Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mugsy is not interested in his food anymore. He never really loved it or gulped it down, but now, he seems to not want to eat it at all. He loves the cat food, but we keep that put up so I know he isn't filling up on that. We give him Eukunuba (however spelled). I changed to Lamb & Rice a while ago and it seemed to work at first. Does anyone know of a dog food (he's 8 months old) that tastes as good as cat food but is good for him?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
If you go to one of the pet stores that carries the higher quality pet foods like Innova, California Natural, Canidae, Avoderm, Wellness, etc. they should have sample bags for you to take home and try.

If he isn't getting into cat food, though, and doesn't want to eat, I'd worry that maybe something else is going on. Has he lost any weight?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
When this happened to us, we tried all kinds of food and tricks...and finally got him to eat Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by LadysMom@May 12 2005, 01:19 PM
If you go to one of the pet stores that carries the higher quality pet foods like Innova, California Natural, Canidae, Avoderm, Wellness, etc. they should have sample bags for you to take home and try.

If he isn't getting into cat food, though, and doesn't want to eat, I'd worry that maybe something else is going on. Has he lost any weight?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61910
[/QUOTE]

No, I don't believe he has lost weight. I can't say for sure though! I'm sure he's fine because he does eat it...eventually. Just doesn't seem to like it much. I will try one of the Brands you mentioned.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I probably shouldn't say this but when I read your title asking what tastes as good as cat food, CAT POOP immediately jumped in my head!
Sorry! Cat food and cat poop seem to be the preferred food of my little dogs. YUCK!

A good thing to know is Petco offers a guarantee on their premium pet foods (atleast where I live they do) Which means if your dog doesn't like the food you buy, you take it back no questions asked and they exchange for another brand. This came in very handy for me when Chloe had an allergy problem with the food we had her on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts