Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
One of my daughters cancelled her wedding five months before. We had purchased the dress and paid the deposit for the place hosting the reception. Funny, but we paid $1000 a week before the cancellation to set the reception, but we could not get any of our deposit back even though I'm sure they could have easily rebooked that date. The owner was a friend of the groom to be's mom.
In my daughter's case, she had started dating Tom her freshman year in college. They dated through her undergraduate years, and into graduate school. He was finishing his last year of med school five years into their relationship, and she realized that she just needed time to be a kid. She was 21. Her dad and I were so happy. Since then, she has had many wild adventures -- all G rated -- climbed a mountain in Africa, ran the Boston marathon, did an Iron man, went to Hawaii, toured Europe, and now has a wonderful man in her life, and is planning her wedding. Tom has finished his residence, has married, and his wife has finished med school, and they are expecting a baby. It worked out best for all here.
I'm just thankful my daughter had the courage to do what she did.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.