Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the Maltese dogs on Dogster.com all have the same weight 1.10. Is this a coincidence or is it that they are all shy of their weight ? Pixie is 8 months old, what should her correct weight be.?

Kieran

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
maltese standard for full grown dogs is 6-8lbs or something. in the dogster website...people are putting 1-10lbs. because their dogs fall in that weight class. when sprite and ellie were 8 months old...they were around 3-4 lbs. i think. full grown they're 5.6 lbs and 7.8 lbs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doctorcarthy,
I thought all the Maltese dogs on the webb site were 1.10, didnt relise it was in a weight class of 1lb to 10lb, how silly of me.

Kieran

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not yet, I hope to borrow a digital camera tonight and we will try to put them on tomorrow.
Kieran

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I said Pixie is 8 months old and I weighed her on the bathroom scales the other day and she came in at just over 6lbs. I must buy a digital scales because the standard one might not be that accurate. A small bit concerned about her weight she may be a small bit over weight.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I can't wait to see the pictures!
Casper is 5 months old and the the last time he went to the vet he weighed 5 lbs. 8 oz. He goes to the vet tomorrow, and I want to get him weighed. I think he feels abut the same as last time, though.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Sampson is about 10#'s but healthy and Maggie is maybe 5#'s soaking wet

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
The only thing to worry about would be if they are a healthy weight. You want them to be not fat, or too thin. The size they grow to be in height will determine that. Of course if you are showing there is a limit.

Frosty varies between 10-11 lbs. and not an oz. of fat on him. He's just a big boy.
Dee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts