Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I got this idea from the "other" site. I don't know if I can explain it well...but it is cute...especially for boys...and you could still put a clippy bow thing in it...it just doesn't stand up straight..so...here goes.

First, I put it in a small ponytail holder...I use the tiny rubbery latex kind, they are the easiest. Too much holder and it is hard to do-and these don't slip. Anyway...do a pokey up kind of top knot...but don't tighten it too much and try to pull it more toward the back and flat, rather than straight up. Then split the hair that is INSIDE the holder in half and make a hole...flip the end of the hair over and through the hole. My challenge is getting it all through without tangling it.

When you get it through...pull it tighter, like you would to tighten a regular pony tail. It looks really cute and lays flat on the head. I like it better for boys, as does my husband, who doesn't care for the bow and pony thing in his hair anyway. Brinkley's hair is long enough to do this, but I notice after long play...sometimes it flips back through the hole. A little more length would solve this problem.

For those with skin kid girls, or long hair themselves...I think this is called a topsy turvy pony tail or something like that. I do it with Emily's hair too. It makes it look like it is twisted somehow and hides the ponytail holder.

Let me know if this does/doesn't make sense. Maybe I can clarify. It has been a long day.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Sep 8 2004, 02:48 PM
hello tlunn, thank you for your detailed reply, i think i got a hold of it coz i tried your topknot last night ,but it doesnt look right,could u please clarify it for me again?
thank you so much! i hope today isnt a long day for you..

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=8642
[/QUOTE]

Tell me what it looked like, or wht didn't work. I will try to be more specific. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
This isn't going to help you but I just have to say....
I looked at the pics of Jongee with her hair in the top knots to try and see if I could do that with Zoe and Jongee is SO ADORABLE!
Just had to tell you!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D hehe thank you!
i love the way jongee just stays still until im done with her grooming, she doesnt move at all and makes it so easy for me..hehe
when i give her a kibble from her food bowl, she eats it and knows that eating a kibble means that im done and gets up and leaves..

ur brittany is soooo cute too!!!!
so white !!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Sep 8 2004, 05:36 PM
thanks for your reply again, i uploaded some pics i just took of jongee with her topknots..u could look in my photogallery and see for yourself if they look right, thank you!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=8660
[/QUOTE]

They look GREAT!
And you did double ones!!! I think it looks really cute on her. Nice for something different every once in a while. Like I said earlier, I really like it for boys. Keeps his hair back without having to wear a "bow". I keep telling hubby everytime he makes fun of Brinkley's ponytails or bows...that I need to get him a sister to dress up if he doesn't like it on Brinkley.

He is not going for it. <_<
Oh well. I will keep trying. One day he will say..."OK, just go do it and shut-up about it!!!"
I will be out before he can finish his sentence! LOL

Anyway, good job mee. They look good. And Jongee is beautiful...and so photogenic! I had to click on the pics in the gallery to enlarge so I could see the details...up close they are a hoot! Especially the close up one of her mouth! :D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you very much tlunn!
i finally have a new topknot style for jongee!!!
actually it takes me about 50 shots of photos to get at least 5 good photos of her..she doesnt stay still and its really hard to get good photos of her..

she kept rolling over today when i took her pics, thats how i got the close up of her mouth ^_^

how is brinkley's hair now? coz i remember u mentioning that he got a terrible haircut from the groomers last time..

and im sure u'll be able to put cute little bows in ur baby's hair too! ur husband will eventually give in..hehe

·
Registered
63 Posts
mee - rocco asked me to let jong-ee know he's got a crush on her now that she has her new 'do. She looks absolutely gorgeous! I wish Rocco would let me put a topknot in, but everytime I try, he gets into attack mode with the evil sheet monster!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Sep 8 2004, 11:26 PM
thank you very much tlunn!
i finally have a new topknot style for jongee!!!
actually it takes me about 50 shots of photos to get at least 5 good photos of her..she doesnt stay still and its really hard to get good photos of her..

she kept rolling over today when i took her pics, thats how i got the close up of her mouth ^_^

how is brinkley's hair now? coz i remember u mentioning that he got a terrible haircut from the groomers last time..

and im sure u'll be able to put cute little bows in ur baby's hair too! ur husband will eventually give in..hehe
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=8691
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I need to get some more pics taken. His face has grown out and he now LOOKS like a maltese!!!!

I just love it...hubby calls it his foo-man-choo....

He is adorable...and hates the camera, so picture taking is NOT fun!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts