Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought home my precious fluff, who I named Cozette, last weekend :) She has been such a joy already! She's such a good girl. She is also very smart and very busy-- so I was wondering what toys other than stuffed squeaky ones do your fluffs play with most? I saw some on TV that were supposed to be educational but just caught the show for a second while my hubby was surfing from channel to channel. So far Cozette has played with my slurpee cup, a medicine cup, the cat's aluminum foil ball, and once or twice one of the million squeakie toys I bought for her. She is not interested in chew bones--I think that's because she would have to hold still! (she's pretty much like this ->:happy:all the time lol)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Bailey just plays with stuffed animals. I have seen on SM that some maltese like playing with balls that are actually made for cats. I have not bought one yet but I plan on it.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Matilda is addicted to one favorite ball, the one in my siggy. she has many stuffed toys but won't play with them unless I take ballie away:blush:

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Chloe favorites things to play with are an empty water bottle, an empty toilet paper roll and a lid from a can of hairspray poor thing doesn't have any toys at all to play with.:blink: :HistericalSmiley: The others don't really play with many toys, but sometimes Chloe likes to shake her toys around or carry them around in her mouth.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Butters loves playing with the stuffingless toys made from kong with a big squeeky in it! They're perfectly sized! He also loves playing with the cat balls that have a little bell in it. He'll run around for hours with it in his mouth because he likes the sound! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Alvin and Chloe play with all their little stuffed animals. Libby plays once in a while with a toy. Chloe loves the empty toilet paper rolls whe I let her have one but her daddy gets mad:w00t::HistericalSmiley:. Every morning Alvin goes to his Daddies pants that he left by the bed to see if he can find something to play with ie earbud, candy wrappers. Oh by the way it makes daddy mad:w00t::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: One time Chloe got his cell phone from his pants, I said she trying to call her Granny:HistericalSmiley: We just have so much fun in our house:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Bijou loves balls so much!! She chases them around the house by herself for hours! And she loves any other toy too, or just anything small like water cap, kleenex, etc.

Casanova doesn't play with toys too much. He just likes to wrestle with Bijou.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Hi! and Welcome to Spoiled Maltese. I guess I need to preface my answer with what goes on at our house. I have three malts.....and a silly yorkie boy (Tinker) from a puppy mill. Tinker has found that having a small stuffed squeaky toy in his mouth helps him relieve his stress level. All the other dogs have decided that Tink's well being is more important than their enjoyment.

Sooooo...every toy that enters our home is automatically Tink's. The more excited he is...the faster the toy squeaks. :blink: I'm sorry, he's just a sweet little knucklehead. As long as it squeaks....it's good.

....ummmmm.....what was your question??? :unsure::blush:.......:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Oh Pat, your little Tink sounds so precious:heart:

Congratulations on getting Cozette!

Olivea's favorite toys are the Caterpillar from Simply Fido (she loves to play fetch with it, make it squeak or shake it) and the small Planet Dog 'Orbee' ball with the rope attached. After I throw the ball she is able able to pick it up with the rope to bring it back to me (not sure she would be able to fit the ball in her mouth if it had no rope attached?) The other nice thing about this ball is that when it bounces it 'boing, boings' in all sorts of crazy directions due to the rope attachment - well she looooves that! (Both are non toxic toys too.)

Many happy years of play with Cozzette:heart:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Cosy will roll her little kitty ball back to me and she loves empty water bottles. Poor thing doesn't have any real toys..........HA! She'd rather play with people.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Rylee's favorite toy is her Kong filled with delicious treats fir. After that her favorite toy would be me.:innocent:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yeager's favorite is a stuffed horse about his size, that he wrestles with, and he also likes this rope ball toy that jingles when he shakes it. :D Have fun!

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dog really likes petstages toys. He likes to chew so anything he can chew on is good for him, like the petstages squeaky rope or chewy bone. He also likes to fetch because he thinks you bring the ball back and get a belly rub. I got a toy for him for Christmas that I think is considered educational. You put treats in compartments and he has to figure out how to get them out. I also got him a hide a squirrel which I think he is going to love. I showed him one of the squirrels and he took it from me and would not give it back. I had to hide it from him so that I can give it to him for Christmas. SInce he was a rescue he did not know how to play and I had to get down on the floor and crawl around showing him what to do.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
My gang loves squeaky toys and things to chew on...Himalyan dog treats and my hollyhock leaves... just bought them an antler to see if they like that. THey liked bully treats to chew on but those were just too stinky. And tonight Daisy came running into the back office full speed with the others in hot pursuit of some new delightful toy - apparently when my DH was making a drink an icecube dropped onto the floor...it's now a free for all LOL They are such nuts and cause me so much joy! I look forward to hearing more stories about your new doglet!! :)

*oh, they also like socks* :p

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
we need pics of your new fluff!!!!!!

Mine love squeaky toys the most. And stuffed animals, they think they are so vicious with those things!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
My gang loves squeaky toys and things to chew on...Himalyan dog treats and my hollyhock leaves... just bought them an antler to see if they like that. THey liked bully treats to chew on but those were just too stinky. And tonight Daisy came running into the back office full speed with the others in hot pursuit of some new delightful toy - apparently when my DH was making a drink an icecube dropped onto the floor...it's now a free for all LOL They are such nuts and cause me so much joy! I look forward to hearing more stories about your new doglet!! :)

*oh, they also like socks* :p
Yay for socks! Socks are a huge hit here, too!
The girls are always going on stealth missions to steal socks!

Welcome to SM! :)
I love the name Cozette.

As for toys, my living room looks like the toy ailse in Petsmart exploded...
I can't help it, they just love their toys!

Paris loves a Laser pointer!
I say she is Laser Powered!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a couple of very bad cellphone pictures I'll upload tomorrow if my hubby isn't able to get pictures of Cozette. She is such a busy busy girl that having her still for long enough to take a picture is a bit like trying to catch the wind, lol! She's an absolute blast though, and has settled in so quickly I've been really amazed. She has the potty pad mastered already!

She does love to play with our kitten who is about her age. The kitten hasn't quite figured out what Cozette is yet, though, or quite what to do with her LOL. Yesterday they were chasing each other around and around the Christmas tree, it was so funny to watch!

Last Christmas was so rough since I'd lost my Dolly a few weeks before, but this year the joy and laughter is back, all because of this little 2 pound bundle of white fluff. I'm so grateful-- she has been such a wonderful addition to our family!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts