Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
i'll look up lucy's vet paper things if you don't get an answer

i'm curious, though, why your breeder is letting you take the puppy at 11 weeks when she says she lets pups go at 12 weeks as per the code of ethics on her website? i'm sure i missed something; just wondering

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I would make sure to have documentation from your breeder's vet regarding when Rosie received her shots. Your breeder should provide you with the vet records. The shot record should include the label from the vial as proof of what your baby was given.

Your vet should be able to advise you when to bring her in for shots.... Be sure to take her in for a check up as soon as possible after getting her and that would be a good time to ask about the shots. I brought in a list of questions to discuss with the vet during that first visit because in all the excitement, I was afraid I'd forget something.....

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by angel+Jun 26 2005, 07:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-puppylucy
@Jun 26 2005, 07:44 PM
i'll look up lucy's vet paper things if you don't get an answer

i'm curious, though, why your breeder is letting you take the puppy at 11 weeks when she says she lets pups go at 12 weeks as per the code of ethics on her website? i'm sure i missed something; just wondering

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75389
I guess you didnt see my other posts...well she wanted my pup to go home at like 8 or 9 weeks! She lies to make herself look good, we convinced her to let our puppy home at 11 weeks for a more healthy dog, but shes asking for more of the money since we put a deposit, well thats basically the story! Thanks, you dont have t look through the vet papers, I dont want to put you through a hassle!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75395
[/B][/QUOTE]

oh my gosh~! what a horrible woman
i hope little rosie is healthy and without problems.

her website was so impressive, too.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by angel+Jun 26 2005, 07:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Jun 26 2005, 07:55 PM
I would make sure to have documentation from your breeder's vet regarding when Rosie received her shots. Your breeder should provide you with the vet records. The shot record should include the label from the vial as proof of what your baby was given.

Your vet should be able to advise you when to bring her in for shots.... Be sure to take her in for a check up as soon as possible after getting her and that would be a good time to ask about the shots. I brought in a list of questions to discuss with the vet during that first visit because in all the excitement, I was afraid I'd forget something.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75399
The breeder takes us to the vet directly after we pick our puppy up and she goes with us to her vet (not ours). I'm sure the vet will tell us, but I was just wondering. The breeder will give us the vet records, I'm 99.9% sure
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75403
[/B][/QUOTE]

so i dont really know much about this but i wouldn't trust this woman's vet if she lied to you about her ethics or whatever
you should insist on going to a vet of your choice

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by angel+Jun 26 2005, 08:58 PM-->

The breeder takes us to the vet directly after we pick our puppy up and she goes with us to her vet (not ours). I'm sure the vet will tell us, but I was just wondering. The breeder will give us the vet records, I'm 99.9% sure
[/B][/QUOTE]

That is fine that she is taking Rosie to her vet but you must take Rosie to YOUR own vet to get a truly unbiased assessment of Rosie's health. I'm sure she gives her own vet a ton of business and even though he/she may be totally ethical, it is not the same as going to the vet of your choice. That is the standard contract info that I am used to... to take the puppy to the vet of your choice within five days of purchase, etc.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by angel+Jun 26 2005, 07:58 PM-->

[/B][/QUOTE]
You have to go to her vet? That doesn't sound right. You are supposed to go to a vet of your choice.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
She will need her next DHPP (no lepto, no corona) 3-4 weeks after her last one. The breeder should provide you with the records of when she received. It. She should be vaccined probably twice more after you give her (last one being at or after 16 weeks). Depending on when the vacc were started, it ends up being 3-4 total DHPP. Rabies some time later (usually between 4 and 6 months). Bordetella is optional. If she goes to the groomer or training class, most require bordetella. The intranasal vaccine could be given any time around 12 weeks or later.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
In both cases (with Shrek and Sylphide), they went to a final visit to the breeder's vet a day or two before coming home with us, and when we took them home we were given the vet records along with their registration papers.

We then took them immediately for a puppy check by our vet (same day or the next day after we got them), even though they weren't due for their next set of shots.

Both my vet and I like to spread the remainder of their puppy shots over every two weeks from 12-16 weeks or so, rather than give them their final set of shots all at once, because they are so tiny. This costs me a little more (not much, though), but I feel it is worth it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jun 26 2005, 09:23 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 07:58 PM

[/QUOTE]
You have to go to her vet? That doesn't sound right. You are supposed to go to a vet of your choice.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75424
[/B][/QUOTE]

Do you have to pay for that visit?
I would have her pay if you have to go to her vet...

Good Luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts