Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does your Malt do this??? It drives me and everyone in the house nuts. LOL!! She will just start to lick a body part. If she is on the couch with me it may be an elbow, my leg. Something. Why does she do this. Sometimes she goes under the table and I try to lick my feet. The heel of my feet.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Yep Scooby does it too and particularly after we have had a shower because I think he likes the soap taste. Another thing he loves too is to lick my face if I have my moisturizer on and I have to hide under the blankets at night because he tries to lick it all off my face.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Is it a Malt thing? Wilson will lick and lick and lick- anything, not just me! We tell him "no licks", and he stops (with his tongue hanging out) and as soon as we look away he gives us one last lick!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Yes, mine are lickers, too. Those tongues are in my ears and eyes and nose... yuk!! I have to get under the covers to escape.....

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Yes, mine are lickers, too. Those tongues are in my ears and eyes and nose... yuk!! I have to get under the covers to escape.....
[/B]
Yeah, and let me tell you from experience, do ANYTHING you can to stifle a yawn. That is definitely a bad idea. I just about gagged when Cassie decided to lick my tongue when I yawned, the little heathen.

[/B]

Omg, that reminds me of what Scooby used to do to hubby. He would be asleep on his recliner and of course Scooby was there with him laying on his chest, I wasn't taking any notice of what was happening but Scooby was there chewing on hubby's ear lobe, having a wonderful time till hubby woke up in a bit of pain. Luckily he hadn't done any damage but I think he thought it was a snack for him to chew on, he was only a little puppy then. We still joke about that.
Oh yes, never yawn when he is around either or his nose will go right in your mouth. You know if we are eating and Scooby is on our lap he will try to steal the food right out of our mouth. He is very cheeky that way, but I blame hubby for that too because he often holds his treat (cookie) in his mouth for Scooby to get it and now he thinks anything that goes in hubby's mouth is fair game.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Before Doggy Daddy was completely converted to malteseism, he fell asleep on the couch with some gum in his mouth. Never quite figured out what happened, but all of a sudden he came up hissing and spitting--and Sammie had a mouthful of gum. Not enough Listerine in a Wal-Mart Super Center for papa that day. I still giggle.

Samsonsmom

·
Registered
251 Posts
<span style="color:#993399"><div align="center">Satine likes to lick my face and tries to get into my mouth. It's so funny because she has a tiny little tongue. Sometimes she'll lick my legs, feet, and hands. I think it's adorable. It's like they are taking care of you.</span>

·
Registered
802 Posts
Max does that, too. I pretend to lick him back with a slurp sound and he goes nuts (happy nuts).

Since I learned he does this, it's the perfect way to give him his tums (for tear stains)....I crush the tums into powder, wet my finger, show it to him and he licks it off. He wouldn't touch it in his bowl. He also had loose stool ( I learned that is from too much food, have to slow down with that) and he licked the pumkin off my fingers but in his dish he wouldn't touch it.

So, we learned to make use of his wanting to clean mommy off.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chulita has gotten us, in the mouth while I'm talking...YUCK!! In my nose she got a quick lick.
I hate it and put her down when she does it.

Do they ever out grow this??

LOL!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Chulita has gotten us, in the mouth while I'm talking...YUCK!! In my nose she got a quick lick.

LOL!![/B]
No, I don't believe they outgrow it. My first Maltese, Rosebud, did that her whole life.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

LOL!![/B]
No, I don't believe they outgrow it. My first Maltese, Rosebud, did that her whole life.
[/B]

GREAT....THANKS. LOL.
What is it? Do we taste good to them. LOL!!!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Well, I am sure, just like with everything else, you can train them not to do it.

I don't mind the licking, it's the nipping that drives me nuts. For that, I have read to use lemon juice on the hands...haven't tried it, yet.

http://www.perfectpaws.com/lick.html

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Buster loves to lick. He'll lick anyone, any where, he likes to like faces the best. He'll even like SweetPeas face till it soaking wet.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I just love, love, love the kisses!! I encourage it. Daisy won't give kisses, so I rubbed a piece of bologna on my face. She kissed for about three minutes after that - lol

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I just love, love, love the kisses!! I encourage it. Daisy won't give kisses, so I rubbed a piece of bologna on my face. She kissed for about three minutes after that - lol[/B]
I love kisses, too... especially on the nose... it is when they go inside the nose, eyes, mouth that I cringe!

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I just love, love, love the kisses!! I encourage it. Daisy won't give kisses, so I rubbed a piece of bologna on my face. She kissed for about three minutes after that - lol[/B]
I love kisses, too... especially on the nose... it is when they go inside the nose, eyes, mouth that I cringe!

[/B]
I know huh? We need nose plugs, ear plugs and goggles :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts