Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using Elizabeth Arden's toner for oily/normal skin(blue bottle) for a long time. They sold it awhile ago at TJmaxx because they were getting rid of the old bottle design and they were about $10 for 13 oz. I bought about 6-7 bottles! LOL It worked so well. It had mattifying powders in there that helped with my oily skin issue (I have combo-skin). So now that I'm running low, I go to the counter and oh my gosh, it's $17 for half the size of the bottles I got!
I dont think it's right to pay 20 bucks for something who's main ingredients are water and alcohol. So, I was wondering what kind of toners do you guys use. I have combo-skin but winter it's way more dry and summer it's super oily. I just bought an alcohol-free toner from loreal. Wondering what you guys use and how much.

Anyone make their own? My bf looked at the ingredients and said it seems like something you can make at home.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I love clinique cleansing products. There is this one product they have called Active White foaming cleanser that I live by. However, I can't find it in stores anywhere! I have been buying up everyone that comes on ebay.

I also use Mary Kay toner.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I am cheap...I use Clean/Clear or Neutragena...
I also have combo skin, but am blemish prone.

·
Registered
219 Posts
DON'T LAUGH!!

I use Witch Hazel. It has a slight moisturing effect, while keeping my oil down to a minimum.

And I like the smell, AND it's 3.00 a bottle. (And you can use it for many other things too!

At 3 bucks a pop-if you don;t like it-after a week-toss it!!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I love Clinique too their #2 toner (purple color) works great for my oily and dry areas, but I also use clean and clear...depends how much $ I have

Airmid, my dad also swears by witch hazel...works without all the additives.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clinique is too drying for me. I think clinique is more aimed for teenagers. That's what I think about when I think of clinique. There toner is definitely too harsh for me. I think I've tried using witch hazel once but I forgot why I didn't like it. :/

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 16 2005, 06:15 PM
Clinique is too drying for me.  I think clinique is more aimed for teenagers.  That's what I think about when I think of clinique.  There toner is definitely too harsh for me.  I think I've tried using witch hazel once but I forgot why I didn't like it.  :/
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110319
[/QUOTE]
I guess you're right about the clinique...I'm 25 with a 15 year old's complexion
Never had a pimple until I turned 24

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I use arbonne products. Its main ingredient is water. It is very natural stuff. I use the cleanser, night cream and toner. I don't really use the motriezer but my mom lives by it. SHe also loves the wrinkle cream but i don't use it yet.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by Airmid@Oct 16 2005, 03:10 PM
DON'T LAUGH!!

I use Witch Hazel. It has a slight moisturing effect, while keeping my oil down to a minimum.

And I like the smell, AND it's 3.00 a bottle. (And you can use it for many other things too!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110316
[/QUOTE]
I use Dermalogica products for my skin and love them but they are very expensive--my esthetician(sp?) suggested I use Witch Hazel also for a toner--she swears by it and I love it!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Airmid@Oct 16 2005, 05:10 PM
DON'T LAUGH!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110316
[/QUOTE]

One of the toner's I used to use had witchhazel in it, and I can't remember which one....I am tempted to say Sea Breeze, but I don't know.

Little Peanut, don't feel alone-I am 32 and have ALWAYS battled my complexion. It is hereditary.... -_- Thanks for THAT one mom and dad!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Oct 16 2005, 06:37 PM
I use Dermalogica products for my skin and love them but they are very expensive--my esthetician(sp?) suggested I use Witch Hazel also for a toner--she swears by it and I love it!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110328
[/QUOTE]

Hey I use Dermalogica, too! I love their products. I use the Soothing Protection Spray as a toner.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I use Shiseido and Trish McEvoy products on my face. Shiseido doesn't have a toner, rather that have what they call softeners. I use the Hydro Balancing Softener, alcohol free, however they do have softeners that contain alcohol.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My husband (don't laugh) uses the Shiseido Men's collection. They have a 'HYDRATING LOTION' that is along the same line as a toner.

It's worked wonderfully for his skin and when I snuck a use, liked it as well.

However, for me, I Shiseido and also Biotherm products. I really like Biotherm.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just used Loreal's toner. Not bad. It doesn't hurt my face after I use it! I still have some of my e. arden toner. I wonder if it's ok to mix them? LOL It still has alot of the mattifying powder inside and Loreal doesnt have that in there.

I asked the Shiseido lady if they had toners and she just said no. She couldn't find it. I guess she was new. I totally love Shiseido. I use there night moisturizer. It is the BEST cure for winter dry skin! It is a lil thick but my face can get so dry during the winter that I have no emotion in my face.

I do like dermalogica products. My sister says if she ever opens a bigger business and start doing facials, she will use the dermalogica brand. I need to tell her to get me some. She gets a discount at the school she use to go to!

Do you guys ever read the ingredients? E. Arden had alot of extracts. Is that for smell or does it really do something to the skin? One of the ingredients was Carrot extracts.

I can't blame my parents too much for my skin. I wish I didn't have combo skin. I wish it was either oily or dry, that way I don't have to keep on changing products everytime the season changes. I don't really have an acne problem. But man, when I get a pimple, I get one of those big one that's has a life of its own. That ain't right. My mom gets that so I'll thank her for that.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I use Lancome makeups and their powder "dual finish" is very nicely mattefying... I love it. I use cheapy face soap (clearasil) and no toner... so I can't help with that... I remember using a Lancome toner one time with "mattifying powders" in it but it definitely cost WAY more than $17 so... no help there either

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CindySilver--HAHA Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
What toner do you use?,[/B]
oh, i thought this was going to be about printer cartridges
:lol:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Oct 16 2005, 06:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RubyJeansmom
@Oct 16 2005, 06:37 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110328
Hey I use Dermalogica, too! I love their products. I use the Soothing Protection Spray as a toner.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110348
[/B][/QUOTE]
I love that spray--I use it alot in the summertime to "spritz" my face lol....I'm running very low on products so I need to pick up a few things....I love doing that!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts