Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been helping some friends get ready for their upcoming weddings and so I have been looking at a lot of wedding dresses. I LOVED my wedding dress but if I could get married again today, I might go with a different style because I LOVE this dress.....

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?page=0&style=JSM1341

So, if you could do it again with another dress - what might you pick?:wub:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:what do you think ? I got married in 1965 !!
Of course today I would choose a completely different dress. The styles are different today and I have more money :HistericalSmiley:the only thing is I cannot fit anymore in the ones I really like :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Erin I got married in a Maggie Sottero gown and I still love her style today.....her signature laced up back and crystals, just gorgeous. The only thing I would do different today.....I would carry Sassy instead of a bouquet. We didn't have Sassy back then.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:what do you think ? I got married in 1965 !!
Of course today I would choose a completely different dress. The styles are different today and I have more money :HistericalSmiley:the only thing is I cannot fit anymore in the ones I really like :HistericalSmiley:
oh, just pretend! This is all for pretend anyways :)

Erin I got married in a Maggie Sottero gown and I still love her style today.....her signature laced up back and crystals, just gorgeous. The only thing I would do different today.....I would carry Sassy instead of a bouquet. We didn't have Sassy back then.
I too got married in one of her gowns and I still love it of course, but it was more of a ballgown so if I did it again I would try this more A-line style. I think Sassy would be a beautiful addition to any Maggie dress :):wub:

That is pretty.

I love the one I did wear but

I am kind of liking this one if I got one now.
ASM3275 - by Sottero & Midgley
so pretty!

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
You can call me practical, unromantic, or just an old fart, but I cannot justify spending thousands on a dress. I watch TLC's "Say Yes To The Dress" and they all look pretty much the same. What ever happened to the dress that had sleeves and a complete top? Today they are pretty much all bare shouldered, and some with a Merry Widow bodice (see through). It doesn't matter if you get married in a 30k dress or a pair of Levi jeans. Your still very married, and will have the precious memories years later. Not much help huh Erin? :mellow:

·
Registered
552 Posts
This was my dress when I got married 2.5 years ago. Casa Blanca Bridal :: Collections :) I loved it but wanted a bit more of an A-line look to it so I wore a slip underneath that gave it a little more fullness in the skirt.

This is one of my wedding pictures. The online album isn't the best quality but I loved the dress. Although a lot of that is because the seamstress who altered it did a wonderful job--it was strapless but fit perfectly and I never felt worried or had to adjust it all day.
Blackwell/2-30D-IMG_7713

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Although if I was young and thin ( as I once was) I would love one of the fabulous gowns that are all so beautiful these days. But if I renew my vows in the future I would just pick something comfy but pink & pretty and sew some matching dresses for my Maltese bridal party.
I would have Emma as my Maid of Honor and Mimi and Jilli as Bridesmaids and Twinkle as a Flower girl. They would steal the show don't ya think?

·
Registered
847 Posts
What a great thread idea!!!

Well...I'm not married yet, but, like most girls in their early twenties, I've glanced around a time or two :innocent:

These are my top three dress choices at the moment. They're all by Demetrios. If you can't tell, I tend to like strapless dresses with a tighter top/corset area and then a flowing bottom. I like mermaid bottoms, too. I have little to no natural curve, so these dresses make it look like I ALMOST do..LOL

Not a huge fan of anything too elaborate or the GIGANTIC trains or over the top poofy bottoms. There's a limit to the princessy-ness I want.

Dress 1 (Back)

Dress 1 (Front)

Dress 2

Dress 3

Oh and by the way. Here's my set of rings :) Check out the side view!!!

INSIGNIA-7050 engagement ring from the The Insignia Collection of diamond engagement rings by Verragio

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
I'm sure I'd enjoy picking out a pretty dress for a wedding... B)

but.....if it were TODAY....I'd be wearing a straight jacket kicking and screaming all the way down the isle saying "NO!!!!!" :smilie_tischkante: ...some days are not good to be thinking about that stuff.

I think I'd rather be buying a mother-of-the-bride dress at this point.

My mom made my gown when I was married in 1972, I thought it was beautiful. Of course I'd probably want a different style now.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Erin, if I could get remarried I would probably pick that EXACT dress (assuming it would flatter my figure). I got married 4 years ago this May, and at the time I was all about doing things as inexpensively as possible. My dress was about $300 after alterations and I hated it. I pretended I loved it (the only thing I loved about it was the $99 clearance David's Bridal price tag!) so every one thought I was happy, but really the price is the only thing that helped me narrow my dress selection down. It wasn't a bad dress really, just not at all what I wanted.

We also "saved" money by having my husband's uncle who was a "professional" photographer take our wedding photos, and they were all horrible. So horrible that I could literally take pictures 100x better than this guy. It didn't cost us a penny, and I still cry about it. We have no wedding photos. :( So...if you can give advice to your friend, tell her that PHOTOS is one of the most important things to budget for. :)

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Ha, funny question! When I got married in January 1999, (we'd both been married before) we had a very small wedding at a tiny stone church and the reception at a small French Bistro. I really wanted to wear jeans, but my step daughter got mad at me, so I wore a purple velvet dress. (I love purple shades)

If I had to do it again and had unlimited funds I'd choose something in very pale pink or lavender in a bohemian/romantic style, but not too fussy, flashy, or showing too much skin. I really don't know if that type of even dress exists or I'd have to have it custom made. I have eclectic taste in clothes and decor, and it's hard for me to find clothes that I really love as I have neither the budget nor the figure anymore, so I usually go with simple clothing, but inside I'm the type of person that would love to wear some funky bohemian pretty clothes.

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
What a great thread idea!!!

Well...I'm not married yet, but, like most girls in their early twenties, I've glanced around a time or two :innocent:

These are my top three dress choices at the moment. They're all by Demetrios. If you can't tell, I tend to like strapless dresses with a tighter top/corset area and then a flowing bottom. I like mermaid bottoms, too. I have little to no natural curve, so these dresses make it look like I ALMOST do..LOL

Not a huge fan of anything too elaborate or the GIGANTIC trains or over the top poofy bottoms. There's a limit to the princessy-ness I want.

Dress 1 (Back)

Dress 1 (Front)

Dress 2

Dress 3

Oh and by the way. Here's my set of rings :) Check out the side view!!!

INSIGNIA-7050 engagement ring from the The Insignia Collection of diamond engagement rings by Verragio

oh my I love that last dress

1 - 20 of 44 Posts