Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
"Alpha" is more or less "dominant". If you dog believes it is the alpha, then it thinks it is in charge, not you. Dogs require leadership and if you do not assume the role, then they will.

Sorry, can't answer the "bitch" question!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I believe the word bitch was developed for a female dog before it ever became an insult. So essentially calling someone a bitch is like calling them a female dog! Ya know...like people say "She's a real dog" like she's unattractive or whatever.
The word just evolved and took on more and more meanings.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Brittany Lot-you're right! It was developed before it became an insult-Actually, female dogs, in heat or pregnant have a rep for being a little nasty-that's where the insult comes in.

However, I find Bitchiness to be simply a way of life for me...lol!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Airmid@Dec 14 2004, 01:18 PM
Brittany Lot-you're right! It was developed before it became an insult-Actually, female dogs, in heat or pregnant have a rep for being a little nasty-that's where the insult comes in.

However, I find Bitchiness to be simply a way of life for me...lol!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23033
[/QUOTE]

LOL-are you referring to yourself?! That is hilarious..I am sure my seventh grade students and my husband would say the same abuot me too!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
BITCH - "...bitch (Old English 'bicce') having meant female dog since before the 10th century and an immoral woman since the 15th. By the 1780s 'son of a bitch' was one of the most offensive and common American insults. By the 1890s, however, American men could also use the term familiarly, as in calling an old friend, 'You old son of a bitch you.'... 'Son of a bitch' was used so often by World War I American soldiers as an expletive or intensive (meaning 'God darn' or 'god damned'), that Frenchmen called them 'les sommobiches.'"

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i wish they'd give a new term to female dogs. maybe like: "female dogs". LOL. because they dont call male dogs "whores" or "bastards". LOL.

i hate the term bitch.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
and why do female cats get the nice term "queen"

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Great picture of the Bitch pills, Marj. LOL!!! Sometimes my family would swear I was taking those....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Dec 15 2004, 09:51 AM-->
Originally posted by Caesar's [email protected] 15 2004, 09:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-LadysMom
@Dec 14 2004, 12:38 PM
This always gives me a laugh when I page through my cataogues!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23051

LOL! Too funny!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23401

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if those would work for me?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23426
[/B][/QUOTE]
aaaahhhhhh!
haha that is so bad!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts