Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the middle of the night she wimpered a little and I put her on the floor because I thought she had to go to the bathroom and since she always wakes me up to put her near her litter box to go, I figured that's what she wanted. When I put her on the floor, she crawled under my bed and slept til morning. In the morning, usually when I wake up, she gets up with me and follows me around but this morning she stayed under the bed. WhenI pulled her our and placed her in her litter box to remind her to go pee, she sat in it and then laid down in it. Then when I tried to distract her with treats she did not respond. She wouldn't eat and then I decided to take her out for a bit. When I came back, I had to leave her for about 2 hours so I left some food for her and water. When I came home, I saw her food was barely touched and she had vomited. She did not go #2 and had not gone since the night before. Also when I return from leaving her she usually goes CRAZY, but not today...she was very lethargic and uninterested in the fact that I was home. So I brought her to my brother's house and fed her here and she ate a little bit and drank a good amount of water but wont go #1 or #2. All she wants to do is sleep. I called the vet and they said that if she eats and can keep the food down, its a good sign.
The thing is, I just recently moved into my new place (about 6 days ago) and I have left her home alone before, but this is the first time she is acting like this. I got scared thinking maybe something is stuck in her stomach not allowing her to poo. I saw carrot chunks in her vomit, but I know the carrots are not a problem because she was pooing before and there were carrot pieces in the feces (not to gross you guys out or anything). Should I be super worried or is this just a case of puppy moving blues???

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
No, this probably is not puppy blues.... it sounds to me like she doesn't feel well. If either of mine were acting like this, I would take them to the vet pronto. If she has carrots in her poop then she is having trouble digesting them. If it were me, I would not give them to her anymore or would instead give her soft, cooked ones.

I am surprised your vet did not want to see her and at least take her temp, vital signs, listen to her stomach, etc. If she is not totally herself tomorrow, you should take her to the vet.

BTW, make sure she is getting plenty of water so she won't get dehydrated. How old is she?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
a puppy that small...i would have had her come in...when these little ones wont eat and are throwing up, they can dehydrate quickly. i would take her to the vet.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I think I would be taking her to the vet to rule out anything sinister. How old is she? You say you moved into a new place, have you checked to see if there may be something there that is making her ill, like cleaning agents on the floors etc.
Perhaps like you say she is not happy about moving, but I would still have her vet checked to be on the safe side.
I do hope she is ok and back to her normal little self soon.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You're getting good advice here. I just wanted to give kisses to lil Bambi and hope she gets well soon.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Hope Bambi is feeling better. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fortunately Bambi is back to her old self again. She kept vomiting carrots and I think she just didnt take too well to them. The day after she was back to her self. Now she is all over the place again. Thanks for all your words of comfort and support. you guys are the best!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
That' great news!!! I give Cha Cha tiny amounts of dried veggies in her food Merrick Puppy Plate. She poo's them out as well, but so far I have not had problems as she is absorbing all the vitamins and minerals and releasing the waste products of the carrots. Please keep us posted!

Jellybn1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts