Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have two things that are bothering me and I need to vent about them...

First off, some one keeps stealing my husband's lunch at work!
The days it gets stolen are the days I pack it with a yummy lunch! Last night I packed it with two pork chops that I had flattened and rolled with an apple stuffing. I don't know if I should be angry or flattered that they like my cooking.
My husband was working in the factory and all factory workers shared the fridge and someone was stealing it so we went out and bought a lunch box that you could put a lock on (seriously, how sad is that?). A month ago he got a promotion (
) and moved into the offices. In the offices they have their own fridge so he figured it was safe to take the padlock off (there are only 15 people in the office). Well someone stole it again today.

The second thing I am ticked about is this "friend" I have. She is one of those fair-weathered friends who only has something to do with you when it suits her. Well anyway, I haven't spoken to her since January when she blew me off. Fine, I decided that was it with her and I had it. Since then, I have heard nothing about her or from her. Yesterday she IMs me to tell me all about her new house (basically brag to me) and that they are having an open house. Now I know her well enough to know why she IMed me--she wants to get back in good with me so I come to her open house and bring her a gift (yes, I am sure of this, that is the kind of person she is).

Anyway, how low can people go? People just make me so mad! Thanks for listening to me vent!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
LOL! The lunch stealing really made me laugh! I might even be tempted to steal that kind of Betty Crocker meal!!! Even leftovers!
That sounded really yummy!!!!

Anyway, sorry to laugh, but it tickled me...

I had a friend that did that with the house too....DON'T GO!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Wow, lunch thieves...that is just wrong! I love my food, and if someone kept stealing it I would be quite annoyed. Just a thought, maybe you should cook something really gross (on purpose) and teach this thief a lesson. Or....maybe put a fake bug in it? Its Halloween you know, there are losts of things you could do to discourage this weirdo.

As for your friend, I totally get it, I also have a "Friend" like that. Hang in there. HAve a great weekend just to spite these meanies

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by bellasmommy@Oct 14 2005, 03:59 PM
Wow, lunch thieves...that is just wrong!  I love my food, and if someone kept stealing it I would be quite annoyed.  Just a thought, maybe you should cook something really gross (on purpose) and teach this thief a lesson.  Or....maybe put a fake bug in it?  Its Halloween you know, there are losts of things you could do to discourage this weirdo.

As for your friend, I totally get it, I also have a "Friend" like that.  Hang in there.  HAve a great weekend just to spite these meanies

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109746
[/QUOTE]

Add EX-LAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or some of the Fiberful stuff that doesn't taste!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Oh Nicole, do I have the ultimate cure for the phantom lunch thief. This very same thing used to happen where I worked before coming here to the US. It wasn't actually my lunch but someone elses, a friend of mine. Now this is what we did and not only did we cure the culprit of theft but also we found out soon after his lunch break that it was him. We put the seeds from the hottest chillis
that we could get inside her lunch where it wasn't visible and once he got a mouthful of the offending matter he was arunnin for the cold water in full sight of the entire lunch canteen.
Now you will have to get hubby to hide his real lunch on the day of course.
I will say you should be complimented on the theif's taste for your cooking but there is nothing more annoying than looking forward to your own yummy lunch and when you get there it is gone. I also have this hot sauce that we bought here at the Bald Eagle display, and I had to sign a disclaimer to actually buy it. I kid you not if your theif got a taste of this stuff he would be cured for life. One drop is enough to heat a big pot of chilli and two or three makes it too hot for my hubby, that stuff is very hot. The web site for it is www.deathsauce.com
As for your friend and her new house, I don't know what to suggest there, but maybe she is offering you her friendship by inviting you or she is doing as you suspect. If you are not really interested in going then I would just suggest you have other plans on that particular day and that you are sorry you won't be able to attend.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Maybe you better e-mail Rachel Ray and tell
her she needs to put a warning on her recipe's

:excl: Warning: These recipes have caused leftover lunches to get stolen.

Sorry I don't mean to laugh but I couldn't help myself.

About the friend I know exactly what you mean. I just had the same situation
happen in June an old friend that we have lost touch with called and we talked a
little and I was just happening to have my daughter's 4 year old birthday party the
following weekend and told her to come it would be great to catch up. Needless
to say I was not expecting her to TAKE OVER my 4 yr. old party by announcing
that
#1 She was getting married (and if that wasn't bad enough)
#2 She was preagnant

Needless to say since that day once again I haven't heard from her since and
in my book I am through with her.
I don't understand why people do this either but boy it just irks a person.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I'm sorry, but just had to laugh about the lunch thing. Please don't spread the word about the type of lunches that you are packing. Jeez! Are you trying to make all of us look bad? Seriously, are you saying that the thieves are looking into the bag and only stealing on the good days? I kind of like the chili pepper idea. I have a mean streak.

We all have a fair weather friend. Many of us have probably been one at some time or another - not on purpose, but because it was convenient. If you don't want to pursue the friendship then don't go. If you want to give her another chance then go and have a good time (but don't spend much money on a gift!).

Have a great weekend. Sorry you are having a bad day, but glad you have a place to vent....

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Who would steal lunch!!!! :lol: Just cant believe that, your food must be that good!!! Next time pack it with somethng extra inside

Good luck with your friend

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
My children had the lunch thing happen to them when they were in junior high. The thief got caught with the food in her hands. I called the principal because it continued to be a problem. She appointed an "honor counsel" to handle such issues, and she appointed the "thief" to be the head of it. I wish I had thought of the pepper thing at the time. This is the same principal who covered up child abuse and wouldn't work with the authorities when we reported it was happening. Thank goodness, she got fired before the year was over.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone! I agree about the lunch. I think it is funny too, but annoying! I have some hot sauce somewhere, I think it is called "Hottest darn Sauce Ever!" Ohhh that poor person is gonna get it! HAHAHA!

And the "friend"...I wasn't planning on going to her open house. I will send her a gift because she did come to Toby's birthday party last year, but then I feel after that, I owe her nothing more!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I had to laugh too about the stolen lunch. Of course for your husband it's not funny. I like the idea of the hot sauce or chilli peppers.
As for your so called "friend", just ignore her. Unfortunately there are a lot of those kind of people.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Maybe even add a "note" of warning into the lunch one day...
That would be a HOOT!
You are so creative Nichole, I am sure you could come up with something really GOOD!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Oct 14 2005, 04:03 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-bellasmommy
@Oct 14 2005, 03:59 PM
Wow, lunch thieves...that is just wrong!  I love my food, and if someone kept stealing it I would be quite annoyed.  Just a thought, maybe you should cook something really gross (on purpose) and teach this thief a lesson.  Or....maybe put a fake bug in it?  Its Halloween you know, there are losts of things you could do to discourage this weirdo.

As for your friend, I totally get it, I also have a "Friend" like that.  Hang in there.  HAve a great weekend just to spite these meanies

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109750
[/B][/QUOTE]
That'll get 'em!!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie+Oct 14 2005, 06:47 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2005, 04:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-bellasmommy
@Oct 14 2005, 03:59 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109750

[/QUOTE]
That'll get 'em!!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109801
[/B][/QUOTE]

As for your friend... If she is not a real friend . I would not waste my time or money on her. I would have wrote her off years ago.. but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
That happens in our office all the time. We stoped bringing things to put in the fridge.

They will take our toperware too.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
LMAO! OMG, when you told me about your hubby's lunch, and I told you about what happened to my hubby....OMG, you didn't tell me he used a community fridge and you had a lock on his lunch box too!! GEEZ!! At least his lunch box didn't get stolen lock and all!! BUT, I would take the stolen lunch as a MAJOR compliment...they MUST like your cooking! I vote for the hot sauce idea too! THAT aught surprise the heck outta them!!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by lethalfire@Oct 14 2005, 04:16 PM
  Maybe you better e-mail Rachel Ray and tell
her she needs to put a warning on her recipe's

:excl: Warning: These recipes have caused leftover lunches to get stolen.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109759
[/QUOTE]
Funny you say that because I was thinking about writing her and telling her that! :D

Originally posted by Scrappy@Oct 14 2005, 05:56 PM
Oh, my do you spoil your husband LoL I read your post out to my DH and all he focused on was the lunch you made for your hubby 
  Boy do I look bad. 
  I only put in little love notes to dress up what could be considered fairly boring lunches

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109804
[/QUOTE]
I don't make his lunch everyday, but it seems that they only steal it when I do make it! I don't know if I should be mad or flattered!

Do you know how long it took me to hand flatten those chops and make the apple dressing? I think that is what I am most mad about.

Originally posted by Chelsey@Oct 14 2005, 08:14 PM
That happens in our office all the time. We stoped bringing things to put in the fridge.

They will take our  toperware too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109829
[/QUOTE]
They stole his Tupperware last week as well! He stepped out of the break room to run to get papertowels to dry it and when he came back it was gone!

In all honesty, I part of it is funny, part of it is sad (he happens to work with some very poor people, so if that is why they are stealing it, then he can go without a meal) and part of it annoys me!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Actually, the stolen lunch problem is more common than you would think!! Must be alot of hungry people out there!! My honey had a lot of trouble with his lunch coming up missing for a while as well. Finally One day I sent in some of those "soup cups" to put in his fridge at work with a note on them for the person who kept stealing his lunch to please take the soup cup not his lunch!!!! His lunch stopped dissappearring!!!!!! Every now and then a soup cup would be gone and we would just replace it. I guess no one likes to be hungry!!!

As for the fairweather friend, I would just Im her back and say, "how nice" and let it go.

More and more I like my dogs more than people!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts