Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-family:Times">I read in an aricle that it is best to feed your pup/dog canned food. So my question is...What is a good brand of canned puppy food?
Anyone out there ever try Authority lamb and rice canned puppy food? What do you think about it?</span>

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
We feed Beastie canned and dry - we leave kibble out all the time for him (we're using "Blue" puppy food currently), and I give him wet food twice daily. I'm still trying different canned ones, because he never seems too thrilled with them, but the last one I bought was....darn, can't remember the name but can see the label in my mind. It's kind of a salmon colored label. He really enjoys this. I've never tried Authority. I think.

I think using kibble and wet is best. They need to crunch and use their teeth, too. Also, the kibble seems to contain more nutrients than the canned foods.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Carol Ann@May 9 2005, 08:46 PM
We feed Beastie canned and dry - we leave kibble out all the time for him (we're using "Blue" puppy food currently), and I give him wet food twice daily. I'm still trying different canned ones, because he never seems too thrilled with them, but the last one I bought was....darn, can't remember the name but can see the label in my mind. It's kind of a salmon colored label. He really enjoys this. I've never tried Authority. I think. 

I think using kibble and wet is best. They need to crunch and use their teeth, too. Also, the kibble seems to contain more nutrients than the canned foods.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61274
[/QUOTE]

<span style="color:gray">
How are they liking Blue? Your talkin about the Buffalo Blue brand thats sold in Petsmart right? Im thinking of getting it for Peaches because shes not too thrilled about the Wellness dry puppy food I've been giving her.
It has a list of great ingredients but I think it may lack good tasty flavor.</span>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts