaller size.
yeah it is i guess i didnt know that , that was the smallest one.

can u guys suggest a good one?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do agree, probably a bit big for the little guy. On the vendors portion of the forum here, there are wonderful vendors who can advise you just the right harness for Dolce.

(gosh, he's so cute :) When is his birthday (just curious)
oct 12 hes three days after mine :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use the Buddy Belts and LOVE them!! Mitzy is (and I say this with love) a CRAZY walker!! I needed something sturdy but non matting and someone turned me on the BB's and I don't think I'll ever use any other harness :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I use the Buddy Belts and LOVE them!! Mitzy is (and I say this with love) a CRAZY walker!! I needed something sturdy but non matting and someone turned me on the BB's and I don't think I'll ever use any other harness :thumbsup:
Does one of the vendors here sell the Buddy Belts?

HUGz! Jules

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Better change his harness. It does look big on him.

He is a cutie btw:wub:

I would stay away from Puppia because they tend to slip out of them.
You know Maggie, this isn't the first time I read this about Puppia! Few weeks ago, someone else mentioned the same. I already started to wonder when I first read it!! my malts use this harness. We started using it a year and half ago. My maltese never slipped out of their Puppia harnesses (so far) - Not even close to slipping out. The harnesses fit them very well even if they saw a cat walking and pulled on theirs - it holds on them.
My malts have the original design ones (first harness design that came out from Puppia).. it looks similar to these

I tell you, nothing can be more scary than having your malt slipping out of the harness. I went through that with Snowy back in 2008 with a not so good harness actually (I was attracted to its color), saw it getting a little lose from time to time, adjusted it each time it got lose, but no chance for adjusting I got that day when Snowy escaped out of it - really don't want to go through that experience again. That is why I was careful to choose their next harnesses, did a careful search, color didn't matter, security to the fluff was what I was looking for until I found Puppia, then keeping an eye on their Puppia to see if it was getting lose and need tightening from time to time. But never I had to tighten their Puppia harness. It was and always looks so fitting to them - hold them securely.

hhmmm!!! but I have to admit that I now consider changing it for them after reading few comments about it (although we really haven't experienced seeing them getting lose or even close to getting lose).

Kat

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
If you would like a decent step-in harness for a small amount of $$, Walmart has them. They carry all different sizes (from Toy sized - huge...my two as adults wear the size Small) and are adjustable -- you will want to properly measure the largest part of his chest (usually almost right behind their front legs). Sometimes, to get the most accurate measurement, I take about 4 measurements and use the biggest one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.