Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was putting the cute magnet that Christine, Mia and Leo (Allheart) sent to me on my refrigerator, I looked at the other magnets that are on it, and I had to laugh. I have a total of 5 magnets on my refrigerator -- all are Maltese related.

1. Vet's Information Card;
2. Small Magnet of Maltese by Bill McCarthey;
3. Magnet Driver's License from California for Lacie when she was a puppy;
4. Maltese Magnet that has a small bone attached. One side of the bone says "Fed" and the other says "Not Fed". DH and I used this when he was here to alert each other that the fluffs had or had not been fed.
5. My new magnet from Allheart reminding me that I'm special -- and, of course, making me think of my friends on SM.

So -- what do you have on your refrigerator?

·
Registered
542 Posts
you will laugh, my dh's work phone number
and
the Vet's number.
Nothing else at the moment.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Oh wow, our refridgerator has so much crap on it. I have my cousin's baby pictures (he's 4 now) a LOT of business cards held up with even more magnets. The magnets are mostley misc. company magnets or picture magnets with family members pictures in them. We have one magnet for the old groomer we don't use anymore. One for the ER vet (god forbid we ever need it), and tons more for everything from Rx hours to pizza delivery. We also have my neices school pictures and some of their notes and letters (they are 10 and 14 now). We also have a calendar that hangs on the fridge. It's a mess... :blink:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I love to get magnets for my fridge from places I travel to...so I have some from some cities across the U.S. and the rest of the world (I've been fortunate!).

I have a similar "fed or not fed" magnet that you described, but we got it for our cat ages ago from an antique store...I specifically got it to put on our fridge because my dad loves to feed the cat some wet food every time he walks by the kitchen (our cat knows my dad can't say no to him). Well, I hope your magnet worked out for you...because ours sure didn't! hehehe.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Pictures of the babies, of course (past and present), Vets info, Emergency Vet info, pics of hubby and I, and the most darling picture of my Kara's (RIP) Mommy, with her litter, that I rec'd from her breeder. Kara looked so much like her Mommy. It's priceless. I also have magnets on there, that have the months of the birthdays, for my Flakey, Tina Marie and Kara (all RIP). That is the front of the fridge, and I am almost ashamed of this, but on the side of the fridge, are my nephews...ooops I just realized that. Yikes. Maybe I could fit them on the front too LOL :)

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I don't have anything on my fridge. On the side of my fridge, tucked under the cabinet overhang so it can't be seen is the magnet for our oil company but other than that, nothing!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
The front just has a few magnets:
#1> Maltese ( whoda guessed ?? LOL )
#2> " I'm the proud owner of a spoiled rotten dog"
#3> "Life's too short to drink bad wine"
#4> " I love to cook with wine... and sometimes I even put it in the food"
#5> a butterfly
#6&7 two little coffee cups.

On side by the sliding door is an Emergency-Notice Kit which contains all my hubbys pertinent medical information ( history/ meds/ Drs etc)
Next to that is one for Pooches which now basically is vets# , ER # and directions to ER. ( I used to have all of Missy's diabetes info and cancer medical info in that.)

On other side ( not too visable unless ones really goes to the corner cabinet...is the business cards, and memo pads for listing needed grocery items etc.

I do have a lot of magnets on side of my range hood ( It's a dbl-sided one over the peninsula) Many were gifts, or little reminders of trips or special places.
I tried to get a photo but have a gloss-black appliance and got too much flash-back so I gave up.

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
On the side of the fridge is the vet and emergency phone numbers ... although I know our vet's phone number by heart!

On the front of the fridge are cards/pictures from SM (Jane, Tess, Zoey & Emy ... Kat, Snowy and Crystal, for the Camel Club ... Leslie and Moxie ... Dee Dee and Baby Katie ... and, Sue Clement and Tucker) ... and, other close friends that I've had for years ... in addition to beautiful cards with loving notes from my granddaughter, Ashley. Special magnets hold the notes and cards in place.

There is a picture of Snowball and Ashley.

Also, a picture Ashley drew and colored as a young child ... a picture depicting her love for her Grandma, Pop-Pop, and Ashley.

Oh, and a magnet for when I lost 101 pounds on WW. Yes, 100 pounds. (I gained some back though ... so, this is a reminder to get back on track)

So, the front of our fridge is full of happy and fond memories.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I have a photo:
of my husband in front of the capital building in DC with 2 thumbs up
a photo of me kayaking in Hawaii
a photo of us when we lived in San Francisco with the GG bridge in the background
a small photo of us in Acapulco
And a copy of the police report I filed on my 2 stolen bikes from last week. lol.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
I collect magnets when I travel and other people bring me magnets when they travel. I looked at my refrigerator one day and thought how cluttered it looked. Maybe I should get rid of some of the stuff. Then I started to try to determine which ones could go, and decided that they all have to stay. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Even though we moved 4 months ago ... I haven't put back all the magnets that usually live on the fridge ... the only one I have there right now is:

'Fridge Pickers Wear Big Knickers!'

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Mine has lots of junk on it,mostly advertising magnets from the phone company,they have all the important info,like car repair and pizza places! Have 3 of our vet's magnets on there.
I have a boston terrier magnet,looked like my old childhood bostons..
I have to get a malt and a cocker magnet.I do have the maltese property laws on my fridge....

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Seasonal magnets holding dr. Cards for me, grocery list, which I always forget to take, a pic of Vulfie zonked out in his water dish when he was a pup, a nice close up of Spookie at 4 mo. That hung on my bus.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts