Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all the cute pics of female maltese, but how do I make Ollie look like a boy? Is there a certain cut? People keep calling him "her". Someday I'll talk my hubby into letting me get another fluff and it will be a female I can dress up!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Put a blue bow in! ;) lol I'm dreading how much fuss people are going to give me when I get my little boy. He's going to be one of those men that are very secure with their masculinity.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I had a boy Maltese and I would put scarves on him, dress him in "manly" colors, and I didn't put bows in his hair but I sure wanted to. Hubby said, "boys don't wear bows." :HistericalSmiley: Other then trimming his eyelashes, I don't know what else you could do. He must be one of those "pretty" boys.:wub:

·
Registered
590 Posts
i keep paddy in a short puppy cut with no bows, and try to put in in "masculine" prints and colours (camo, racing stripes, black, blue, olive, green, etc.). i love getting tshirts and hoodies for him

... but he still gets "SHE'S so cute" about 50% of the time :p

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
The baseball sweater from Oscar Newman always does the trick for us! But I think being mistaken for a girl pretty much is par for the course for these white little angels.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Baci has bows and bands just not pink ones every other color fine with me and him.. When any one calls him a girl i tell them he is a boy and if they go further and say they got confused because of the bow I tell them he is gay .....

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kathym -- that is too funny! Will have to try that one!! Think I'm going to go try to find him an outfit tomorrow....like the Harley ones!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Short of getting a shirt that says, "I'm a boy, stupid!" I really don't know.:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: I have a camo harness for Tyler, blue leashes, black and brown sweaters, etc and everyone says, "Oh she's so cute." I'm tempted to just go with a pink carrier for my own taste rather than feel I have to have everything look so masculine.:thumbsup: They're gonna get it wrong anyway.:angry:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
One of Micky's vets is the worst offender. He always accidentally calls Micky "she" and "her". Then I correct him and he feels bad. Its like he doesn't even think, it just comes out that way or something. Kind of quirky, but I'm used to it.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
One of Micky's vets is the worst offender. He always accidentally calls Micky "she" and "her". Then I correct him and he feels bad. Its like he doesn't even think, it just comes out that way or something. Kind of quirky, but I'm used to it.
Becky - I'd be worrying a lot if that vet had already looked underneath Micky!:smrofl::smrofl:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Baci has bows and bands just not pink ones every other color fine with me and him.. When any one calls him a girl i tell them he is a boy and if they go further and say they got confused because of the bow I tell them he is gay .....
LMAO!! Or, he is in touch with his feminine side!:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I'm used to it with Riley since i kept him in full coat. When people commented that he's wearing bows, i would tell them to look more closely he's wearing boy bows! :)

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
I put Star in ribbons at times (special occasions), but most of the time he had tiny scrunchies, with tiny barrettes, that co-ordinated with the reversible scarves I made for him. He had teddy bears, dragon flies, lady bugs , and puppy dog barrettes. As for color, well he looked especially good in reds, turquoise, dark/royal blues, and purple. Some people thought he was a girl. I'd just say, "No, he's just a pretty boy."

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Aolani’s vet calls him pretty and mistakes him for a girl too. I think these dogs are just so pretty that the vets get so mesmerized and lose focus and forget that they are actually dealing with a boy J. Crystal sells a “Commando” vest in her store – here’s the link: http://stores.pamperedpetboutiquellc.com/-strse-522/Commando-Harness/Detail.bok and Posh Puppy has quite a few things too: http://www.poshpuppyboutique.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=camo&Search.x=15&Search.y=18

I’m planning on getting Aolani the camo booties for winter as he already has a coat, vest, sweater and shirt. Plan on getting him a jumpsuit or pants too. He loves to dress up J

1 - 19 of 19 Posts