Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get home and put the key in the door, I don't here any barking yet. I see a little head popping up from her pen looking in my direction.
When she knows its me, she starts going crazy barking with a toy in her mouth.
Ruffled bark sound! She jumps all over me following me around the house, still with a toy in her mouth. She just makes my day!!!! What kinda greeting do you get????

Peechie's Mom - Karen

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I usually get the two of them sprinting down the hallway and they jump and kiss and push each other out of the way and fight to be the first one picked up. I'm just glad they're little dogs because they would knock me to the ground if they were bigger.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Well we are usually home most of the time with Scooby but when we go to the store or somewhere he can't go we get the "what did you buy me" greeting and also the barking with excitement and cuddles and kisses, closely followed by the "what did you buy me" and the dancing on the back legs trying to see in the shopping sacks. We are going to have to stop though because Scooby has too many toys. We say that every time we buy one but we still feel guilty if we go out without him, and he makes sure that he looks at us in a way when we leave that tells us he is not happy about being left home hence the guilt trip.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Barking, howling, whining and when you finally bend down to pick him up he takes your finger in his mouth. Then he goes to get his piggy! He is just a knuckle head... And Ranger is barking the whole time from his crate!

·
Registered
831 Posts
As soon as I open the garage door they start barking. once they hear the car door close they stop barking, when I open the door they start going crazy - daezie usually carries something in her mouth a shoe, toy anything she can find
and tries to bark at the same time. Maya wiggles so much and jumps up and daown ohh and she also barks. Luna just waits quietly until is her turn to be petted

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Alex will run around and after me and bark, bark (asking where have you been ? you left me all alone) until I pick him up. Then I get kisses and he will smell my mouth. If packages are on the floor he will check them out.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I love this thread!

Jack only barks when I leave him in my room to go to class (or whereever). When I get back, it's dead-silent, I come in, open the bedroom door, and there he is, WIGGLING his BUTT like crazy and thrashing all around, jumping up on me and licking me all over, my face, my hair, my legs, whatever he can get!! :D
He doesn't bark though! Just jumps and loves on me all over! Then runs to the door to go outside -- he knows where to pee, all right!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Bella barks when she hears the garage door go up, and then she keeps barking and running around me until I sit down. She usually gets right in my face for awhile and then rolls over for her belly rub. After that she follows me around as if she can keep me from ever leaving again, if I didn't have to work, I might never leave.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Jessica if she pees all over when you come in, don't pet her, come in like nothing happened and ignore her until she calms down. She should grow out of this.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Chester barks and barks when he hears the car door shut, then chelsey joins in ... Then when we open the door chester does the mad dash with chelesy right behind him... he will run from the back door to the front door and jump up and down and run back and forth again ... and jump and give kisses.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Jolie used to be quiet when we came home. Sadie and Sassy, particularly Sassy, bark like crazy until I bend down and pet or pick them up. Jolie even barks a time or two these days. It sounds like Wild Kingdom here in Mississippi! Our house is on the water and is built a story off the ground. We park under the house and as soon as they hear the car door slam they all start with the barking.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
No barking at ALL at my house when I get home. My kids know that I like QUIET, not noise. There are bright shining eyes looking up at me adoringly and there is lots of jumping around. After I've washed my hands, I either sit on the floor or lie on the floor and say something like, "Who loves me?" "Give me some loving!" or something like that. That is their cue to bounce madly all over the place and all over me. A few minutes of that and then Sir N runs off to eat or get a comfy spot for a nap. Little C starts throwing her toy at me. If I tell them "That's enough" and then go to the computer, one will settle into my lap and the other one will either sleep somewhere else or eat or something like that.

I love our routine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts