Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are about to move into our new condo tomorrow and are planning on painting the living room. In our current place we painted a light yellow color with a matt finish. We want to stick with the color (creatures of habit) but are unsure about the finish.
We used Ralph Lauren matt finish here and it marks up pretty badly in the hallway - is eggshell a better option? We don't want anything shiny though, we like the look of matt.

Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
We always take Behr, either eggshell or satin enamel (they are not shiny, I like the matt finish too). I have all my doors and trim painted with Swiss Coffee satin enamel.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I LOVE Behr Satin enamel..but they do have a new finish..it's flat enamel that's scrubable...I LOVE it..it comes in a dark/pine green can.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
We are painting our daughter's condo right now. We brought home various quarts of paint, including Sherwin Wms, Behr, and Benjamin Moore. The one that gave us the best coverage was the new paint from Sherwin Wms. Marks clean up off of it amazingly well. Its really expensive, but its on sale through the end of April. We're painting over dark colored walls and Behr and BM were going to take 3 coats to cover. We're able to do 2 coats with SW. I can't think of the name of the paint, but it is better than their Superpaint. It comes in Flat and Satin so the flat would be better if you like a matte finish.

PS. I know very little about paint. I'm just basing my opinion on the walls and colors that we are painting over.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by Vikki and Audrey@Apr 21 2005, 05:20 PM
We are about to move into our new condo tomorrow and are planning on painting the living room. In our current place we painted a light yellow color with a matt finish. We want to stick with the color (creatures of habit) but are unsure about the finish.
We used Ralph Lauren matt finish here and it marks up pretty badly in the hallway - is eggshell a better option? We don't want anything shiny though, we like the look of matt.

Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks so much!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55039
[/QUOTE]

I think Satin is the best finish. It cleans up well but it not shiny.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are thinking of Benjamin Moore - has ayone tried it?
Good to know that the eggshell isn't shiny - maybe we will go with that. Decisions, decisions! Expensive ones at that - $1000 to paint our new place! Glad we have a condo and not a whole house!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Speaking of cleaning marks on walls. You have to try Mr. Clean's magic sponge. It works on everything, even marks that would never come off with anything else. It even cleans burned on marks on the stove that normally you have to scrub. Trust me, it is worth trying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts