Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have tickets to the USP GA golf tournament at Pebble Beach. Since I live in Arizona I am not use to the dampness. I also get cold easily anything lower than 66 plus the damp air I will be cold. We will be going on Sat. the 19th.

They have a ton of rules no cell phones at all. That rule I do understand. Purses can be no bigger than 8 inches by 8 inches.

If anyone has been there please give me some idea of what the weather there is like.

Thank you,
Deborah

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
of course I don't know anything about anything.....but I'd wear layers....so you can add them or peel them as needed.

ENJOY!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
of course I don't know anything about anything.....but I'd wear layers....so you can add them or peel them as needed.

ENJOY!!!!!!
That is so me I know nothing. I guess I will have to do that and thank you for the reply. :unsure:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Pat is SPOT ON... we used to live there and layers are the thing to do. Often can start the morning with fog which may then burn off. This is not the warm season in that area, so I would layer up, with the upper layers being warm. People would show up in shorts and t-shirts (thinking California) and later you'd see them shivering in the sweat shirts they had to buy to try to warm up :p It's gorgeous there - you will have a blast!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
My mom is just like you and has played pebble beach - anything under 70 degrees and she is freezing. Layers are definately the way to go - think about things that you can tie around your neck or waist if you get warm. Also a golf windbreaker type of jacket is good choice it will help keep the wind out better than a sweatshirt.

My mom usually does a short sleeved shirt with a long sleaved cotton sweater and then a golf windbreaker.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Hey!! I live on the Monterey Bay! :) Work in Carmel and live in Seaside.

The weather here has been crazy the last couple weeks. We've actually had rain, which is not normal after April. If you get cold under 66 bring a jacket. :) As it gets closer you can PM me and I'll let you know the weather.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
How long have you lived in Monterey? I sure miss it...been 6 years since we've lived there. Def one of the most gorgeous places on the planet...

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I've been here for 4 years. :) It definitely is gorgeous! I love driving down Hwy 1 every day looking out at the ocean, even if some days I can't see past the fog...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
We used to live about 2 blocks up from the Aquarium. I hear ya on that drive...amazing!!! Husband worked in Big Sur and we'd spend the weekends there... would have been fun if we were there at the same time so we could meet at the beach for a doggy play date! :) Sure miss it, living in Vegas :p

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
The weather this past weekend was amazing! It was super warm - so I hope it turns out that way for you this weekend too!

It looks like we are getting back to 'regular' weather again! This means morning will be chilly with fog, that will burn off around afternoon and warm up. Then when the sun starts to set it will cool down again with, more often than not, more fog. You'll need a jacket especially with the ocean breeze.

I hope you have a great time! I'm just hoping traffic isn't too bad ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts