Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Thanks again to EVERYONE for the advice and product information. I love seeing the pictures too! Nani's Mom where do you get Miracle Moisture? Is that a Christensen product? Theo's is better than when I was using puppy shampoos with the Spectrum10, but I do thin he could use added moisture. His coat just seems dry especially on the ends.
It is a Chris Christensen product. I get it from Amazon. This last time I opted for the gallon size of each and just refill the smaller bottles. Here is a screen shot of the shampoo bottle on Amazon.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Theo is my first maltese. His adult coat is quite thick, and tangles even with two a day combing and brushing. Here is a picture taken the day after a bath. We are growing out his hair around the eyes. I am using Chris Christensen Spectrum Ten Shampoo and Conditioner. Is there a daily spray or brushing product that you all use? We live in Florida and Theo's hair seems to get static electricity, and seem the more you comb and brush the woolier it gets? When he still had his thinner puppy coat it was easy to keep him free of mats, but honestly it seems like all I do now is try to keep them at bay. Do you have any tricks of the trade? How often do you all bath your pups? Any and all advice is appreciated. View attachment 275641 View attachment 275641
Theo looks like he has a beautiful coat. So cute.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Theo is my first maltese. His adult coat is quite thick, and tangles even with two a day combing and brushing. Here is a picture taken the day after a bath. We are growing out his hair around the eyes. I am using Chris Christensen Spectrum Ten Shampoo and Conditioner. Is there a daily spray or brushing product that you all use? We live in Florida and Theo's hair seems to get static electricity, and seem the more you comb and brush the woolier it gets? When he still had his thinner puppy coat it was easy to keep him free of mats, but honestly it seems like all I do now is try to keep them at bay. Do you have any tricks of the trade? How often do you all bath your pups? Any and all advice is appreciated. View attachment 275641 View attachment 275641
He is beautiful....what is his age?
Just got a new maltese puppy one week ago. She is almost 3 months.

·
Premium Member
5,821 Posts

I use Les Pooch on my girls. What I like is that you can mix with distilled water to change the strength of shampoo and conditioner according to the dogs coat while still hydrating, treating etc. enough. A lot of times if you water products down, they are not that efficient, so they leave the coat dirty or not hydrated.
Anyway, for what it’s worth this works for me.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts