Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Schuster is our oldest malts name. I guess you can say we copied his name because a friend of ours mother was going to give us a puppy once and it's name was Schuster, and something happened to where she got confused about us wanting the dog and he ended up going to a new family. But, we LOVED that name, it was one that we'd never heard before... Schuster, (Prounounced Shoe-Ster)

Memorie Grace came from my girlfriend, my wife just don't know it yet!! haha
JUST KIDDING!!!!!! She'd KILL me if she knew I said that. Grace was actually my wife's idea, but she wanted it to be her middle name, and I was sitting down at work with paper pen writing words/names spelled differently, yet could be comprehended as intended, and Memorie just sorta found its way on the tablet, thus forming the name Memorie Grace.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Apr 17 2005, 05:15 AM
Memorie Grace came from my girlfriend, my wife just don't know it yet!! haha
  JUST KIDDING!!!!!! 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53418
[/QUOTE]

Ahhh that is so bad!!!
haha. Caesar was named by my husband, who is a history teacher. He wanted Caesar since the Maltese originated in the Malta Islands, which was a part of Italy.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
A while back another thread was started on this topic but it would be hard to find in a Search because the title is vague... here it is in case anyone wants to see it... Dog's Name Thread

Here is my post from that thread:

My first Malt's name was Rosebud and when she was gone and it was time to get another, I started looking on the Internet for names and found a site that had names for babies. One of the names listed was "Kalika" and in parenthesis next to it it said (Greek: Rosebud). So, I chose it right away as a way to honor the memory of Rosebud, yet have a unique name for Kallie. So, even though her formal name is Kalika I never call her that. I meant to spell "Kallie" as just "Kali" but somewhere along the line, I forgot about that so it ended up "Kallie".

Catcher is named for the character "Catcher Block" from the movie Down With Love. It's one of my favorite movies and in the movie Catcher is such a mischievous and lovable bachelor with a sparkle in his eyes and I thought that would be a cute name for my male. I named him as soon as I put the deposit down on him and the name fits him perfectly.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Gentile Snow Flurry came from Flurry being such a gentle little thing! Spelled gentile for Christian which is my human sons middle name. After all Flurry is my adopted son.

Sassy's real name is Diamond in the Ruff, just liked the play on words. The way she speaks back gave her the nicname Sassy.

Benji my daughter named because she said he looks like a Benji so I let her do the honors of naming him.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sprite is from rainbow brite...the white thingys BREED are sprite's BUT...the white ones name is "twink". and i didnt find that out till a couple months later.
so sprites name was supposed to be twink.

elllie: her real name is Ellie-phant. because she's a lucky white elephant.

gruffi: from Gummi Bears cartoon--gruffi was the mean one. but you know hes really sweet.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley's name came from a Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movie. There was a Golden Retriever in there named Brinkley. I like the name.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by Tyler's Sis+Apr 17 2005, 08:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-doctorcathy
@Apr 17 2005, 08:49 AM
gruffi:  from Gummi Bears cartoon--gruffi was the mean one.  but you know hes really sweet. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53457
Gummi bears cartoon! Hah! Is it old or something?

My mom named Tyler. THE END.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53543
[/B][/QUOTE]

" Gummi Bears ... bouncing here & there & everywhere! High adventures that beyond compare..." :D :D :D I LOVED that cartoon!!!

Tyler's Sis you don't remember it?

http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/gummi.html

My fav was Cubbi

·
Registered
493 Posts
Abby's name is Kevanthe Abigail Windsor

I don't actually know where I got it from LOL

I always liked Abby as a name, Windsor is after royalty of course..... and I figured if you have Windsor as your second name it'd have to be Abigail not Abby....

Fits her perfectly - she really does think she's royalty! LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
My daughter wanted to mane her Lola and she was much like a little diva so we named her Princess Lola.

My boyfriend suggested Lucci and I loved it!! So he is now Prince Lucci!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm not really sure where I came up with Angus. I'm originally from Cape Breton Island (Nova Scotia, Canada) and the Island's heritage is very, very much Scotish. As a result, Angus is a pretty common name among men of my parents' generation. My maiden name is MacEachern (gee, can you tell I'm Scotish too? :lol: ), and I figured Angus was as good a Scotish name as any.

It's a funny, quirky name, but masculine just the same. So for our little boy, I wanted a good boy name. Angus was just that. :D

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I wanted my first home bred girl I show to have our state flower in her name--the magnolia...So, I have my kennel name and Ms Magnolia for her name. Her call name is Maggie. I will also be showing one of her brothers (the other one went to a show home in California), but can't get his name just like I want it. His call name is Dreamer, as his sire had Dreamweaver in his name. He is the one in my avitar. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
The name Massimo came from the movie The Wedding Planner . However I've come across many people who say "ohh...Massimo? You must be a soap opera fan". I just heard that again today at the Vet actually. I've never watched soap operas so I have no clue who they're talking about, which one is it on? And what is the character like? I'd kinda like to know....

-c

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Our pup's name comes from the capital city of Malta...Valletta. My husband came up with that one. The kids wanted to name her Snowy, Fluffy, Powder Puff, or some other similar name. While we were busy playing with the pup at the breeder's, he was telling the breeder her name. So it just stuck and it seems to fit her personality. My husband was torn between Valletta and Falcon (as in Maltese Falcon)...leave it to a man...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'm new here on the forum, but I am a long time Maltese dog owner. My first dog's name was Cubbie, named for the Chicago Cubs. He lived 13 years and 1 month...I lost him in January of 2003. I still miss him terribly. But, when Cubbie was 10 years old, we got ourselves a new Malt pup. His name is Wrigley (full name is Wrigley's Field of Dreams)
Wrigs was named for the Chicago Cubs' ballpark, Wrigley Field. By now, you've all figured out that I'm a diehard Cubs fan LOL (mainly because I married one). It also helps that we live in northern Illinois, about 2 hours from Chicago...so we do get to the city for some games each summer.

Wrigley is now 5 years old and has a pretty nice full coat AND he wears bows. So anybody thinking that you can't put bows on a boy, think again, my Wrigs has dozens upon dozens of bows (thanks to Ebay), and he wears them all (one at a time, lol).

Our next Maltese will also be named something related to the Chicago Cubs....quite possibly one of the streets surrounding the ballpark (Waveland, Sheffield, Clark and Addison). Right now I am leaning towards Addison, but a combined named of Clark Addison would suit me fine too. If I ever get myself a girl Malt, she will be named Ivy or Gracie. Ivy would be because of the ivy that covers the outfield brick walls, or Gracie for a former Cubs star Mark Grace (he was called Gracie). I could go on an on.....Ryno is another name I'm kicking around (for Ryne Sandberg, recently elected to baseball's Hall of Fame), hee hee, but I will stop now!

We love our Cubbies and we adore our Maltese dog Wrigley!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Hi and welcome to SM. My brother-in-law is from Chicago, so he, my sister and their kids are huge Cubs' fans, too..... so I know how YOU are!! Hope you enjoy it here!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, I guess I'll add my 2cents worth...

Before we got Deni we already had 3 dogs at home...Ally, Bogey and Corky. See the trend? I referred to them on other boards as A, B, & C. So it only followed that the next dog's name would have to start with a "D." So now I refer to them as A, B, C, & D!! Or maybe I should start calling them the "Alphabet Pups" or "Alpha Pups."

Deni got her name just because I liked it and I needed something short and different sounding from the other dogs. I don't know why, but I keep picking names with a "y" sound at the end!
Anyway, her full name is Hardy's Conquest of Denali shortened to Deni...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by mousern@Apr 18 2005, 10:23 PM
I don't know why, but I keep picking names with a "y" sound at the end! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54015
[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that the "y" sound at the end was a good thing for a dog's name..but I don't remember why.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts