Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been gone for a couple of months and just dropped in last night. Have only read a few post but what the heck's going on? Are there a bunch "children" posting and trying to stir stuff up? I know this forum takes pride in allowing people to post with out total censorship, but maybe it's time to not give those idiots a voice. Screen them, weed them, throw out the trash. :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Honestly, I think we should just ignore them. They only post stuff like that to stir things up, when we respond, in any way, we are just encouraging them to continue and we make them very happy.

Judi

·
Registered
939 Posts
Luvmypupster,

I didn't mean that your comment was not needed! I am glad you have returned to posting here, we have missed you. I was just adding my opinion to your comment

One thing I love about this board is that there are few limits and little censorship allowing us to post questions comments and stories without delay. I agree there have been some "children" posting, but this happens as we become more popular. It does seem that when we "the ones who love this great site" comment on the negative postings it fuels the fire and encourages them to continue.

Now back to why we are really here:

How are your babies doing by the way? How do you feel about the Yorkie vs Maltese? Are they getting along well? How about the grooming, more or less than the malt?

Judi

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are getting along great! Best thing I could have done for Bentley. Don't know if you remember me saying that Bentley was painfully attached to me and had little to do with others. He would mope and get depressed when I would get ready to leave and stay that way for a while. Anyway I almost talked myself out of getting her , had second thoughts like "how could I do that to poor Bentley" didn't want him to think his momma was pushing him aside. They play together, chase each other and Bentley has more spunk, is more active and doesn't go thru the depression thing anymore and I don't feel as bad when I leave. As far as comparing the 2 breeds, first of all I think it depend on each dog and I don't think Bentley is typical of a maltese as far as his behavior goes. He's not friendly and sweet to everyone like so many malts are. He's that way to me but that's about it. Mia is a sweetie to everyone, she hardly ever barks but Bentley barks enough for both of them. She's very gentle , submissive & passive. Where as Bentley is more aggressive, They are pretty much as different as night and day. But I love them both so much.
Now the issue of coat care.........well, let me tell you, a yorkies is a breeze to manage. Yorkies too can have a cotton coat but a silky yorkie is still easier than a silky malt. Mia does have a silky coat and tangles less, tear stains are not an issue with most and if they do have stains they are not as visable. But i will say that the assumption that yorkies are hyper and yappy may noy always be true. Mia isn't either of those. The doggy odor issue isn't , she does smell a little different than Bentley but it's not strong and I really don't detect anything unpleasant ( i have a strong sense of smell). No shedding just as a maltese. I'm glad I have one of each!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow it sounds like you did the right thing for both of you.

I work at home so Tiki isn't left alone very often and when he is he usually goes in my bed and sleeps. I have thought about another dog, more for him than for me, as I do feel guilty when I have to leave him for more than a few hours. He is friendly with most people, cats and most dogs, though once in a while he will have a problem with someone or another dog. I am not sure why as nothing special stands out that may trigger the reaction.

I have considered another malt, a yorkie or a mini dachaund (sp?)...... again, I am having a hard time deciding on adding another pup, I know Tiki would do well, I am just not to sure about the additional child

Judi

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I ever get another dog it will be another yorkie, the main reasons being how friendly and outgoing she is and the ease in coat care. I love Bentley with all my heart and I'm very devoted to him but he does have more behavior issues than Mia and the malt hair is more work to manage. I have to tell you something he does that is so cute, Mia is really bad about putting things in her mouth, rocks, coin, sticks, anything she can find. So I have to chase her to get things out of her mouth so she doesn't choke or swallow something that may hurt her. Well, she thinks it's great fun because momma chases her. Bentley on the other hand starts trying to herd her towards me and rounds her off at the pass, and sometimes will charge at her and look at me like "Mom, Mia has something in her mouth"
He tries to correct her when she does somethiing she shouldn't. He's my helper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts