Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Tell me what he was thinking?!?!


We have been in and out a lot today...and I have been washing laundry here and there...but not having time to fold it. So it was all piled on my bed waiting to be folded tonight. My sweet tired birthday boy came back to the bedroom with me. I thought I would give him the privelege of coming through the gate BEFORE bedtime tonight. (since it was his birthday and he was an ANGEL all day)
Well, I went back there and swapped another load from washer/dryer etc.(my back to him and the bed while I am doing this), then sat down on the bed to watch the tv and fold this massive pile of laundry.
I folded a few and then picked up a pair of my son's windpants...THAT BRINKLEY HAD JUST PEED ON!!!

Since they were windpants...the pee had NOT soaked in, so as I picked them up-I SLUNG THE PEE ALL OVER THE LAUNDRY, THE BED, AND MYSELF!
I growled (with a curse included
)...he immediately ran down the hall and rolled over on his back! He KNEW what he had done...I have no DOUBT about it.

So, not only did I have to rewash a huge pile of laundry...I also had to strip my bed-which was NOT on the agenda tonight.
Why, why, why? There is a wee pad box right there IN THE ROOM. It was CLEAN laundry-not dirty...he is a big boy...potty trained 99%-except for instances like this. So what is the deal? We had SUCH a good day too...I had bragged on his manners all day...and what a big one year old boy he was!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
Oh no. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at how you told the story, I had to chuckle. Perhaps he thought he didn't care for your fabric softner?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,287 Posts
Baaaaaaaad BOY ,Maybe he had such a BIG day he couldnt help himself.He was to tired from the days events .But I feel for ya girl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
I guess the only upside is that it was at the end of the day and not the beginning. If it had been the beginning, the WHOLE day would have been like that (at least that's MY experience).


My mother gave me my baby scrapbook some years ago. In it is a picture of me right after my second birthday party. I am holding my party hat - the one I urinated in about a minute before the photo was taken.


Brink - I feel your pain........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
Oh, I totally feel your pain...
...I've been bragging to everyone that Peanut is 100% reliable and he NEVER has any accidents. Then BOOM, last night I had to pee in the middle of the night, went into the bathroom (my eyes were still half closed) and I stepped in the biggest puddle of pee. Needless to say, I snapped out of sleepy mode immediately.

This morning, I saw Peanut pee on the pad, so I figured last night was just a one time deal, and when I walked into the front hall, there was a steaming poo smack in the middle of the room. :new_Eyecrazy: Peanut was looking up at me with his happy face, and his tail wagging like crazy
Anyways, I think he knows I put a deposit on a new puppy yesterday afternoon....

It sucks that this happened, but I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
That's what happen to ME afew months ago with Cloud! HE KNOWS NOT TO GO ON THE BED! Maybe he didn't know not to pee on the laundry??????


And awwww, Look at Lucy tryin to defend her honey!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
I'll bet he was marking the laundry, so it really isn't a housebreaking issue. I know some people with housebroken male dogs still have to be careful to not leave things lying around or their dog will feel obligated to mark it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Kodie@Mar 14 2005, 10:07 AM
oh my! :eek: 
Very BAD boy! 



How old is Brinkley?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43061
[/QUOTE]

He just turned a year old...THE SAME DAY!


Originally posted by LadysMom@Mar 14 2005, 10:27 AM
I'll bet he was marking the laundry, so it really isn't a housebreaking issue. I know some people with housebroken male dogs still have to be careful to not leave things lying around or their dog will feel obligated to mark it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43067
[/QUOTE]


Marking it for whom? The cats? What would be the purpose of it? He has never marked before that I know of....
He had peed on the bed twice...and occasionally he will pee on a blanket/throw in the living room floor if it doesn't get picked up...I have always thought he marked by pooing...I know you think I am nuts...but I have my reasons...
Long story unless you want to hear it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
Male dogs instinctively mark their territory. Sometimes neutering prevents it, sometimes not. When items are left around, on the floor, etc., their instinct is to claim it as their own by putting their scent on it - peeing on it. I know people who have had problems when people visit their house and leave their coat hanging over a chair, for instance. The dog thinks he has to mark it as "his". A pile of clean laundry is a favorite target, unfortunately. Since the scent is different, unfamiliar, it begs to be "christened" with his scent.

Not a good way for him to celebrate being a grownup one year old, is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Mar 14 2005, 11:47 AM
Male dogs instinctively mark their territory. Sometimes neutering prevents it, sometimes not. When items are left around, on the floor, etc., their instinct is to claim it as their own by putting their scent on it - peeing on it. I know people who have had problems when people visit their house and leave their coat hanging over a chair, for instance. The dog thinks he has to mark it as "his". A pile of clean laundry is a favorite target, unfortunately.  Since the scent is different, unfamiliar, it begs to be "christened" with his scent.

Not a good way for him to celebrate being a grownup one year old, is it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43093
[/QUOTE]


Ladysmom, I agree about the marking territory thing. Pretty Boy did it several times yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
How old is Pretty Boy? Has he been neutered?

Many rescued male dogs mark, unfortunately. You may or may not be able to break him of this habit. If he's older and has been doing it for awhile, most likely he will continue to mark. That's why a lot of the rescue groups send the boys to their new homes with belly bands.

You might want to get some for Pretty Boy. http://www.barkindogclothes.com sells the, so does Northcentral Maltese rescue (in their Malt Shop) http://malteserescue.homestead.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Mar 19 2005, 10:30 AM
How old is Pretty Boy? Has he been neutered?

Many rescued male dogs mark, unfortunately. You may or may not be able to break him of this habit. If he's older and has been doing it for awhile, most likely he will continue to mark. That's why a lot of the rescue groups send the boys to their new homes with belly bands.

You might want to get some for Pretty Boy.  http://www.barkindogclothes.com sells the, so does Northcentral Maltese rescue (in their Malt Shop) http://malteserescue.homestead.com/
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44449
[/QUOTE]

Pretty Boy is 3 yrs old & is not neutered I have only had him about 2 months. IOur vet has been gone recently so haven't been able to get him in to be neutered. I will check into the belly bands. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Mar 14 2005, 08:25 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Mar 14 2005, 10:07 AM
oh my! :eek: 
Very BAD boy! 



How old is Brinkley?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43061
He just turned a year old...THE SAME DAY!


Originally posted by LadysMom@Mar 14 2005, 10:27 AM
I'll bet he was marking the laundry, so it really isn't a housebreaking issue. I know some people with housebroken male dogs still have to be careful to not leave things lying around or their dog will feel obligated to mark it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43067
[/QUOTE]


Marking it for whom? The cats? What would be the purpose of it? He has never marked before that I know of....
He had peed on the bed twice...and occasionally he will pee on a blanket/throw in the living room floor if it doesn't get picked up...I have always thought he marked by pooing...I know you think I am nuts...but I have my reasons...
Long story unless you want to hear it...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43090
[/B][/QUOTE]


Ok, so I've GOT to ask...what is the story??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Carol Ann+Mar 20 2005, 06:47 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2005, 08:25 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Mar 14 2005, 10:07 AM
oh my! :eek: 
Very BAD boy! 



How old is Brinkley?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43061


He just turned a year old...THE SAME DAY!


Originally posted by LadysMom@Mar 14 2005, 10:27 AM
I'll bet he was marking the laundry, so it really isn't a housebreaking issue. I know some people with housebroken male dogs still have to be careful to not leave things lying around or their dog will feel obligated to mark it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43067



Marking it for whom? The cats? What would be the purpose of it? He has never marked before that I know of....
He had peed on the bed twice...and occasionally he will pee on a blanket/throw in the living room floor if it doesn't get picked up...I have always thought he marked by pooing...I know you think I am nuts...but I have my reasons...
Long story unless you want to hear it...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43090
[/QUOTE]


Ok, so I've GOT to ask...what is the story??

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44695
[/B][/QUOTE]




He is not allowed in the kids' rooms because they are rarely picked up and definetely not puppy proofed! My son often has legos making a creation or something and my daughter has had several Barbies already lose limbs to the Brinkster.

Anyway, somewhere along the way he realized that those rooms were off limits to him...now when he sneaks through the gate, he instantly goes into one of their rooms and squeezes out some poop!
Sometimes he is not through the gate more than a minute or two before someone catches him...but he has almost ALWAYS poo'd in one of the rooms when we get there! It is almost like it is HIS way of saying..."I'll teach you to not let me in this room!" Little turkey!
Now, since we have the AWESOME gate from Target that swings shut instantly, he doesn't sneak through as often...he only gets to come down the hallway at bedtime when the kids' doors are shut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
I was just thinking about this. does he use wee wee pad?
May be the techture of the windpants were the same and so he thought he could go on them.
Just a thought.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top