Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The daught of a friend of my family's (who served in Iraq) was telling us that when she was in Iraq a guy sleeping in her tent started screaming in the middle of the night. Evidentally a camel spider ate half his ear off.

Someone sent me a picture of a camel spider:
Camel Spider

That is freaking huge spider!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Nov 5 2004, 03:58 PM
OH my gosh I think i would throw up if i saw one of those in person.  :eek: I hate spiders they creep me out so bad!  I dont even like to get close enough to them to kill them, even the little ones, I scream and my husband comes and kills them....yuck :wacko:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15049
[/QUOTE]

Same here!!!! :ph34r:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HOLEY FREAKING MOLEY! DANG, that's not a spider! That's a freakin' MONSTER! EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

I saw an episode on fear factor where they had to stick there head in a box full of spiders. Can you imagine having to face a camel spider!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Hubby laughed like crazy when I showed him that...he knows how scared of spiders I am and how bad they give me the Heebey Jeebies!!!! He decided getting a rubber one of those would be hilarious!!!! <_<

·
Registered
162 Posts
HOLY CRAPOLA! Oh myyyyy goodnessss!
That was the most frightening thing ever! My husband was just like "What the CRAP are you looking at!?" He knows how afraid i am of bugs, too.
As he's jumping all around here trying to kill a fly that i keep yelping about. heh.

·
Registered
260 Posts
That was one U-G-L-Y Arachnoid !!!!!!!!!

Could almost make a meal on that sucker!!!!!!!!

That is ...if you were into 'Spider a'la mode'.... :eek:

Those poor fellas, they are really brave men.

God Bless them ALL

·
Registered
231 Posts

Origins: Yes, the photo displayed above does indeed show camel spiders encountered in Iraq, but it is not a fair representation of the creatures in that the angle of the shot makes them appear far larger than they are. Also, the claims made in photo's e-mailed accompaniment about camel spiders being flesh-eating anesthesia-injecting beasts are folklore, not reality. So worry not that those serving in our country's armed forces in Iraq are having to deal with man-eating creepy-crawlies the size of small cats.

Camel spiders, also known as wind spiders, wind scorpions, and sun scorpions, are a type of arthropod found (among other places) in the deserts of the Middle East. They're technically not spiders but solifugae (although, like spiders, they belong to the class Arachnida). Camel spiders are the subject of a variety of legendary claims, many of them familiar to Americans because they were spread by U.S. servicemen who served in the Persian Gulf War in 1991, and re-spread at the beginning of the Iraq War in 2003

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 5 2004, 05:27 PM
HOLEY FREAKING MOLEY!  DANG, that's not a spider!  That's a freakin' MONSTER!  EWWWWWWWWW!!!!! 

I saw an episode on fear factor where they had to stick there head in a box full of spiders.  Can you imagine having to face a camel spider!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15056
[/QUOTE]

I agree...IT'S A MONSTER. GROSS, HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my brother emailed me back. he said that he's seen dead ones. i have no idea how he deals with them. i just know that when he lived at home....he would ask my mom to kill the spiders and bugs!!! LOL :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Nov 16 2004, 11:14 AM
my brother emailed me back.  he said that he's seen dead ones.  i have no idea how he deals with them.  i just know that when he lived at home....he would ask my mom to kill the spiders and bugs!!!  LOL   :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16645
[/QUOTE]
haha, maybe cause now he can shoot them with a gun! haha j/k

THats how id have to kill those nasty things. No way would my feet get close enough to those to step on them :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts